Tree of Savior Forum

Say Yes to job reset

Some class dont wanted becouse they are not good at what they need to do. Like why take hunter or supper over ranger c2 or 3.why take a mage that dont have linker over one that do have it.some things just do more.

How do you even build a swordsman that isn’t somewhat tanky? We seem to just have more HP than any other base class naturally. You don’t need to take peltasta to tank, you just have to not do a full strength build, why would you do full strength anyway? it’s a swordsman, a character that fights in melee, you want higher HP so you don’t get kill from being in a horde of mobs. So long as you have a decent healer and didn’t only stat strength like an idiot, your swordsman can tank perfectly fine.

1 Like

There are many sw classes which are not meant to be tanks. Shinobi is one of them. If you think shinobi is a tank… Japan will riot!

Oh and please…go to the swordman forum and tell this to everybody that they don’t have to pick peltesta if they want to be able to tank. They will laugh at you pretty hard. Why are you talking about something when you don’t know anything? Honestly… :smiley:

Also, where is the class diversity? Why should be a barbarian go and tank when he is clearly a dps just as highlander? Corsair is not even close to a tank either. Yeah, for tanking…pelt is mandatory circle pick or you are not wanted on higher levels.

If I’m wrong, just go to the swordman topic and prove it to everybody…come on, time to shine.

1 Like

That’s more of a class balance and player mindset problem. Swordsman has poor DPS in most of their trees. There’s a reason why people want tanks and not DPS in a lot of cases.

It was like this in the CBT with Linker. It was so over-centralizing that you had to get it. After a few reasonable nerfs, Linker is still great but by no means mandatory. If Peltasta is seen as mandatory for party play, then that’s a balance issue, not a class reset issue.

1 Like

The issue is not “IF” someone “casual” screws up they’re not entitled to a reset, its the over-abuse taht will come out with it, and it only needs a SINGLE RESET, a whole guild of max level can change its format to achieve max DPS changing their easy-to-level classes to OP-but-hard-to-get clases, like wiz3>ele3>warlock1, linker3>chrono3, wizz3>linker3, pelt3>hop3. or any full support for that matter… “Oh we need an alchemist for my guild, I’ll just pop this potion since I’m the only one that didn’t reset yet and there you go” without any struggle that only alchemists know about when leveling up.

This idea is not a “time saver” is a “lazy saver”, you can just create a new char from scratch to “test an idea” or even look for it on forums/youtube and theorycraft… you’re asking for a private server feature, might aswell srtat playing at one

A macro is a “time saver” for casuals
A bot is a “time saver” for casuals
A scam is a “time server” for casuals
A range and/or speed hack is a “Time saver” for casuals
Just because is a “time saver” doesn’t mean is a good thing to have, specially in this game

That work on D3, FFXI, DragonNest, Wow? Thats good for them, but here on ToS just won’t work, the game revolves around your class choices and its circles, that means which part you’ll be taking on parties, banalize that just because you want to “to test an idea” or “only have 3 hours per week to play” will take away all the magic from this game, and turn it into a Hello-Kitty-Casual-Game, you better off some moba that you can get to “end-game” and test new ideas in the same match.

ToS is not for players from LoL or Dota Generations is for people that actually played older MMOs and know what a real MMORPG is meant to be played, no shortcuts to glory.

refer to “The tank dilemma”

“You don’t need to be a Peltasta C3 or a Rodelero C3 to be a tank.”

“Every Swordsman is a tank. It doesn’t matter what class you choose, by simply being a Swordsman you are naturally a tank.”

“Swordsman gets as much as up to 3 times the amount of HP other classes get.”

“Some party compositions are even able to get by without using a “tank” for their dungeon runs.”

“Also, the protection for a “tank” doesn’t come from the Swordsman tree, it comes from other classes on the Cleric tree.”

“The Swordsman’s job is only to get aggro”

There. From the swordsman forum, from someone who mained and has been playing a lot of swordsman classes/build combinations. Also, I’d like to think that I do know something since I talk to people who were in the closed beta and who messed around with swordsman builds. I’ve only ever made a swordsman character, and I make swordsman builds on the tree of savior skill simulator which I run by the people who know what they’re doing with the class. Those people then give me feedback and explanations of why certain things are better or worse than others. That said, High DPS swordsman is NOT high DPS. you can build a low damage class for damage, but it will never be on par with actual high damage classes.

More like say no to reset as I’ve seen on much many post about this. all u have to do is research on ur class befor u pick it instead of rushing in like a headless chicken took me like a day to decide wat class I wanted for rank6 and even tho people said it would of been a bad idea and there are better choices to make I still choosed the class I like and think I would enjoy dispite the fact I won’t be able to use it to its full potential because of the earlier classes I took u altho I’m not against a job reset I do not think it is needed and would make it to easy for every one to change classes all the time

Yeah I know it, but let’s not bring that topic here… It already has 2 very large one. :slight_smile:

@wb37485 You said you don’t have to pick peltesta, not peltesta c3. You just quoted that it should be happy to not have to pick c3. Also that “naturally a tank” was wrotten before anybody took a step into 200+ maps. You are not a tank there anymore.

You miss many points…

Have fun reading. :slight_smile: That’s it for the swordman topic. Everybody knows that currently you have mandatory circles.

I picked that class because as you see, some of the guys would need circle reset because of that…

However it’s hard to talk to some guys whose are not experiencing lvl 200+ content, cause you literally miss the whole point of these things.

Better and very precise skill descriptions…

Testing room when advancing job. (with that job on lvl 15 while in the test room so that you actually test everything)

Testing room with spawnable passive (for dps test) and aggressive (for realistic cenario testing) dummys. (obviously no xp/loot)

No reset. (unless class gets completely revamped, for small changes skill resets will do)

I’d be ok with reseting only your last circle. That way ppl couldn’t complain about finding out some job sucks and getting stuck with it. And they would lose the last circle exp, of course.

1 Like

@wb37485

It was written after I played to level 280 on kTOS as a Dragoon with a nearly Full STR build. It is still valid today and even easier than before because of enchanted headgears.

All of the “recommended builds” on my guide have Peltasta C1 in them (except of a variation with Corsair for PvP). Simply because of the state of the game.

Builds without Peltasta can still tank in dungeons and missions without any problems. The issue comes when it is time for grinding and it is a problem with the game, not the classes.

Currently the most efficient way to level up past 220 is grinding in a party and that involves the role of a lurer as a Swordsman, which comes from Peltasta C1.

People who didn’t pick it for their builds also want to participate in that leveling process, when they didn’t build their characters for it, which puts them on an awkward place. They can still level solo or in duo though, although it is not going to be as fast as grinding in a party.

It is not so much that Peltasta is mandatory, but that players wanting to have everything on their build feel forced to pick it (for leveling fast).

An easy way to fix this without touching the classes is to have more variety as to how people can level up. With more maps / grinding spots there could be options for people to either go in a party (with Peltasta) or keep on leveling on another map on their own (without Peltasta). But solo grinding and party grinding have to be close in terms of efficiency for this to work.

It just depends on how IMC wants to build their game. If party play will be heavily enforced then they do need to fix many classes in the game, but if they want to allow players to level up on their own “solo” way too then they have to add more variety to leveling maps.

1 Like

the “half forum community” I saw in a pool was 311 players, it isn’t even close to 1% of actual players/

Do you wanna just argue about the poll now, instead of bringing something new to the table?

You only need a certain sample size to be accurate.

You know all those polls you see on the news and they say “this amount of americans like this”. (I dont know where you’re from though). They dont have every single person answer that poll to get their stats.

I did a quick good search and it says an average of 1000 people are included in those polls out of 200 million people.

@artooc3po I’m waiting for the Goddess’ untold apocalypse: F2P. I feel like the forum will have a larger number of people asking for class reset. AND I’m only talking about those who know some english and those who can use google translator. Almost everything that we have to say about the Pros and Cons has been said. I really want to write something about the relation between why we need a class/rank reset and the UX issues with the actual rank advancement.

@Gringe that’s why I don’t believe nor give credit to them. There’s an indie music in Brazil (I can’t remember it right now :frowning: ) that says something like “Everybody knows a neighbour that has been interviewed by ibope” (an opinion’s research institute) and as far as I know, the most important things they have shown in television proved to be wrong when put in practice (mainly about voting stuff).

Also, in a quick search I saw that being 1%, 5% or 10% depends on how much accurate you want it to be. I know we can’t ask all the players, but the reasonable amount of players shouldn’t be of “forum.treeofsavior.com”-only-active-members. It should have the opinion of steam-forum-only-members as well as players-who-don’t-care-about-forums-only-game. Sometimes they don’t even know there is a discussion about it happening in here. Maybe we should call them to ask for their opinion and then see what happens.

@artooc3po since you wanted something knew, why don’t we start a in-game campaign to ask for players to give their opinion in here, presenting the Pros and Cons of a class reset (preferable in a neutral way) and see what are their opinion?

I’d also give a translated version of such post to help the Brazilian community who can’t speak english at all.

You talk in some weird circles.

1. You ask for poll
  2. I give you poll
  3. You refute poll
  4. Then you tell me, that I want a poll and should start one.

Weird.

It’s odd, the best argument I’ve seen that is for class/circle resets is the one comparing the class trees as skills. Nobody has addressed this it seems. (Granted, I might have skipped over it). Thinking of classes as just a set of spells/skill/stat points, it wouldn’t be too terrible to add in a class change. That said, I’m still against it, because I don’t like people who change to the cookie cutter builds the moment they find out about them, and I don’t like people who don’t plan things out. As someone who plans things like class/build out to a fault in games like this, people who don’t, and just jump aboard after you’ve put in the effort are scumbags. In the end, the only difference is that the people who will do that will do it anyway, there will just be a time lapse. If it were put to an actual vote, I would probably abstain. If I don’t like my class choices for some reason when I hit r7 or when r10 is introduced, I can make a new character instead of class changing. Suffice it to say, I would tolerate a class change if it were added, but I won’t advocate for one.

Transcend. After you hit max level, you Transcend. =3

Almost like a New Game+

I’d be okay with this if you had some sort of a period of time to reset this circle, let’s say, 48 horus. Otherwise I’m completely against it. But this is one thing that it might just solve it since at higher levels messing up a rank means that you pretty much lost 90 hours of gameplay.

no circle reset pls, no destroy this game