Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

I’ll echo what others said, with the information provided it seems like all major improvements.

The only thing I’m sceptical of is the stat allocation, but I’m definitely willing to hold out on outright disagreement until after more information comes out.

MMOs are complex, it’ll come down to how all the systems integrate and it could turn out to be a positive change.

6 Likes

automated stats build is a bad ideal, it may cause re build all of char items, im alr running out of silver. need reduce amount of bless shard enchance weapon

I’m mostly worried about the swordsman and archer tree which already has heavy restrictions in combing classes due to unnecessary weapon and mount requirements. I can’t come up with many different new builds with the rebuild system with the way the way things are now which will lead to frustration among the playerbase.

The wizard and Cleric classes have much more freedom in this regard.

1 Like

@lastea yep it’s a proper concern. they really, really need to remove most (but not all) weapon restrictions on skills if they’re gonna pull this off. otherwise archer and swordsman classes won’t have any more diversity than they already do. also remember that they’re making a new class tree, of which some existing classes will probably be reworked and moved to. if it’s a thief class tree, then i can see them reworking scout, rogue, and piper and putting them there, which gives even less diversity for archers.

dude look at the stat builds every build does for pve, your full str/spr/int and if your doing pvp then your full con. If you need 150 dex for some build you get it through gear. So your diversity in stat allocation is an illusion of choice.

5 Likes

am full CON Cleric and I never PVP with it :confused:

My wiz is one full INT and other full SPR…

is this update nov 2018 english version or only korea server?

The [Re:Build] update is currently in the process of being tested internally with the goal of being released mid-November for kTOS.

2 Likes

I, honestly, love this idea. I can see how much freedom we would have to pick our classes and we could do random stuff like the fire and ice wizard or peltasta/barbarian and other combinations.

I’m hoping it becomes a huge success.

I’m mostly wondering about how they will rework the entire attribute system. I have a feeling many people who have heavily invested are going to feel ripped off in the end with whatever this “attribute extraction system” is.

I really like most of these changes and can totally understand why they are needed

but I have a problem with 3 of these

1. please do not get rid of class circles, that is literally removing player choice which is the opposite of the goal for the rest of changes

2. a maximum of 4 class choices, again this is just removing variety from the game and giving players fewer choices

3. what about the hidden classes, those only have 15 levels, are those gonna get reworked?

also I can totally understand the decision of automated stats, I mean there isn’t much of a choice there anyway, when was the last time you went full con on an archer or put 300 on spr on a warrior, automated stats might be a good idea and nothing is going to change that much, but we still need more info about it

allowing players to allocate their stats would be a good idea if there were like 8 or 9 different places to put those stats, otherwise, there is no big difference

The 1+3 class system is gonna be excellent for builds who already only uses 4 classes … like C2-C2-C3-C3. are gonna be full C3. I have a Tanker build SW-HOP3-PELT3-RETI3 That after the patch is gonna maintain pretty much the same except now it will have the skills of a SW3, like Double slash, way longer Pain barrier uptime and motherfukin Restrain… .:satisfaction:

Now for rainbow builds like c2-c1-c1-c1-c2-c3 you will have to kill some class here and there… it ain’t look so appealing. :tired:

1 Like

memechaplain is ded
(probably)

Personally, I will not have much trouble, cause my builds are almost only full circles. It all comes down to what gonna move around to other base classes and what gonna happen with skills, if they will be crazy different, or only adjusted.

1 Like

i really wish the starting class is free choice as well / w \

I think the fear of moving a base class is that it would loose grounding and that no one would pick them…

well, if they claim every class are equally buffed, then there’s really no reason to be afraid, since only people like me wouldn’t pick wiz for my affinity for shadow and ice Owo

Having a base class is quite important actually, it can a HUB for vital components (Heal, Pain Barrier, Surespell, Quick Cast, etc) and take the load out of other classes that would have it. Even if you don’t want other theme elements i’m pretty sure you’ll be able to get a hand full of useful skills to have around.

A base class will only be true to its name if it works as a foundation for anything else to come and i think that’s something they want to do with it. Also if swordsman really turn into the tank tree they may even move Swash Buckling to it.

2 Likes

surespell + quick cast has no use for my build though… since it doesn’t have any casting time (at least for now)

i have better use for a runecaster’s buff for my cryo build Owo
but for wiz, i only have lethargy and magic shield for the matter, it’s not even ideal to max magic shield in its current mechanics.

would be nice if the attribute overhaul incude a skill’s synergy to every foreign class, like a sorcerer attribute for the skill quake or something like that

Imagine you could even choose your starting class independently of the rest… How many would NOT pick cleric? :wink:

Seems like we all agree on the Stat System. While it can be easier for new players that don’t fully know about points distribution, while long timers might struggle, especially, on Legend Raids or TBL; I don’t know.

I, as well, welcome these major changes. But must agree with the Stat System popular opinion.