Tree of Savior Forum

Say Yes to job reset

NO, just quit the game if your having such a hard time adapting to the games leveling curve. I swear people who ask for this crap are justt pathetic whiners at 130 - 160 and level 200 swordsman2s who didnt use conmon sense that swordsman should take aggro for parties

One thing for sure why many people wish “Reset Class Potion”.
I admit it really boring to run same quest // same route // 100%map // 100%Npc talking… aww I can’t say it fun @_@" with second character play…

I know “Reset Class” is risk for future of this game… they have both good and bad part that many people already debate. Many people who want this because their class is too weak and some skill still bug but somebody want to cheat with cookie cutter class at first then change to support at late game.

the first priority that need to “FIX” in my opinion is “Class balance” before add “Class Reset”…

*** (For me… I don’t mind if IMC add “Reset Class” or not)

2 Likes

This game doesn’t require you to build certain ways to be viable. Basically anything you throw together is viable. Some stuff will be better, and there will always be a meta. If you’re actually someone who is trying to play for fun, you probably won’t care about a meta, so long as you’re having a goodtime. If you care about going meta and using the optimal build for everything, then you’ll look into the game (There IS information out there if you know where to look and who to ask) and choose a meta build.

This game shouldn’t have a circle reset because everyone will just copy the meta build and switch around, sure, IMC can make tons of money off of that, but it isn’t really healthy for the game as a whole. I’ve played MMO’s where there are class changes, some people buy them weekly, others buy them the second something gets nerfed. It gets to a point where class changing becomes a marketing tool. The company almost seems to nerf things just to make people buy a class change and switch to a new meta, before they nerf that and buff something else.

So there’s a way it can hurt me. I use a build that I made to have fun with and have been using from the beginning of the game, it, or something similar, becomes meta, IMC wants to make money, so they nerf my build and everyone elses, and force the people who don’t care about their build to change, leaving little old me, with something I invested in and cared about feeling useless or simply not having as much fun anymore, while everyone else goes about flaunting their new meta. This is sort of extreme, but it can happen. Now your argument is “Don’t be so serious about a game.” My counter to that is, it doesn’t matter if it’s irl or not, when a person puts effort and time into something and it pays off, there is a pride there. The pride of seeing something you worked hard for come to fruition. To see something you invested in be ruined, or even simply to be piggy backed on by people who couldn’t care at all about the effort you put in, hurts.

1 Like

I agree that class reset should be made available when adding new classes and ranks. However, this could be an issue with templars. What do you do if a templar suddenly changes class and is no longer a templar? can they still have a guild? If they can, what if your guild tower is destroyed? How do you place another one? Level another templar? etc.

You wrong on all of your points 100%.
The rest will reset you class/circle to lvl ■■■■■■■ ONE.
Show me now in the end game dungeons wherevare this hard to lvl but good end game build.so far nonof you people can do this to suport you points.or we play to diferent games here?

No one say its GOD DAM HARD its take time and as borig as first time was.

So having suort at end game is bad?

Good god complaining about it being boring is the most idiotic way to prove your a player who doesnt like to think. The answer for you is so simple, quit the game. It is boring anyway right? Do you think i even read those predictable quest lines? I make my own when I play, use your imagination you moron.

From that reply I take that you have become completely closed to other’s opinions and views.
And btw, just saying I’m wrong without giving any reason of why you think I’m wrong doesn’t make you right. You need to bring or counter argument or your statement of me being wrong is just plain childish and unfounded.

My english level won’t allow me to decipher the meaning on this sentence. Who is the rest? Rest a circle to level one? Are we talking about skill reset now?
Take a minute to review your own replies please.

Non of US? Why are you twisting my post and saying it’s ours? And who is “us”? I don’t represent any group.

You mean to level something I would consider hard to level but good on high level though, right?
I can see Chrono Linkers and Thauma Linkers for example being imo a few of the low dps combinations that have a harder time leveling that dps builds on the wizard branch.

Youbdo represent the grup that dont want there reset,or did i get it wrong? If i get it wrong then i am sorry.
Chrono Linkers and Thauma Linkers are hard to lvl?as for twisting what you say.i think i asked you and people that dont want the reset to show me in game somthing thay say is there.

I don’t know what “suort”? are you misspell or internet slang?

one thing I talk about end game… maybe you said about change from DPS class to support class right?

I can’t say it bad or breaking the rule, just feel unfair for people who play support class at first…
It depend on how to use… example medicine can cure people but if use wrong way… it can be drug.

so you are saying that if they added skill resets 25% of the games population would buy it…and if they didn’t they lose 25% of said populations purchase not to mention those who say “don’t want it” will buy it lets not kid ourselves.

1 Like

Can’t be bothered to type again: Class resets should be availble

The Solution to end this bickering - ~add job reset don't add job reset solution~

I’m neutral on this. If it’s happening, find by me.Now I can switch to other build I want to try after getting bore with the current one.

If it’s not, just stay as I am, my current build still awesome :3

How its unfair for people who play support?
You will be reset to pvl ONE ot what ever class/circle you want.then you lvl up from there.

If a class reset is added to this game, I’ll no longer be playing.

…and the family level is gone, since it resets to 0 if you delete your character.

Leveling up is not hard in this game when you know how to do it. However do not forget: if you claim TP items on a char, they are bound to it… Why do you want to force people to delete these characters just because they found out later that they screwed up?

Except that not every swordman is a tank. Did you see a shinobi lurking in the shadows with a shield? I hardly doubt that. Not to mention barbarian and other 2-handed classes. These are not for tanking. Tank-Semi-Tank-DPS.

So, that means the situation would remain the same as now. Currently there are build you can use and mandatory class picks too. Nothing would change.[quote=“wb37485, post:385, topic:232830”]
This game doesn’t require you to build certain ways to be viable.
[/quote]

Please, show me your 200+ character. Cause that “every build works” only goes till then. After, you wont be any use of parties if you are…let’s see: not a tank as a swordie.

1 Like

Why so . cant at last one of you people say how this will efect you in the game. Like ye you maybe no longer be in the top 5% of players but this is not what the game for.

If they would bring group exp and aoe grinding elites back in line with other forms of exp, by removing the pointlessly large exp bonus; you would see less of this, I think.

RO didnt have this, yet groups were still a prefered way to grind exp. Why does ToS need a huge exp multiplier for groups?

It just helps force people into the mindset of ‘‘we need 1 of each class, and if you dont have this or that, you are useless’’