Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

No, you will stick to Rune Caster with your Elementalist, which will provide both Surespell and Quickcast via Rune of Protection + attribute.

either way, that gives just as little build diversity. i thought the entire point of this update was to increase diversity? if quick cast had remained in the wizard class so that all builds would have it by default, then it would open up an entire class choice.

It’s still in the wizzard tree for quickcast. But it’s now a chronomancer spell. :wink:

yes that’s what i said

Unfortunately not… :frowning:
As I see it, these changes will force people to play even more meta builds, as everything (stats, skills) will guide you towards the same builds. The entire point of this update is to attract new players which have zero bias towards builds and speed up the process of leveling up to the endgame.

@draconis yep :frowning: the truth of this is becoming painfully clear. it really is a disaster - the class system and freedom in ToS is literally the ONLY THING the game had going for it. if they’re gonna take away stat allocation and guide everyone in a singular direction then i might as well play FFXIV or something (at least that game has decent boss fights) :confused:

Just fix the engine, make it smooth like MS2 but hold the art. Expand versatility in fashion and other lores. Then worry about the other mechanics. Just change the priorities.

I’ve played an elementalist without quick cast before it isn’t terrible. Given how cooldowns work it doesn’t actually decrease your DPS at all, it is just makes your damage less bursty.

Sure Spell is much more important than quick cast for elementalist

Quick cast is a party buff, just get one of your rune caster magic-booster slaves to cast it for your elementalist. Also you don’t even have to pick elementalist anymore, assuming IMC can really make the other classes decent DPS picks as well.

EDIT: Might not be a party buff currently, I forgot. But if they’re gonna put it on chrono it will probably be a party buff

I’ll just hold my judgment until I can play and test all these changes

these are huge changes, it might as well just be Tree of Savior 2

I’m not worried tho, I’m actually very happy with a lot of changes coming, I believe is for the best, also you can’t start pointing builds and problems with skills and stuff like that when you are comparing them to the game right now, everything is going to change, let’s all save or worries for after the changes so we can all be angry together

I hope they change the Linker costume and links to something more manly, like make the links color black so it doesn’t look like a scrub…

I mean Scout always looked like a punk so…

I agree 100% with the new system that IMC team want to bring to tree of savior.
People here are crying about stats distribution, but we never get this free of customization stats after all. Its only an illusion! Example, if you go sorcerer, you must go full spr, If you go archer you should go full str, and so on… there is not a custom distribution actually that focus at 3 or more stats. Its always the same, go full spr, full int, full dex, etc! An automated system masked with a freedom of choice. So if IMC wanna make it auto stats now, its better for me becouse i dont have to waste my time just clicking on full int,spr,dex,etc.

1 Like

@STAFF_Bob we are aware of the korean posts of this week… can we expect to meet the new classes, teased there, during this Re:Build patch? Or they will be implemented later, after this patch?

:satisfaction:

1 Like

Ragnarok Online ran that illusion well over 10 years and it was pretty successful that way, because most stats had some meaning in one way or another.
Even as a Knight, getting INT would boost your SP recovery and max SP, and a Sage would take some STR to help with weight limit to carry more potions/gemstones.

In TOS, which only has 5 stats (RO has 6 in total), only 4 were useful and now it decreased to 3 stats being useful. That’s a huge loss.
Imagine you could still gain more SP and SP regeneration via SPR on gear after the changes as Archer or Swordsman.
Now you always need to opt for 3 green stats + 1 purple stat on random gears unless you want to waste stats for nothing. And 4-5 green stat options on two-handed weapons is no longer a good roll.

I agree that the automatic stat allocation has its benefits if the system is well done, but this system is pretty bad. Most Classes just have marginal differences in stat modifiers (except Clerics), which creates an illusion of diversity, but in fact it just siphons power away from non-stat meta builds so that the new meta will become more powerful.

This means if you choose by Class preference, there’s a huge chance you’ll be weaker on average than the meta. Of course, this difference is not that large (especially for summoners), but it will still leave its marks.

Meanwhile, if you choose by stat modifiers, you may not be happy with the playstyle of the build.

This doesn’t mean the previous system was way better, but that it could’ve been better if every stat became useful in one way or another. But then I guess every modifier would be spread out like the Clerics and build options would be pretty crazy when following those stat options.

I just hope these bonus percentage modifiers on stats only affect physical/magic/critical attack gained by level up base stats and not by weapon&armor, otherwise the difference could be astronomically high.

1 Like

Just to clarify. Ragnarok online stat system was WAY better than ToS one in every way possible. It was also heavily supported by the world being relatively horizontal and diverse; and also with weapon/cards system. You still had meta-builds, but that’s kinda inevitable. ToS didn’t ever had as much as a shadow of RO statbuilding.

Basically I agree that the way the stat system is, they’d better remove it at all. Since it is really weak, and it felt weaker with each update.
Of course, it would be better to improve it, but…

Just to mention, I’d say that SKILL-building of ToS, while having a lot of flaws, was a lot of fun and definitely had potential. I just hope they won’t ruin it completely.

2 Likes

Given they took away a lot of fun and basic necessities from some Classes, it can’t be that good anymore.
I’m already quivering to see the new overheats, CD times, SP costs and skill factors, and worst of all, the mainly increased attribute point costs.

It’s ok to have some changes, but to go from e.g. Cleric 3 to Cleric 1 with most of your most-utilized skills being taken away or deleted, that’s a sad perspective.
I can live without Safety Zone, but Divine Might will be a hard hit.
The same if Heal will no longer be tile-based and probably not even deal damage anymore <_<

Cleric is left with exactly the skills you don’t use often(aside of Heal);
Fade, Guardian Saint, Cure.

If you are saying that because of the skill gems removal, then you should consider that buffs might not have access to skill gems anymore. They might not be deleted, only their gems removed. I know we know Running Shot will be deleted, but this is one is clearly said, even showing the Masinios xbow situation.

The others ones are not clear (as far as I remember). The damage skills might be removed, but I think buffs/support skills might have this situation implied. And I’m hoping for it.

I just imagined a shinobi throwing pink lines at enemies and I just can’t stop laughing.

Divine Might gets a new gem,though, so it will be most likely shifted to another Class in the Cleric tree aside of Cleric.

If it’s Priest I will cry in agony <_<

1 Like

Exactly…:scream:

Even their costume is just a stolen female psychokino costume they butchered for themselves…

Only reason am going Corsair on my future build (for now) is cause of how little Linker matches with everything else there D:

Ironic isn’t it. . . :tired: