Tree of Savior Forum

Sadhu Buff Suggestions

Yeah their is a bug after using astral body explosion, you will be stuck on the same place. Annoying :triumph::triumph::triumph:r:ā€¦ Animation is too slow and damage too poorā€¦ Now im regretting sadhu path., :sob::sob::sob:

(2a) Instead of the current nerf, how about adding a cost to using the skill? Similar to Psychokinoā€™s Psychic Pressure, add SP(or maybe STA) consumption for every attack.
(2b) If not a cost, how about limiting the characterā€™s actions?
Make all skills unusable while in OOB (except for Astral Body Explosion
and Prakriti of course)? Inb4, yeah you wonā€™t be able to cast Safety
Wall or Fade while in OOB. Not really a big problem though. Just cast it
while not in OOB and then go OOB after.

I completely disagree with this. Both your suggestions would break the class reallly really hard.
This would break every sadhu already made since investing point in SPR is currently useless. The only reason you can stay in OOB is your ability to protect your body with your ā€˜bodyā€™ spells. (Like Zaibas and Protect zone)

As for the attack speed, all I see if people complaning the class is too hard to play. Just learn to aim, chase the target and move between each hits. It is really not that hard.

I have not played the Closed beta Sadhu, but Iā€™m around lvl 110 right now and the clear speed is super good both on bosses and to farm. I donā€™t really see any problems here. Cleric 1, Krivis 2 Sadhu 1

3 Likes

I definitely agree with @alex25000, although I think the hitbox is kind of tiny on the OoB AA. That combined with the fact that I kind of feel stuck in place when I attack (more so than with other classes), can make it hard to stutter step properly.

I also think that being able to cast spells with oob is CRITICAL. It makes the character fun.

TBH, I would like for OOB to have the same attack range as 1h swords and allow us to attack while jumpingā€¦ Thatā€™s really all I need cuz the attack range is abysmal and being stuck in place for a melee attack is horrid. The attack speed and damage is fine, OOB isnā€™t supposed to replace damaging spells for no cost and 2x the range. Especially with the copious amounts of invincibility skills clerics can get.

A root would be too strong, if anything, I would like the attribute that reduces physical defense to be changed to reduce magic defense, but I believe that that would make sadhu too strong in conjunction with any sort of OOB buff.

I think double the attack speed, half the damage and for it to be an aoe around the spirit instead of where itā€™s facing, so i can just chuck my OOB on an enemy and know itā€™ll hit.

but really if anything i just want to see a string of numbers. make it satisfying being able to hit with the OOB

Yes, I agree. Out of Body has problems with targeting. Enemies walk around when we attack with OoB while using fadeā€¦ increasing the attack speed (and in turn maybe lower the damageā€¦but I wouldnt welcome it :P) would be a Quality of Life change. I really hope something will be done in this field. And I also agree that Out of Body could need SOME attributeā€¦ maybe something we could toggle. Oh, and Vashita Siddhi does not work on flying mobsā€¦which sucks and is not mentioned in the descriptionā€¦please fix that too.

1 Like

I hope with a Joystick Controller having less of this problems. However I donā€™t agree with the need of attack speed.

I found pretty good the Sadhu. Stop linking staff for thrash topics PLS

@tyler.j.moor You are always complaining about Sadhu, stop playing right now and do something else. It is anoying.

this post was from last week. if you dont like it, dont click on these topics :slight_smile:

n one of your posts a dev said he will look at sadhu, so we may be gettign a patch on abe, and oob attack speed

After thinking about it some more, there are some other things that I think are kind of weird about OoB. Like. Why canā€™t I jump? In the level 90 dungeon thereā€™s an area where your spirit will get stuck, because you have to jump over a fallen group of pillars. Itā€™s obnoxious. Also, the fact that you canā€™t cancel OoB if you get silenced seems like more of a design oversight than an intentional feature? Like. I canā€™t move my body, I canā€™t attack, I canā€™t cast anything. So I guess Iā€™ll just sit here and hope I donā€™t die.

my only concern for oob is the attack speed delay Q_Q

Itā€™s Sr. Same with being frozen (and petrified?). You canā€™t even attack with your spirit thenā€¦but u can still moveā€¦ Which is pretty nice balancing actually. Itā€™s a good counter against OoB Sadhu on Safety Zone :smiley:

Something needs to be done to OOB so that it feels less clunky and unresponsive. Whether thatā€™s allowing us to move while attacking, letting us jump in OOB and attack while jumping, or making the attacks aoe so that theyā€™re easier to hit.

Possession cast time is also extremely obnoxious. In what world do you need a 1 second cast time for a channeled skillā€¦ Although all cleric class cast time are terrible and you canā€™t animation cancel them like wizard skills, but thatā€™s for another time.

3 Likes

Possession dammage is really REALLY REALLLLLY high. It has to have some drawback. The monsters cannot do anything while under the influence of it. Just have to learn how to land it properly.

I mean im lvl 150 and I can clear solo a whole mobtrain of the lvl 145 dungeon with a single cast of possession if a tank stands there and stops the not possessed monster to move.

In the Siaulis mission, it ticks for around 2k5 on the bear boss. I can kill it faster than the 4 other members of my group can deal with the blue bossā€¦

In pvp, landing this skills (which is pretty damn hard I agree) basically means oneshooting the other player.

What more do you want?

ANd I donā€™t think the OOB attack speed needs a buff neither. Having a slightly bigger hit box would be welcome though. It is really hard to hit anything moving fast. (Like a cataphract using the movespeed buff for example.)

1 Like

is sadhu 3 mandatory or sadhu 2 then druid/pd good enough?

Sadhu 3 is good. Sadhu 2 > Druid 2 is also good.

Possession is also the only skill out of the entire Sadhu kit that deals decent sustained damage since OOB auto attacks are extremely weak and are only used as a filler.

Possession does not go through bloodletting and is removable by dispeller. There are many aoe disables in this game that do more damage than possession, are ranged, hits more targets, are not removable by dispeller and have shorter cast time. Those aoe disables also come with a better kit than sadhu due to having better prior classes.

If you want examples: Cryo (all their skills basically), Cata (pretty much all their skills are knockbacks), Psychokino (PP, Gravity Pole, Raise), any mage class due to sleep, any warrior with restrain. Naturally, many of these can be removed with dispeller and blocked with blood letting, but possession is the same.

Also, pvp is not a 1v1 affair, possession is easy to interrupt even with safety zone and Sterea Trofh. Also nobody with a brain will ever get hit by out of body auto attacks. Even in 1v1, there are many ccs that can result in someone dying before it ends that are far easier to land.

Also your mission example is definitely an over exaggeration and purely situational. Although if your team is bad enough many classes: a good necromancer, wugushi, or fletcher can do the exact same thing. They also donā€™t have 100% bonus damage due to the bear being weak to holy. They can also solo missions much easier than a Sadhu ever will.

P.S. all skills are easy to land in pve, even meteor and rune caster skills.

P.P.S. Any class with cc can 100-0 with a single cc landing in 1v1. Thatā€™s literally why 1v1 is not balanced.

How about changing Transmit Prana? make it more like a cross between the Thaumarturgeā€™s Transpose and a reverse Vashita Siddhi. You give up a portion of your Int to buff your allies stats by that much(or a portion). alot of people are focusing on the attack aspect of the Sadhu but in game itā€™s describe as a mix of attack and support. i think the support aspect needs a major buff too.

2 Likes

It would be awesome if youā€™re sadhu skills dont cancel your oob.
and it would be better if you have a way to cast skills from your spirit

1 Like