Tree of Savior Forum

NO Job reset PLEASE!

What’s wrong with doing that? How does that negatively affect you in any way?

1 Like

My time as a Quarrel Shooter has been effectively squandered, as I could have taken the easy way and played as a Ranger and reset into Quarrel Shooter.

This logic is similar to buying levels or EXP cards. It doesn’t impact you negatively. So can we do it?

Oh this is just ■■■■■■■ ironic as ■■■■.

You are actually telling us this would make you mad because you wasted time leveling a character with a bad build.

I cannot even comprehend this irony right now.

1 Like

No the build is fine. I’d be upset if I realized that there was no point to leveling as a Quarrel Shooter. I mean, why do it? I can just level as a Ranger and reset later. No point in going Quarrel Shooter until endgame.

Yes, and this is exactly how people feel about trying non-cookie cutter builds in a system that punishes experimentation without offering a rationally thought swap system, except it happens in reverse.

They dread the thought of potentially wasting time with a shitty build, so they go hoplite c3 > dopple > dragoon like everyone else.

And yet we have people saying that a circle reset would reduce class diversity.

This is just so funny.

1 Like

It would though. You would just copy the top endgame build instead of trying to make what you have work. It promotes changing based on what’s the flavor of the month.

“Oh this Linker with all DEX is doing really well in world bosses. My Wiz3Elem3War build isn’t really as popular. I’ll just be a Linker then!”

“Oh Cryo3Chrono3 is pretty popular in Earth Tower huh? There’s more than 11 mobs so my Linker isn’t really as desirable huh? Well okay! I’ll just be a Cryomancer then!”

Except you’re ignoring the alternative, where said player just quits because they feel like they wasted their time/are wasting their time with a ■■■■ build.

1 Like

But wait there, why should game care about you when you only think of ways to limit their income? The only way you can make your point valid is to come up with items to be in shop that will be bought by many people and would be unpopular when items like circle/job resets. If you can’t than there no point to argue, this game needs to make money first and be fun 2nd.

1 Like

If a player hates their build so badly that it causes them to quit the game, then they weren’t very dedicated to begin with. I don’t know how many ranks it takes most people but for me, rank 3 is where I decide if I like what’s going on with my build. It’s not a very large commitment either.

Does no one play for fun anymore? Everyone seems to want to be the best, but just expects to randomly stumble across it.

2 Likes

Once again people who are against class resets are making the assumption that it would be free/easy to obtain, even though literally no one has been advocating for free/easy to obtain class resets. There also has still not been any arguments as to how class resets negatively affects anyone else.

1 Like

I’ve gone over how it negatively impacts people many times. It diminishes the value of leveling as anything that is not streamlined for early to mid-game. Essentially, why level as a Quarrel Shooter when you can level as a Ranger and reset later? Literally no point in playing a Quarrel Shooter for PvP reasons. Just level as the best PvE class and reset later.

This strawpoll is biased as it only takes the forum users’ point of view but the results here seem to imply that about half or more of those in favour of a reset want a complete one.

You know what else doesn’t “negatively” impact anyone? Selling EXP Cards in the cash shop. Why should you care if someone paid for their levels? Call it a slippery slope but it relies on the same base logic. Why do you care how other people play the game?

1 Like

Um, then why would you consider it a waste of time to level as QS?

Do you not play for fun? All about efficiency and endgame to you?

1 Like

/clap20times

1 Like

Quarrel Shooter is not fun, what? It is extremely rough until C3 when you get Running Shot. It’d be nice if I could spam Barrage until Rank 4 and later reset into one of the best PvP classes for Archer. It’d be much faster and easier.

The fun argument just doesn’t work. That’s completely subjective. How a player chooses to play is up to them. However I don’t think that gives a player or rather should give a player, the ability to have a much easier time to literally accomplish the same thing.

You might as well just hand out EXP at that rate.

@tkachborus Let’s sell EXP Cards. Money first, fun second. People would pay a ton for EXP Cards!

2 Likes

You don’t seem to realize how online games work, it’s about how they can make the most money during the game whole life not how much they can make in 1 day. It’s like why release 3 popular movies during diffrent time periods?, producers even coordinate between each other for release date. I won’t lie tho, I will spend 200$ on exp cards if it’s affordable to try out builds I want and move on to diffrent mmo.

Money first, fun second. Leveling is not fun. So why not kill two birds with one stone and make money?

2 Likes

Under your logic, “everyone” could just do it anyway, so there’s no unfairness to begin with.

I really hope eventually it comes full circle and you realize how silly your POV is.

1 Like

Well for those who do like lvling there is fps games, and even some of those still have lvling. But only games like counter strike with no lvl crap actually last long. If this was my game I would have released tp buying option before people played for 2+ days, before those who don’t like this play style realize that. And if I created a game to have fun in it I would put a price on dowload and remove the tp shop.

And there you go. There’s one of the big holes in your logic. There is no point in leveling anything that is not the best for PvE since it is now best to do that and reset into another build later. You’ve effectively made the leveling progress in ToS even more linear.

Why level as a Wiz2Linker or CryoLinker? PyroLinker is better. Trying to make a Sorcerer or Elementalist? No need to get to Wizard 3 or Linker 2. Become a Pyromancer 2 first for speedy leveling and grab Linker as soon as you can. There you go.

Want a PvP spec Rogue? No need to suffer through Quarrel Shooter. Level up as a Ranger, maybe even take Fletcher. You can reset later.

There is no point in leveling anything that is not PvE spec. Do you see how silly your POV is?

And your pov to want to denie an option to others? Wait for job reset to come out to finally realize that your pov dose not matter. And go uproot some old topics about this on Google from difrent games and see for your self the number of people like you, and that each and every one got destroyed by that same option their pov dined.