Tree of Savior Forum

~add job reset don't add job reset solution~

To close this argument EASIEST way to fix all this drama is here =

ADD A FEATURE WHERE PEOPLE CAN LOG INTO A TESTING SERVER WHERE PLAYERS CAN BE MAX LVL (280 at the time) HAVE ALL THE JOBS AVAILABLE WITH UNLIMITED CLASS RESETS, SPAWN THEM IN A HUGE MAP WITH ALL TYPES OF MOBS : FLYING MOBS / GROUND MOBS . MINI BOSSES / WORLD BOSSES / HIGH DENSITY MOBS.

And there you have it all this drama crap is gone for ever and ever…

Thumbs up if you think this is the true and endgame solution to this bickering.

4 Likes

Since even GMs tend to give wrong information on how some skills work I’d absolutely prefer OPs idea. Just make it so u can use that server for creating a “finalized” character which won’t even be saved. Create a few basic maps with different enemies, a pvp map…and that’s it. That’s all I need to test how some skills actually work.

No.

Why?

Because you’re adding high rate servers to the game. What stops players from playing the “test servers” as their main server instead of the “original” ones? You’re basically changing the game drastically.

Part of the fun is grinding hard to finally unlock that certain class and use it’s skills. If you just give everything to the players that feeling of accomplishment is gone.

As much as it upsets me when I take a skill and it’s not what I expected it to be, I don’t think this is the solution to it.

4 Likes

Think the name of the thing you are suggesting is called Sandbox Mode. And yeah it sounds wonderful.

2 Likes

Just make it so we are limited to a few very simple maps and we CAN NOT save the created characters…

Adding an offline sandbox mode instead of a dedicated server saves them precious resources to run it.

Like a typical map where you have the option to spawn any type of mob you want, set your stats, set your level, set you skill levels, class, and etc.

2 Likes

Are you a moron?, I am genuinely asking, because if you took the time to actually read my thread, it says TEST SERVER, as in NOT LIVE SERVER… please don’t just read the first sentence and begin to go into tantrum mode. Who in their right mind wants to play in a huge room with no goal no direction killing monsters for nothing… I don’t know why I replied I feel like I lost some brain cells because of it.

The game have no high level content. I can understand this when you reach 500, or at least it will be implemented, but not now. There will be whine all the time while the game is in development untill the end because there will be unlimited nerfs and ups until then. And there will be poeple who cry because their OP is killed with fix and they need reset. Only foretelling future can.

Could we maybe fix existing servers first and survive the f2p release before thinking about stuff like this?

1 Like

I would love a test server. I certainly would have made some different class choices if i knew just how bad and good some skills and skill combos were.
Edit a test server would also make it easier to figure out what some skills do and scale off of since the tool tips for some classes are nonexistent. Cough sorcerer riding skills cough

1 Like

theres no raeson to no put an reset class, in a game where the max lvl is over 500, and u cant get there in a day.

And who will pay for the server costs and staff-maintenance for this ‘Test’ server?

You? Me? Him?! ---->

Not to mention that this won’t solve the issue of people complaining that they can’t switch their class after a nerf hits, or they can’t switch after a new Rank is added and it fits their build “better than my old one” so now they consider their character un-optimized. What we need isn’t a job reset, but a “Class” page on this website like the one on the Korean website so people can look into their class without relying on 3rd-party information before they make their decision. http://tos.nexon.com/gameinfo/joblist.aspx

What I also think we should do, is just take all these “Add Job Reset” suggestions, and:

1 Like

That page won’t help cause the skill descriptions are a mess. You can not trust it… And even GMs can’t tell you how some skills behave…you can’t trust em either. It’s just hit or miss right now with some skills.

No. I think all of you,who want a job resets\sandbox server for test’s shouldn’t get this. This game about who made better builds,if you can’t made for yourself good build,you will be weak in comparison with other’s. So you should read guides,mechanics and talk with other’s about your build,get some tips from them and thinking about that. Hope this game not be boring for next 2 years.

P.S.
Maybe in the future they give some reset scroll’s for stats and even for skill’s,but not for classes or it’s will be chaos with classes and half of this classses never will be choosen.

Sorry for my english.

1 Like

Well tell the self proclaimed “hardcore” players that lol, they will rain on any solution leading to a TP item that class resets.

dude unless u are over 200,and u copy someone else builds and u are thikning “its the most OP build no need changes” dont argue with those who want it, its a MUST, im not an idiot to rework all my class everytime one interesting class comes out, also the decisions like " ok u want to be feetherfoot now? nice then go kill 50 creeps and come back gonna change u asap" btch pls? is it a hard effort to make the decision not reseted?

you are the one who is going into tantrum funneh.

Annoyed not really throwing a tantrum.

But if you can obtain everything in just a few minutes what’s the point?

If you’re given all your levels and stuff you want the moment you go in the server it doesn’t really matter that much if your character gets saved or not.

Like I said, part of the fun in the game is the feeling of achieving something after a hard grind. If you don’t like that, you’re better off playing a different game. And also, it doesn’t matter if you name the server a “test server” or not. People can still play in it just to PvP with max level characters and have fun. That’s good in a way because people who don’t want to go through the grinding can have fun without grinding. But it’s also bad because it basically spoils all the game content to everyone. Adding a instant-max-level server is changing the game drastically and changing the game’s focus entirely.

3 Likes

Nobody would play on that server… It’s just for testing. You can’t even effectively play on such a testing server when your character isn’t saved.

It’s just to check how some mechanics work… We are lacking that info. Many skills are a mess and nobody knows unless you risk taking the class…that’s just bad. I stopped playing when reaching sadhu 3. I would never have chosen that class if I knew how awful sadhu 3 actually is. A testing server would prevent such things from happening