Tree of Savior Forum

Sadhu Buff Suggestions

ok we all know sadhu is in a very… sad… state right now.
so i have ideas to buff it

1. buff damage
    you can buff the base damage by a tiny bit (10-50%) but add a attribute that gives you a 10% chance to root the enemy for 3 seconds (root=freeze in place) per attribute level, max level is 3.
    2.buff attack speed
    rebuff attack speed, no explanation, oob is already hard to aim as it is

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J @STAFF_Shawn

post your ideas on how to rebuff sadhu below,hopefully staff read this and change sadhu, a preist with sacrament and blessing do more damage than us ( not exxageraing)

Just Counted: Need 13 oob hits just to kill a monster 4 levels before me

increase damage and also increase range of oob attack,

6 Likes

Good , Point 2 is crucial. +1 man

bump

/20characterssdcdfsd

What is your build? I’m lvling a Cleric2 Krivis2 in a way to sadhu.

I’d love to hear something from STAFF/Devs about Sadhu buff! @Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_J @STAFF_Shawn

3 Likes

cleric2>bokor>sadhu (im here) >sadhu2>druid>plague doctor

if youre only going for c1 sadhu, i reccoment just changing your build now, if you want sadhu u have to go to c2 or take sadhu out of your build. oob is just too bad right now to go sadhu. reason i say go c2 is cuz if you REALLY want sadhu on ur build, u need to go c2 bcuz possesion(only good sadhu skill rat the monent) if u only go c1, its a loss, going bokor would be better.

1 Like

That or just Fix the huge delay between each attack animation that makes you stuck in place and the Very big delay on Possession b4 the actual dmg happen after using it. Oh and the Bug that make you stuck in place after Astral explosion.
Or make the attack range bigger or wider (+aoe dmg?)
Overall a dmg boost is in order like OP mentioned.
Atm you absolutly have to use arde Dagger to be able to do subpar dmg and even with it, it still take alot of hits just to kill a mob.

Also found a bug that cause my OOB dmg to drop by at least 150 (exemple am doing normal ~3x350 & after ~3x200) it happened when i was in dungeon with a Dievdirbys and one of his many Statues + maybe a priest buff. i was stuck with that debuff on my dmg until the end of the dungeon run.

Not sure if other Sadhu player have noticed that. And no it not the mob resistance i’v dun that dung enough time to know how much dmg i do on them.

2 Likes

yeah the attack aoe damage ncrease is a good idea, adding it to post

They should amplify the attack speed like it was before, it was pretty fun - they could easily just take away the damage in its place. The animation needs a fix in general, it’s difficult to understand the hitbox of it.

I do not know if IMC(staff) read this: / 3 days without response

only been 1 day, we can re link their names if it works…

I currently just played sadhu a couple of nights and feel that the oob auto attack is very slow and and hard to aim. I might need some more practice but this is what I feel so far. I notice fade works MARVELOUSLY with oob i was thinking circle 3 cleric would be nice.

oob explosion takes a while to trigger and I really wish it happens automatically when you recall you spirit but I understand the uses of not blasting everything when you recall ur spirit but I wish it triggers faster. this might be unique for me though.

http://toswiki.treeofsaviorgame.com/skill/ectoplasm_attack
this skill really messes with me
why would it be circle 0 and how do you level this skill?
I know this is passive but I has level so how does it level up?
Its not investable by skill points or by attribute purchase
do note that it is not the enhance ectoplasm attack passive.

I believe that there is so much mystery with OOB but I wish they clarify it some more because it helps people plan and this is a game that does require dedication… being a fan of this class’s idea is kinda hard if there are so many secrets around it.

so far wht I know is OOB benefits from location buffs it goes through but carries one at a time BUT i dont know which stacks.

I want the attack speed back too but I’d appreciate documentation more since I do appreciate balance

I never planned to post here in the forum, but with the current state of Sadhu, I just seriously had to.
Sadhu is basically the only way INT-based Clerics can auto attack with high damage. I loved the class during the iCBT (and even now I’m still planning to get it). And I’m getting it in hopes of IMC buffing it again.

Out of Body (OOB)
(1) Return the speed and damage(was this also nerfed?) of OOB attack to how it was during the iCBT. During iCBT, attacking monsters is already difficult enough because they run away from you. That’s why Attack speed is absolutely important.
(2) I’m not sure about the reason why IMC nerfed the class in the first place. Was it too OP because of it’s speed and damage? If this was the case then they can always go a different approach.
(2a) Instead of the current nerf, how about adding a cost to using the skill? Similar to Psychokino’s Psychic Pressure, add SP(or maybe STA) consumption for every attack.
(2b) If not a cost, how about limiting the character’s actions? Make all skills unusable while in OOB (except for Astral Body Explosion and Prakriti of course)? Inb4, yeah you won’t be able to cast Safety Wall or Fade while in OOB. Not really a big problem though. Just cast it while not in OOB and then go OOB after.

I’ll edit this if I come up with more ideas/suggestions.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan, for the love of god please return Sadhu’s state to how it was in iCBT (and instead consider option 2a or 2b). Don’t make us regret choosing the class we love. Thanks and more power to your team!

2 Likes

I AGREE
have too low an attack speed makes controlling hard. someone also brought this up. I think maybe they can just tweak the damage instead and keep the speed. It gives easy control and does not affect the overall dps that much.
my point here is user experience when playing the character

I love the idea of sadhu. the current state is challenging to say the least. So my only suggestion is buff the speed for usability
if the damage output is too much… tweak the damage not usability.

the other thing about sadhu is that the buffs from the current state may even be placed on circle 2 or 3 or even with the levels of the “out of body” skill
because as it is now there is no COMPELLING benefit to going circle 3 sadhu. oob which felt central somehow became a ineffective nice to have skill kept at lvl 1. I believe providing a reason to boost a skill creates the necessity to give it levels otherwise just make it like Prakriti which only has 1 level.

I believe the designers originally made the attack speed that way for UX issues. positioning and attacking is hard. even the 3 hits thing could be reduced just make it single fast jabs so that it matches the mobility of the spirit. it just feels wonky right now. please consider.

Best regards,

1 Like

plz check this, we love sadhu !!

They answered me

Hello @rmatiasg,

Balancing is always an issue for any MMORPG. We will most definitely look into balancing issues as well, but we are currently trying to focus on stabilization so that more people can enjoy the game.

2 Likes

Makes sense, balancing should not be a priority right now

1 Like

It’s good to hear something from ADMs… but I’m sad, seeing so many problems regards server stabilization I just can think that it will take ages for us to see some rework or buff to Saddhu!

bump