Tree of Savior Forum

Say Yes to job reset

That’s a separate issue all together. I agree that premium items should be team specific, not character specific, but that’s not an argument for circle reset.

But if you want to use that logic, okay. We can.

“I want to play an Archer, but I made a Wizard for fun. I bought all my stuff on my Wizard but I kind of want to make my Archer my main. Can you sell me an item that will let my Wizard become an Archer?”

1 Like

I bought every pack just the same and say NO to class resets. As do many other people.

Shouldn’t spend money on something without understanding what kind of game it is.

Its ridiculous how players think they are entitled to force the developers to change their game to something entirely different

2 Likes

I don’t see how that is abuse, if a person has the bucks to support IMC to that extent just to make leveling a few characters easier I don’t see the problem, and you shouldn’t either, because there is literally none.

This is you trying to micromanage how everyone enjoys the game for the sake of…what?

Its the fall off damage I’m worried about, I find sorcerer good mind you its just that yknow will it be 400-600 levels later?

That’s why i am hopping for a overhaul on these earlier classes skills.

The 25 percent you’re talking about still wants a reset- limit or not. But anywyas, my point had to do with ‘vocal minority’ and not ‘minority’. There is a difference.

How convenient.

No it’s not.

Right now and for the foreseeable future these items are untradeable and will be lost if a player makes a mistake.

And what will happen in 1-2 years when players that spent lots of money want to class reset?

There are lv 400+ areas in other versions and the game is nowhere close to complete.

To say “no” to a class reset is just something that will kill the game in the mid-to-long term.

Even in the hypothetical case costumes are tradeable, there are things that are character-bound such as the millions of silver spent in skill attributes.

You expect players to abandon hundreds of dollars in items and tens of millions of silver in skill attributes just because they did a mistake at choosing a rank and/or IMC decided to nerf a class job?

#And for what? So 4-5 players can brag about “muh hard game” while the rest leaves out of frustration?

Yeah, right.

It is nice of you to cherry quick what to quote, but you’ve missed the point entirely. Team Storage and its limitations is a separate issue. But if you want to use that to support your argument then we can do that.

So can I change my base class? If you want to hold onto the fact that you can make a “mistake” which makes your character unusable, then why stop at circles? Why not base classes? Can we make this like FFXIV?

1 Like

I don’t know, we are not asking for that.

Just for job resets, not base class.

It’s simple, really:

Don’t want a job reset? Don’t get one.

Don’t bother the rest with a “muh hard game” nonsense.

2 Likes

this turned ugly…

Honestly, if they just made a reset cost like 20 dollars, I’d be fine with that. At that price, most people won’t be able to “abuse” the system and everybody wins!

“I’m retarded and dunno how to search my class info on forums, so I will cry for IMC to fix my personal mistake” - OP, 2016.

should be more expensive actually :smiley: but then again people will start complaining about the price… you just can’t please everyone :frowning:

Then don’t use team storage as support for your reasoning to wanting a circle reset. What if IMC nerfs Swordsmen even more but all your premium items are on that character? Going to ask to become an Archer? Well no, you won’t answer because it your deem it unrelated to what is being discussed at hand, yet you’re more than willing to accept Team Storage into the matter. Convenient.

I’ve posted many times as to why a complete circle reset is actually very bad. I can summarize, but it’s honestly a bit tiring having to point out the obvious so many times over.

If you can reset your circles, you have no incentive to play any class in any tree that is not geared towards PvE and has an easy early and mid-game. Why do it? It’s much easier to level as a PvE class and reset later.

Let’s look at Quarrel Shooter. It sucks. It doesn’t get good until Rank 4 and even then, you’re there for a buff which synergizes well with other classes. But why level as a class with next to no AoE? Why not play as a Ranger and reset at Rank 5+ to a Quarrel Shooter. Why level a character you want for PvP if you can level as an a PvE and reset later? There is no reason beyond not wanting to spend TP. It is a waste of time to level as anything that is not optimal for leveling.

Not to mention you can simply reset to what is popular and in demand at the time.

I’ll agree that theres pros and cons on both camps. Different people find different system of gameplay enjoyable. Agree to disagree yeah? Also, just because one person is a min/max type of player doesn’t mean everyone will be. I actually like to play whatever I find enjoyable, not top dps. I just don’t want a gimped character.

You keep rambling about base class change when this post is not about that.

This is a business. A business IMC has to make profitable. They need players, elitist that want to make the game harder for everyone do not help to the growth of the game.

Make a positive experience so the playerbase and potential customer number increase.

As simple as that.

1 Like

You’re under the impression that not being 100% optimal is a negative experience. It’s not. Min-maxers do research, casual players don’t.

What builds are you talking about that lead to such a negative experience?

1 Like

Not having Pelt on Swordman.

You may not be popular in dungeons, but enjoy being more in demand in PvP. Now if you thought skipping an AoE aggro pulling skill was the best way to be in demand in PvE, then you should have thought about it a bit more.

I don’t think you understand what I meant so I’ll try to clarify. You stated in a previous comment about how people would just “copy endgame builds instead of trying to make what they have work,” if class reset was implemented. Disregarding the fact that people are already doing that. My point was I wouldn’t do that, because that’s a min/maxer mentality. But let’s assume people did do that. How would that affect your enjoyment of the game? Apologies if I’m sounding rude, but you are contradicting yourself. Also I’m a casual player and I did do my research. I just hate the fact that I have to to be viable. I’d rather play around with builds in the game and see what I find enjoyable. But this game discourage that type of gameplay