Tree of Savior Forum

[SA] Sillute new relocation and why I'm afraid of it

Can’t you guys be a little less confusing, please? I’m a SA player as well and I saw this notice with great enthusiasm since I know I will be able to play without getting weird DCs while switching maps or channels.

They made it clear: It will be a temporary realocation. Why all this negative speach?

We demanded IMC to do something and they are doing it. Now isn’t the time to keep saying bad stuff since they are TRYING to fix the issues. How about showing a little bit of support, hm? Cause geez, I would not blame IMC if they decided to close the SA server thanks to all this negative feedback.(Do notice that I’m not saying they don’t deserve criticism about the problems but so far SA players are limited to that. God, at least try to notice the attempts to fix things up, folks.)

1 Like

to have stayed in orsha seems to be my best decission so far xD

I don’t think I’m understanding what you mean… What do you mean by “SA community can’t even figure themselves let alone IMC”? Are you talking about the lvlup company? That’s just a bad company that got the rights to distribute ragnarok in Brazil, long, long time ago. Because a great deal of the ToS brazilian community got a real bad experience with this company (since a lot of ToS players are former rag players) some people were relived that It would not be the same company. That’s all, I don’t see were a bad company translate on how “we can’t even figure out ourselves”.

I prefer a local solution than an NA solution because of a real simple deal: ping. How many games have you played with 300+ ms? It can be a real pain you know. Once IMC announced that they would split servers a lot of people got real excited that they would finally have a more smooth game experience. And now people are frustrated that IMC couldn’t “find” a local solution and is relocating the server (again). With no set date to put it back on SA soil. And I came here to voice my concerns and the possibility that we may never come back to SA soil. Sounds pretty simple to me.

2 Likes

That’s what I mean that people are already complaining about your local servers being bad. What host company in your country is going to be good enough to handle the stress of all your people? I’m really curious and not trying to be offensive at all and when you look at it like a house having to pay rent every month I’m under the personal impression that the SA community is taking up more space while paying less rent.

If that makes any sense. Because servers do cost money for hosting along with the money they have to pay migrating data or physical hardware.

Yeah I agree with you, maybe I’m being very negative. It’s just hard for me, MMO’s companies have BS me so many times I think I just developed some trauma LOL. Let’s wait and see, I hope my assumptions are completely wrong.

20chars/

1 Like

I believe some of your questions has already been answered

1 Like

Move me back to Klaipeda plz

It’s the truth and why the guy just came out and made a statement. iCBT2 they made announcements like they were going to start IP blocking SA since they had their own publisher. Then by the community out cries it never happened so we dealt with the worst lag ever because their servers can’t handle the load AND bad coding back ends on IMC’s part.

So they basically just put out these ridiculous packs and expect us to pay more to handle server migrations and upkeeps. I’m actually under this impression right now because it makes the most logical sense. I don’t mind the SA community at all personally but this is the major problem here.

Your fears are correct that literally IMC doesn’t have the money or means to provide you with what you want. That’s what I’m saying right now because it seems to be the truth especially when everyone is saying things like all your servers are bad and then the blantant cash grabbing on IMC’s part for more money.

Well you made a lot of assumptions, I’m not sure how correlated the server expansions and the actual packs pricings are. And even tough I believe that maintaining a good SA server might be more expensive than doing the same on NA I’m also not that sure that it is THAT much more expensive. I’m also not sure how costly it is to open and maintain new servers around the world. We should remember that IMC is just opening servers and paying hosts. They are not translating the game and hiring local support staff or anything(At least not that I’m aware off). I believe those kind os cost (development/staff) outweighs by a lot the “suposed expensive SA host”.

Well, we can basically throw our Quarrel Shooters and Monks into the trash along with all the ping reliant classes that we were able to play on SA server.

Seriously, was Amazon the best hosting provider for the South America server? I’m still not sure if Hostgator or UOL host were less capable of providing infrastructure for your servers, IMC. Amazon is a really reliable service provider if we are talking about standard stuff like website hosting and some basic anti-DDoS solution (aka Cloud Security), but it’s really expensive and they are prone to not offering support for small companies or the gaming industry.

You guys should’ve tried to contact other local hosting companies before taking the decision. I’m not sure if a third party DDoS solution would take care of your problems, but it should be much less invasive than transfering the SA server location. You guys could have even done a partial transfer to test if things were going to be ok with a new service provider…

Man, I think you guys are biting your own butt for doing something so harsh without explaining everything about what is going on with the Amazon BR support and the other local web hosting companies.

Was that just a big facade to give some space for LU!G to make their own server?

5 Likes

CLOSE THE BORDERS FOR F2P
BUILD A WALL AND MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT

Seriously, I wouldn’t mind another 24h maintenance if it’s to keep the SA server for founders only.

2 Likes

Just to you know… In Brazil, blizzard uses Amazon servers…
And even so, they had some problems. The difference is that blizzard works in brazil (they have an office here) and is a REALLY big company, so they can get around some problems.
That’s why softlayer would be a better choice to IMC. They started 1-2 years ago here in Brazil and they have a clean and nice support with US companies, even those small ones (GGG with Path of Exile shows that).
Amazon Brazil, even being american, is an extra cabinet here in Brazil. So, it’s harder to deal with them.

No one will have “their” own host server lol… It isn’t profitable.

1 Like

In case that it works, the new SA server has stability, IMC going to able the Team transfer? I’m in SA but I’m playing on it because lag factors, but I like the access of a good server with the respective benefices of SA (Prices, principally)

Hope get some news about this and game feedbacks.

I’m gonna be honest here, I hate that there are still so many Brazilians on the Kleipeda server. Fixing their server should be #1 priority, then somehow getting most of them to move to the SA server from the NA servers (promise of low ping?).

You can call me a racist, but playing with people that can’t speak my language makes the game feel a lot smaller to me. It’s like playing with bots.

I don’t want them out because I’m “racist”, I want them out because MMOs are about community, especially a RO spinoff like this one. If they come back to Kleipeda in force now that their server is moved, I may have to quit the game. Even since the SA server was released, about half the people I encounter are Brazilian, and it’s terrible. The english most of them know are just insults and nothing else.

Hate me if you want, I just wish every game would put a region block just for communication purposes. I stopped playing DotA-Allstars, HoN, CS:GO, DOTA 2 and many other games because how many non-english people played those games. People wonder why LoL is so much more popular than DOTA 2, when you queue up in NA you almost ALWAYS get NA people that speak fluent English.

3 Likes

The better solution now? move us back to Orsha (me in case) and Klaiped ( for who is from it) and delete this damm SA server.

There, outside, is your “community” that will say yes for Trump.

1 - This isn’t a RO spinoff. Just the “community” said that.
2 - Because some people don’t speak your language, it isn’t like play with bots… You’re a small minded person to think like that and can’t see the real problems with that, sorry.
3 - Region block for “communication purpose” isn’t the solution. That will just make your game looks dead. I can remember all those guys from Klaipeda crying for a merge because their server were empty EVEN before the release (And they were american guys that seemed incapable of read their own language since they cried about server empty in a pre-oder access).
4 - You will be right if say that would be right to be a BANNABLE behavior to speak in ANY language that not english in NA servers. This forum is a enlighs forum, and just because that me (and many others) try to speak in english. B&S JP banned a lot of americans that couldn’t speak japanese… With this, you can shut the cry of americans and let the others still speak their own language when in private.

5 Likes

I would say yes to a wall in this game (region blocks).

Every game that I’ve played where everyone speaks completely fluent English has been infinitely more enjoyable. Just because you can speak okay English doesn’t mean most of your brethren don’t only know insults in English.

It’s a logical assumption to be honest when even after having a transfer to a local server block in your country it still lags. I’m sure them migrating data is going to cost them a pretty penny which came out in form of thinly vieled supporter packs which are over priced grossly. There’s tons of threads about the DLC packs and their world wide pricing after they made the things regional based if you want mathmatical explanations.

This is actually all due to their complete ignorance during iCBT2 towards the server issues and their coding. You really can’t expect to shove 100,000 people into 2-5 servers when your back end on the servers is so suboptimal it can hardly support 1,000 people effectively.

Now we are stuck with this mess where they’ve bought hosting in SA, but it’s not good enough and going to cost them even more to migrate. Then nobody is even sure if that’s still going to be good enough and everyone will be unhappy with IMC in more debt.

They should simply erase the bra server and put it on a good place where IT is not retarded