Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

Have they announced any changes attack speed to be less latency based or any plans to improve pet AI for Hunter or otherwise improve the class?

Let it be said, it’s been 3+ years since the game “released” and they’re still trying to figure out how to make the game decent. At this rate it’s still years from being good.

I’ve been hopeful for several years now and it hasn’t paid off much, if any. After some point “unrealized potential” and expectations become unwarranted and delusional. Hopefully your hope gets you a lot more than mine got me.

I’ll likely be waiting until the next major update to see how things have panned out.

They changed some Hunter skills and Hunter got a buff that contains Loot Chance and other things.
The rest probably will only be visible when we play or in the patch notes and not the rough introduction on the test server.

If you don’t like it play something different. We all have that choice and I can understand that you don’t want to wait, especially if they never realize anything. Personally I will still enjoy it because I mostly care about a bit of grinding and the fun combinations I can find.

1 Like

At the very least I’m glad to hear that they haven’t* forgotten that Hunters need work, although I’m not entirely sure what “other things” entails.

I’ll assume that wasn’t intended to be as condescending as it came across–or perhaps I came across as condescending and you felt the need to be. At any rate, I have no problem waiting… I’ve been waiting, supporting, participating, and checking back on the progress of ToS for years now.

I also joined the game because I like grinding. More so, I enjoy grinding mobs for experience and rare gear, especially in an active and competitive community. However, after “release” the game quickly shifted to more of a questing and later a Gacha grind rather than the aforementioned and the community quickly declined.

I also enjoy fun combinations. Some of my favorite were Rogue-Hackapell and Hunter-Falconer-Hackapell. I don’t mind enduring. That said, I’m glad you enjoy ToS–even in its current state and I hope you continue to.

1 Like

Not sure what it does.
Fireballs did the same damage and crit damage with and without ‘fire fox shikigami’
(one and half Day ago. maybe a bug? maybe not?)

Crit Chance is capped at 50% (60% with 4 Parts Leather Armor Passive). We dont know how hard/easy it is to reach that or get close. Maybe not worth focusing on that if your % is low.

Sorry if it sounded condescending, wasn’t my intention. Just felt like you only hate on the game and I was trying to enjoy it despite its shortcomings. =)

I enjoy the gear grind as well but at the same time I enjoy to just farm some mobs even if they don’t drop much. There are many other games with grinding that are great and loot based as well, I played a few of them as well and probably will again.
Surely we all loose fun combinations but we probably can find more fun ones now and in the future. Hopefully they add more classes on top and let us eventually choose a 4 class as well.

I will just hope to continue the best and enjoy what we have.

Firefox shikigami increases the critical rate of fire-type skills when firefox is active. Crit, crit chance, crit rate, crit attack, crit resist look similar, it is easy to get confused.

2 Likes

Really 75% more crit rate? That basically guarantees a crit with fire Spells if you use the skill and thus you can time burst with other cooldowns, burst someone in PvP and other stuff. Reminds me of WoW Fire Mage even more so with their crit increasing CD’s.
Makes sense that they removed Flare as it works on anybody that burns and had a high damage number for such a low ranked class. Just imagine, you using this skill and you do 3 Over Heat 980% Base damage flare that gets bonus against leather and fire reduces the fire resistance. Don’t want to know how hard that hits, even worse when you are caught in Fire Pillar and just die.

Just to make sure, is that critical rate in % or does it increase the “rating” of “Critical rate”?

Ahh that makes more sense. thanks

I guess its

You have 10% Crit chance? It gives +9.5%
You have 20% Crit chance? It gives +19%

and there is still the cap

@chamaeleonx the buff is good for fire skills. It only works on fire skills. However pyro skill cooldowns were increased. Also keep in mind the new crit chance % caps at 50%. Firefox is now worth on fire builds.
The agny necklace +50% skillfactor boost is also stronger after this re:build, because all skill% were lowered. Already seen a few pyro - ele - onmyo’s trying synergy.

1 Like

The best synergy with pyro and onmyoji is psycho…

Apparently not in Re:Build. The FireFox Psychokino Attribute is gone.

2 Likes

Hum… sad for that…

check out all videos of playing, many suffering from lack of sp lol.

the sp potions exist and are more important now. maybe getting a class who have nice SPR scaling will be a chance too to balance ur stats

1 Like

physical link with my bm? i’ll take it!

Doesn’t this mean that all elemental necklaces are stronger now? Especially since you can make an Elementalmage that farms or fights specific elements with Elementalist.
So it increases the rating that you get from items or the direct Crit %? It never seems clear to me in this game. =/
If it is rating then it doubles the rating and thus gives you still a good boost, which makes the most sense here as crit is, as others mentioned, capped at 50% or 60% with leather. Therefore a flat 95% boost to direct crit rate makes little sense.

@Hmmmm
It still is great due to the overlaying of Heavy Gravity and Flame Ground, it gives you more CC and you can Psycho mobs in Fire Pillar as well as use Fire Ball.

@Gexian
Alchemist also got a Skill that can spread SP potions they make thus being perfect for Dungeons and Raids to supply teams in longer fights.

@bia98303
I wonder if they changed Physical Link, nobody ever took it because it did nothing of value.

Them unpinning it means we probably soon get an English post. =P

lo a horse mount?? i want it.

Firefox shikigami right? The fox skill increases your current crit rate by 95%.

This is the formula:
(your crit rate / enemy crit resist)^[x] = crit chance %
x = unknown factor

So a higher crit rate = higher crit chance %

About elemental necklaces, yes it is stronger after re:build patch. Especially on multi-hit skills. Each hit gets +50% skill factor, so a multi-hit skill such as stormdust will get a lot of +50% damages (example):
Stormdust Lv15 damage: 136% x 18 hits (total damage 2448%)
Stormdust Lv15 + earth necklace damage: (136%+50%) x 18 hits (total damage 3348%)