Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

I made a theory of them been moved to the 5th class…

I hope not cause many of my builds have hidden classes in them :confounded:

I like this mainly cause it removes rainbow builds. I also detested having to pick C1 or C2 of a class for the lack of better options, or because they were too good to miss. This makes it all better.

:satisfaction:

I did enjoy the circle progression for some reason however and having stronger c3 skills. (At least in some cases.) Wonder how they’ll manage updating all skills to be meaningful.

1 Like

What is the problem with rainbow build :hey:

Most of my friends are Rainbows :prince:

I think its just about thematic feelings of it for me. You’re a bit of everything but you’re in the end nothing. :thinking:

I really like specialization so going circle 3 on every class just feels a lot better. While not being able to just irks me.
:sad:

1 Like

you should see how my 8x c1 swordie can dps on bosses Owo

considering all i have are +5 non trans gears (and lvl1 braces and necklace) owO

3 Likes

:blush: such a cute synchronized pin :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

almost, yuri was fastest uhuhu

2 Likes

i’m intrigued but have some deep concerns:

• what’s gonna happen with hidden classes?
  • how is this gonna add build diversity to swordsman tree, which requires specific weapons for specific sills? people will just take the classes which use their weapon of choice, exactly how it is now.
  • will having stats automatically allocated based on your chosen classes not pigeon-hole players into having to take certain classes? any class that requires high spirit will be forced to take classes that have a high spirit modifier to your stats.
  • how will you balance this with the current gear system?
  • how are you going to make an entire new class tree? i presume you’ll be taking classes/skills away from existing class trees in order to throw the new class tree together?
  • what are you going to do with useless classes which are currently only taken for 1 circle for access to 1 skill? such as scout. if you can only pick 3 classes alongside the base class, then taking scout is really, really hard sell how it currently is. even if you massively boost skill factors of split arrow and flare shot, it’s not enough.
  • people will always find a meta. that’s just the way mmo’s end up. how will this be any different? :confused:
  • main concern: how long has this been in development? it’s so, so soon after some other skill patches that it just seems like a last-ditch attempt to save a dying game.
2 Likes

yep. honestly all they need to do is boost the skill factors of low level classes to match the skill factors of rank 10 classes. you can reach max level in 1 or 2 days anyway, and low level grinding will still just be done with blessing+sacrament buffs, so why not just boost the skill factors of low level classes to match rank 10 classes? that way all classes will be decent without having to change the entire game.

I believe they will rearrange scout, rogue and maybe shinobi too, those classes seems to fit the “outlaw” concept better, I guess IMC finally understood that e very mmorpg needs an assassin like branch

1 Like

is it confirmed that the new class tree is a thief tree, then? they’ll be needing a lot more classes than just scout, rogue, and shinobi. i guess they can put corsair in there, and maybe take some skills away from existing classes, like double pay earn from doppel might fit well ona thief. and maybe restrain from swordsman. but they’re gonna need at LEAST 10 classes to pick from to make the tree substantial in any way.

But that’s the very definition of doppelsoldner :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t feel so optimistic about the 4 classes limit. I currently have a Wiz that has 6 classes. It’s not part of any meta, but I do enjoy playing it.

Forcing me to play 4 classes just feels suffocating.

2 Likes

I know a lot of you have many questions regarding the upcoming changes to the game but at the current time we won’t be able to release any more information! Just hold tight for the followup dev posts and if your questions are remain unanswered by then I’ll step in and do my best to address them when the time comes. :bowing_man:

20 Likes

Amazing. Like completely different game.
Looking forward.

2 Likes

Only if they rebalance everything.
Still questioning how the %tages will be handled if every Class is supposed to be equally strong, does that mean we will see Rank 8 Class power on all Classes or does that mean they will meet in the middle ground , around Rank6/7?
This would probably mean hard nerfs for Rank 8 carrier Classes and ± no improvements for the lacking Rank 6-7 Classes.

It also would require a rework of field bosses and Velcoffer and raids so the new averaged Classes can still clear the content…

It could as well become a complete disaster with new meta emerging because some Classes still being OP while others are wayne if they just provide damage.
Druid could be such a case where one Class can provide everything via Grass and transformation, if its power is increased as well where is the point choosing e.g. Kabbalist or Plague Doctor?

Given how diverse the skillsets and options are, it will be very hard to viably balance everything without promoting full support and full damage builds again…

The best option would be to give every Class equal power and then balance it in a way that pure damage Classes (red/purple Circles) have around 17% more overall damage than green/blue/yellow Classes.

So if you stack three red Classes, your overall damage will be 50% higher than when stacking 3 green Classes.
If it’s made that way, you still have an edge over full green builds of 50% while it encourages choosing less red Classes for the sake of green/yellow/blue Classes since you only lose 17% overall damage in comparison for every non-red Class in your build.

If the damage difference is any greater than 50% for all 3 Classes stacked together, I can’t see how IMC will be able to discourage meta-building all over again.

Rune of DESTRUCTION (15/15)

ha ha ha ha HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

It kind of sounds like they’re still figuring it out themselves. And they’re just sort of throwing it together.

I wish they’d do more then just allow free class switching though… I want them to combine more of the character aspects into Teams. Maybe even things like quest progress or parts of character level.

I agree to all the changes here.

Its like playing final fantasy tactics (or any rpg characters) in which no stat allocations required and focused more on the job builds.

It wouldn’t hurt to try these new ideas. I don’t play anymore and would gladly go back and try out these changes. And hope this will be a great start!

1 Like