Tree of Savior Forum

Say NO to 50% Squire - Alchemist - Pardoner Tax!

If you lower kit cost, you lower the rest of the mat’s costs, for alche and pardoner.

ALL services are affected. Not just squire. How about those? I guess I forgot to mention that. Sorry.

So yeah, rethink the tax rate. Otherwise change ALL(?) mat costs, npc costs, etc.

What about other services that has no npc alternative like enchants? will they remain insanely expensive?

No, I don’t mention any other services, I only talk about repair service here. because OP have a calculation about repair service and he only think about lower tax, so I suggest some other solutions.

About other service, base on each particular case, we should have suitable solutions, so I don’t argue about them here.

Only time I’ve had cause to use the really expensive repair from a player shop is at a dungeon in a rush. I guess that would be where the only market is unless the price is reduced.

The topic title includes ALL though. :slight_smile:

It’s over complicated to sum up All, furthermore, he don’t provide us the statistic of other services so I don’t want to argue carelessly about them.

Here’s one for pardoner. Everyone is affected by the tax. 50% tax is more than real life tax. Highest tax tier here in PH is 32%.

So as you can see, the tax have different effect in each particular service. In this example, the Pardoners have no NPC-counterpart, so they compete with each others. He can’t denied that full time AFK Pardoner can gain profit, and he can’t compete with them. SO the problem here is not the tax.

Real life tax money eventually finds it’s way back into the economy anyways.
Those game tax money is gone, forever and for good.
Enough money is generated by selling items to an NPC causing highspeed inflation, probably even faster than America is printing new money.

1 Like

I actually appreciate the tax. It is a great silver sink for the copious amounts of silver being collected by players everyday. It helps keep the economy from inflation. I’m for it. And I believe that it’s just human greed that’s keeping the prices of repairs high. I don’t really know the mechanics of repair shops but I think they can lower their prices while still being able to make a profit. They should be good.

I can understand that IMC policy against bots, but I think it extremely wrong to punish the players and destroy the economy because of bots.

A mmorpg without economy is not good.

And worse, there is no point block and lacerate the game economy, bots are there, hunting in Crystal Mine and Spaming in Klaipeda 24/7 and nobody stop they…

It’s so difficult a GM enters the game and type / ban on spamer? The game engine does not allow it?

Because for a player to take photos and record videos, to come to the forum and make a report its hard and boring… The player will pass hours reporting bots, just for nothing, because takes so much time to ban…

The point here IMC is… if you can’t fight agains bots, making a blocking system or putting gms to hunt they… just let it go…

NOT DESTROY THE ECONOMY OF THE GAME, NOT PUNISH THE PLAYERS BECAUSE OF THE BOTS!

Think about it IMC, think…

thx

1 Like

If anyone has any idea, expose here, we will work together for a better Tree of Savior!

:wink:

You are wrong… the game has lots of services forcing players to spend their money. Using the merchant classes are wron… people just don buy from a Squire, and that is all. This 50% taxes don’t make people spent more money, it is just a problem for the poor Squire.

Alchemist and Pardoner also pay 50% tax

Agree, we spend 50~100k to enhance items, this can hold the inflation by itself, doesn’t need 50% tax at all.

See this post above.

I don’t play any of the crafting classes nor do I ever intend to. Yet I can still see both sides of the problem - silver sink vs defeating the whole point of making merchant type classes in the first place (which are hella painful to make btw)

It’s really a no brainer that a FIFTY percent tax is unreasonable as hell. I don’t see a problem with adjusting it to something that makes actual sense like 20% or so.

But I do think the RMT argument is sensible - maybe people should implement a limit like only one purchase every half an hour or some creative solution that doesn’t involve tax.

Question, since I’m a scrublord when it comes to classes I haven’t played.

Are you able to set the price of your repair/awakening/buffs to be anything you choose? Or does the game cap you at a certain price?

If you are allowed to set any price at all then I agree with the 50% tax wholeheartedly. Because it may be the next route RMT will go to very easily transfer silver between characters as well as buyers. The tax means they lose half the silver they would be selling.

If you are capped at your prices to low/reasonable amounts then I still feel it is something that has potential to be exploited and somewhat agree it should stay until further measures are taken, then it can be lowered or abolished. Pardoner buyer sets price, seller buys 500 buffs until value is reached. Here the 50% tax still takes half of the seller’s stock.

Although I feel IMC has been doing it incorrectly. They’re so focused on how to stop RMT from using their silver after they’ve hoarded it rather than preventing them from getting the silver in the first place (i.e. very strict botting regulations and checks)

1 Like

20% tax is much more reasonable… MUCHHHH more reasonable. Yeah I never use repair services from other players cause it’s so much cheaper to just walk to the blacksmith npc.

I don’t think 50% is necessary. Currently, you can transfer silver at a 10% tax rate (most RMTers will have the sense to get a token on their silver hoarder account). Any tax rate closer to 20% would be fair and still disincentivize the RMTer (0-10% would make them prefer to use this method to transfer silver)

2 Likes

Valid point xD

I just worry about the “next steps” that RMT will be ready to take if, as suggested by OP, the taxes were reduced to 10% for the service (especially if market later becomes a less reliable way for them to transfer funds).

Once reporting goes into effect the market already stands to be a bigger hurdle to RMT since transferring funds takes 48hrs (+30m-2h listing time). If a bot is reported and quickly dealt with then they will be losing funds and be looking for other reasonable options. And I definitely see player vendor services as a much quicker and more reliable means to transfer currency. A reasonable tax stands to possibly make it even more favorable than the Market’s 48hr delay.

squire c1 = tax 50%
squire c2 = tax 40%
squire c3 = tax 30%

6 Likes