Tree of Savior Forum

SR3 - A Big Mistake?

I see. Thank you!

What do you mean by 1 good point in R3? I didn’t quite get that part.

Therefore my build A2R3SR3 is mainly for PvE (Dungeons, ETs, etc.) since it is AoE and sustain damage.

Is it still possible for it to be useful in PvP?

I have seen SR3s rushing marching fire at the start of the fight and manages killing one or two enemies. Its rare but I’ve also seen SR3s kill the whole team.

@Primo I was talking about killing bosses, in ET only attacking 1-2 mobs will not work, use all your good aoe skills and continue limacoing whenever possible.

I see.

When it comes to its AoE capabilities in PvE, do you think SR3 can compete with other AoE Archer classes such as Falconer, Cannoneer, Mergen etc.?

I feel SR is weak for a rather weird reason: the fact of how the server needs to be notified that player has pressed sub attack button, every single time, this means even when holding the button down, you could have 1 million dex and it’d not matter since your attack speed won’t be faster at all since its mostly ping based. It needs to change to be like this “Player used sub weap attack, holding button” till its released. You don’t have attack speed issues like this in RO. Then again the fact the game has to tell the server every single time you push a button is pretty stupid in and of itself. Most make stuff like attack speed more client side due to ping issues.

I also feel the SR skills save Limacon need to be completly redone, I find retreating shot to be absoulte garbage, I don’t know why so many think its so great. Its akward as fk to hit anything with it. Mind you my sr is only circle 2, so there might be something I don’t know about. But I pretty much never use the skill due to how it works.

Alot of the archers as a whole have been turned to garbage due to crit rate being removed from dex. ALot of the archer classes have crappy % mods on their skills so the vision of the devs imo had to have been for them to have dex for crit rate, not full dex mind you but at least some. Now that this has changed it’s broken over half the archer classes including SR. The attack speed would be awesome if it actually didn’t rely on your ping rate to work properly.

In general though I feel SR is pretty underpowered, Limacon needs more damage when its the skill the class is based around. I’d say at least a 200-250% dmg mod at lv 15+attribute. Limecon also needs to factor in your aoe attack ratio, If I attack with subweap without limacon I can hit 2-3 targets, with Limacon at my sr’s level? 1.

If you’re often 1st on Boss with your SR3, either your party member are doing something wrong, or you heavly overgear them, also, what content are we talking about? What Classes/Ranks got your party members? Simply saying “I always end up 1st on boss” means nothing and it’s not helpful at all whitout context.

Simply put, SR3 is back in the spot he had before the last meta “Retreat+Melstis”, not particulary strong, not particulary weak, it has decent AoE and some single target potential, anyone saying otherwise is either not admitting the truth or he’s “competing” against poor/weaker builds.

Personally I only use retreat shot along with limacon, so there is no reason not to cast the skill, at lvl 15 hits up to 15 more straight enemies, before the move the skill was stronger but still good.

The fact that ping is heavy really influences, by the effect of ping I decided to be 1: 1 str / dex, as I am Brazilian and I play in silute my ping is relatively good just not very stable.

SR and limacon, in my opinion does what qs always wanted and never got a basic attack build that does not end in itself and also comes with aoe.
@Primo I don’t know how the other classes are going in terms of aoe, but the friend there is right reiter 3 is no longer ET Meta,It’s farm build that can climb ET, it’s strong and not so strong. But a like it.

@RyogoKusama +11 isbality 3 green gem lv6, +8 mana mana lv7 red, limacon 70 retreat 70.
I usually lose my first place to some doppelsoldner and strangely some to corsairs. But it is not so simple sometimes i am surprised by classes that I did not expect to cause so much damage, it is probably a matter of investment indeed.

Another problem is that sometimes your little friends do so little damage, that the aggro stays in you and then you just jump from one side to another to the point of neither gaining any rank.

Edit: Schwarzer Reiter C3 Tips and Tricks after patch , This is a great post in which the user shows the ability to build on dg 290.

This last patch is all about weapon damage and high skill factor skills, given that all SR3 builds are basically the same since it’s very rare to place points elsewhere inside the build, all you gotta do to up your damage faster is getting better weapons… yeah, it seems a silly advice, but sadly that’s the reality of things now.
Before this balance patch, if you had a good enough weapon and your attributes level were average, the difference in damage between you and another identical SR3 was very marginal before transcendence is involved, right now instead, there’s an ocean of difference between a Mananana user and an Aspana Revolver user for example.

I suggest you to either try for a +11 Manamana if you still have potential left, or invest in a Purine Pistol (the purple 315 one from the new Hunting Grounds) with 2 sockets, it would be a pretty huge upgrade and it’s Practonium-free (you can save your first one for Aspana or anything else) also, it’s better to invest in Green Gems in your off-hand sockets if you’re aiming for a Crit Build imho, they give you more crit rate than the ones in your main hand, and once you reach a decent amount of crit rate you can think about switching gems in your main hand and use either Reds or Yellows.

Physycal Attack is not an issue once you get a decent weapon and start transcending it, meanwhile, you can’t get crit rate from anywhere else besides Gears/Gems/Attributes, so the more you are able to stack on crit, the better.

Post-patch, dual weapons wielding classes like SR3 are the ones with better chances to upgrade their crit rate due to using two weapons… true, it’s very time consuming and you need to spend a lot of silvers, but you can get very nice results.

1 Like

well that could be a reason
not easy for me to check that.

my manamana is +11 with a lvl6 green gem
2 stages of trans.
not that much OP.

builds i often loose my no1 kill rank are:
shinobi who can get their shadowcloes out fast / in time.
or those nasty psycoCyros with their iceblocks melting bosses like in no time.

ofc some good equiped Doppelsoldner you can call “competition” too.

i rly often look other peoples builds/equip
and all other chars except those mentioned above that out-dmg me , have weapons with like 2500-4000 attack , duo 315 gears with high trans , stacked with lvl8 gems :frowning:

rly need a aspana revolver there to compete with these guys :smiley:

You are looking at the wrong things. You are playing a class that is heavily impacted by gear. If your skills are hitting for little, it means your weapon isn’t that powerful.

Especially with the skill change, you need a +11 manamana or similarity upgraded 315 weapons to really “feel” strong since there is no more flat damage added to skills. At plus 6 on manamana you are looking at around 1k attack, at +11 it’ll be around 1.3k. If you transcend and upgrade an aspana you will more than double that.

All classes now need a significant gear investment to be strong.

To help you decide what weapon to upgrade.

2 Likes

Oh boy!

You know what a valuable resource it would be to have an easy place to look up the stats of +10 items? Would be incredibly nice to have.

1 Like

Yeah that would be great instead of manually adding all the increases per upgrade on the websites. You want +11 though as (9 to 10) < (11 to 12) < (10 to 11). I find it weird that the upgrades on a lv170 orange pistol > the upgrades on a 315 blue pistol. If you’re really lucky you can go for +16 manamana (as that is the next break point for ups).

1 Like

HI Primo, i really know what it feels but SR3 is in a good spot right now (compared to other archer builds)

1. I rarely see a SR get 1st in bosses but it is possible if you have good equips + trans + attributes. Do note that swordies in the same conditions will probably outshine you.

2. Yes, for a DPS role you need endgame items. I, personally, don’t go to solmiki(lolo is ok) with my SR and when i go with my support char i avoid parties with archers (except falconer). I feel the archers lack damage output(falconer is an exception as it amplifies the party damage), but this is my opinion, you can find a lot of videos of people climbing with archers…
    Mind that usually a ET party will have 1 chrono + 2 clerics so it lasts 2 slots for you. As most archers are full DPS, your damage need to be high otherwise it will be more optimal to put in your place a DPS with supportive skills

3. PvP weakness is not a SR only issue, your class choices have nothing to do with it :slight_smile:

Concluding, i cant think of an archer build that can be good at boss and ET and pvp so i dont think you made any mistake, focus on the sotrng points of the build :relieved:

1 Like

Could you elaborate as to why SR3 is in a good spot? What is the strong point of SR3? I don’t see where SR3 really excels bec other archer classes are better than SR3 in any scenario.

A2>Qs3>X>Musk is good for bossing due to its high single target dmg.

SapperFalconer is really good for ET bec of circling and broom trap.

Also. I see falconers, scout musk, and mergens excel in PvP.

https://tos.neet.tv/items/304103

below you can set the trans lvl and enchantment lvl of item, the atk value above changes with the trans and ench.

3 Likes

I never knew neet had this feature. How useful.

Could be better presented, but nonetheless good data to be able to view.

Just play classes that you find fun and enjoy playing.
SR3 is very fun for me, and that’s all that matters.
Check this to see what classes are most popular if you are really so desperate to play a very META build::
https://treeofsavior.com/page/class/ranking.php

Ironic the ar2/r3/sr3 build is ranked at top4 most played classes. So it’s not that bad i guess ? :))
Doppel can deal more dps than a SR only if he invests like 10 time more silver into his char.

SR3 is never a big mistake, it’s the best class to solo content/dungeons/etc, probably best class to farm silver fast at the moment, and a very sexy class also <3

A SR3 is a super mobile aoe dps class, this is the strong point of the class.

Also, i said SR3 is in a good spot, i didnt said SR3 is in the best spot or is the best build for anything.
Of course SR is not the best at bossing or ET, but it can do it decently. It is not like hackapell and cannonner that are uncapable of doing almost anything good.

If you want to talk min-max and meta, i have to say the meta thuth: SR atm is popular for farming (i think it is top4). It is not the best class for ET and bossing. If people have to choose between SR and Falconer for solmiki they will absolutely choose falconer. You will probably lose 1st rank at bosses to doppels and focused builds(like musketeer).

These things make SR a bad class? NO. The fact that there are better builds for different contents doesnt make all other builds bad. Like i said before there are many other classes in the archer tree that besides not exceling in these contents cant do them decently too.

The strongest point of SR is its mobility, in a boss fight a musk will take much more damage, you can evade the boss attacks and do a constant dps most of the time. You are ranged, so doppels will do more damage beucase they take
higher risks being meelee. In ET you are the safest class, you can group mobs, kill and always remain in a safe distance from everything. All classes need a tradeoff, you cannot be aoe + burst + mobile at the same time

For Pvp, i remember only seeing an archer in the rankings one time and it was an appraiser weeks after launching the class. Dont expect to overcome the clerics unless you have a specific build for PvP and excellent mechanics

2 Likes

Swordmans in comparation archer: More tank, more walk speed, more damage, more debuffs, more aoe, more tenacity against cc, and cheaper
Clerics in comparation archers: More tank, invecibility, heal, more aoe with some clases, more single damage with aoe skills !!!, buffs to party, and cheaper
Wizards in comparation to archers: buffs, debuffs, better aoe, lot of cc, afk farming
Archers in comparation to others: Ey !!! I HAVE MORE EVASION !!! UUUUUUUHHHH OVERPOWERED BITCH !!! YEAAAAAAH my skills have same % of damage than cleric, swordmans, and wizards and they have buffs, and debuffs to double the damage of her skills YEAAAAAAH i’m the best class… and I have no block, my clases use all diferent weapons, I can’t use some skills in my companion ALL ARE ADVENTAGES !!!

it feels like snipers of ro, with the diference that snipers in ro was usefull in pve,

Archers have access to “amazing” crit chance, the other classes don’t. I feel these aren’t enough but I don;t really know what will b enough.