Tree of Savior Forum

[SA] Sillute new relocation and why I'm afraid of it

IMC just announced that they will be relocating the SA server again to North America.

The lag and server issues are just very unfortunate but I’m not sure if i like that solution, even tough they said it’s only “temporary”.

I don’t like that solution first because It means at least another day off to relocate the server, but that’s minor. My main concern is that It happened pretty much like that on WoW and the brazilian community. First there was a lot of preassure from part of the NA community to “cast away” the BR/SA community for similar reasons ppl did in this forum, being a great deal of those reasons based on prejudice and ignorance, but let’s move on. Blizz than made their move and eventually expanded to SA, translated the whole game on the process and hold their servers on brazilian’s soil. After some similiar connection issues and in-game issues (not big enough community to stand on its own, relative to dungeon/queue system on WoW) the server’s where realocated to NA, and guess what, never came back. Eventually blizz take back her previous announcement and said that the server would never come back to SA soil.

The thing is that is much more confortable for IMC or any company to hold their servers on NA, if they relocate us again I’m afraid the same thing could happen, after some attempts they could just leve us on an NA server.

If the server remains on SA soil i believe IMC would be under much more preassure community-wise to fix the problems and we would not take the risk of never get a proper ping. That’s just an opnion, I’m open to be convinced otherwise.

16 Likes

Wow really people never stop complaining about everything

Brazil amazon rules are different to na amazon that’s why they did the relocation thing. Now, they clearly said that they are looking for options/new host

4 Likes

very constructive comment =p

edt–
Yeah I read their post aswell. I’m just not so found of this practice. It’s a very open statment, basically if they can’t fix the problem or It’s just too hard/not worth they could just leave us there, I really hope it doesn’t happen that way But i can’t help to see this possibility based on my previous experience with MMO’s, that’s what this post is about.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

6 Likes

I’m no expert on this net matter, but there are other games that I play with much larger communities like HoTs (Heroes of the Storm, Blizzard) and League that are based on SA soil. But again I’m no pro, maybe those games/companies got something going IMC can’t afford.

6 Likes

And for blizzard, every their games work just fine in Brazil. HOTS, Hearthstone, Diablo III, even the new overwatch (that had a little problem but now it’s gone).

Stop just blamming SA because those problems.

The real problem here was Amazon…

8 Likes

Do you know what servers blizz uses? Their own maybe?

Are you sure about that, pal? Valve have servers in São Paulo and they can handle the job pretty well. DotA 2 and CS:GO have big communities in South America, and servers are not as laggy as these Amazon’s ones. And there are the League of Legends’ servers as well.

“Oh, but you are talking about a big company such as Valve!” Ok, then it is not a problem of infrastructure in Brazilian servers, but Amazon’s servers aren’t cut out for the job. By the way, IMC can’t be blamed about that, it is not their fault Amazon’s servers aren’t as good as they thought.

3 Likes

Find a Host, that work well, here in Brazil, is a hard task.
All the games, the bests games, of SA region have yours servers hosted in São Paulo. However, It costs a lot of investiment and paciente until find a company that do a nice and capably service.
IMC can do a great SA server, hosted in São Paulo, but they should be willing to pay a good amout for this service.

1 Like

I have the same opinion, OP

I dont think they will put us back on a SA server…

And if that happens, I want to go back to orsha

5 Likes

é mlkada, bora pra lug.

3 Likes

It won’t go back to SA, there’s no point in playing there now.
Waste of time on my character with less than 2 hours daily available time to play.

I personally would really love to know who exactly the SA/BR community wants their host to be because you people seemingly want nobody. And this is something I will come to IMC’s defense because I honestly really feel a lot of the issue with server lag is from sheer volume on your part and the other their bad coding. Telling me “any” host has a problem is a problem on your end because then nobody is going make you happy. You all could have had a publisher but instead literally are causing a complete halt in the development of the game if you believe what the guy was saying.

And then explain to me how much it’s going to cost because you’re already basically paying half the price of any other country for a pack since your currency is worth less than others. Poor servers, poor people, is the problem exactly IMC here? Or can beggars be choosers?

https://www.change.org/p/imc-games-forbid-level-up-games-to-launch-tree-of-savior-in-brazil-south-america-proibir-a-level-up-games-de-lançar-tree-of-savior-no-brasil-américa-latina-2

I’m going to leave this link here.

I personally didn’t like this notice, IMC have to find solutions for the better not for the worst… temporary means how much? 1 day one year? I am start considering stop playing this game.

4 Likes

flagged

Post must be at least 20 characters

I could’nt understand everything you said, but I will try to answer inside my capabilities. First of all, I can’t talk for the entire SA community. You must agree with me, that’s a lot of people.

I don’t now how much it cost to host a good enough server in São Paulo, I got no clue, seriously. What I know is that other companies have done it, and succeed while doing so. I also don’t know which are those good enough server, what I do know is they exist, because other companies have found them.

And we indeed pay, in comparison with your currency, less for the same product. I don’t want to generate an economy debate here, but that’s a very common practice around the world, since different markets got different demans and so on. Remember that we also work same amount of hours that you work for less value (comparatively) and so on. Because those and other reasons the pricing is different.

We are not beggars, pardon me. We are customers, I’m a customer. What do you think? That IMC would open servers all around the world if even with diferent pricing they could’nt profit? The other side of the pricing is that if It’s not competitive on some region it will not sell, because not the entire world earn on dollar.

Now that’s a interesting discussion. Its possible that with the current pricing/cost IMC doesn’t find profitable or worth enough to invest on better servers on the SA region, who knows? But if that’s true than I got all the reasons to be afraid and unhappy, since I was led to believe that I would indeed be able to play on a server set on SA soil, with proper ping.

8 Likes

I was already on the edge with all those Lag/Bug issues and now this? Wow … i really love this game but i don’t know if i can handle all that irresponsibility with the game community … From now on i’m logging in, doing dailies, and logging off.

1 Like

Why should it be a bad thing ?

I mean you do change mobile phone/tv/internet company when you see a better service/price elsewhere, no ?

It’s the same here.
Brazil Amazon offered IMC a bad service, so IMC is trying to change host but meanwhile they transfer you in a better place to wait until they found someone better.

I don’t see where is the problem here.

Indeed if things go as “planned” or “announced” I will be very happy. The thing is I’ve seen such moves before on other occasions and that makes me feel unease. And as you can see by the thread I’m not the only one.

You can flag the post but it’s a serious issue that the SA community can’t even figure out themselves let alone IMC. I’m trying to figure it out myself of what would make people happy and help progress this game. When everyone comes and tells me that -no- server in SA can support your community and you just want to put the load on other servers where is the solution here seriously?