Tree of Savior Forum

Re:Build - The Introduction

I wonder where their priorities are too.

I thought people liked the class system. I never heard anyone complain or quit because of it.

What will change about the state of the game once we get this Re:Fresh? Won’t it be just like any other patch so far where people come back to try to new thing because why not (the game is free after all) and then they quit again after a week because ultimately the game is still the same.

1 Like

Honestly as a player that’s played since founders and has left and come back before with hours in the thousands in this game. I’ve seen changes that I’ve hated within the game but can deal with. Seen changes that where for the better. The new plans for changes can be something to get used to. But seeing stats being put up to automation besides some extra’s you get through questing and Goddess Statues is disheartening to say the least, as a long time mmorpg player i always disliked the Lineage and Warcraft style of level up automatized stat increases and how little control you had in the matter despite how popular it got.

Having stat control is one of the many reasons why i always found myself going back to games like Ragnarok online in different times in my life. Also yes why i tried tos, and despite me being convinced it wouldn’t hit the same notes that made me love Ragnarok ended up liking it enough that left me hooked and never really dropping the game completely. I recently started a break after the silver hack to give the market time to stabilize again and because i told my guild members that moved; I would try out the mmo they switched to. I was sure of having the intention of coming back, but now I’m not sure if it would be even worth it.

6 Likes

The change seems interesting. I look forward for it.

But fixed stat is no. Please, no. NOOOooooooooOOOOOOOooo
I want my wiz keep her DEX stat for whatever reason.

5 Likes

Yea i want to keep my AA enchanter too :satisfaction:

1 Like

On board with others here, I am very against the stat changes but like everything else.

Reducing class options will mean that there are still very many choices when customizing a build, and many more of them will actually be effective or useful under such a system–especially if the previously lower rank classes are brought up in line with the previously higher ones.

But dumbing down stat points will hurt. It would be far better to balance the stat points back out, to make it so that all of them are still desirable but one can still specialize.

One possible solution is making the stats obtained through quests/statues much more valuable on a per point basis–or at least equivalent to the approximately 100 non-standard-for-my-class stat points I’ve invested as is. And we can still customize with gear, though I think there has to be some other level of choice.

I’m really happy about the class changes so far though, and I hope that this makes the game much easier to balance. Even if my build gets bricked, I think sometimes people just need to be saved from their own bad decisions. Rainbow builds and one circle wonder classes (PD1, oracle1, scout1) were not conducive to a good playstyle, and made it extremely hard to balance the game and not just in PVP, but PVE too.

3 Likes

:point_up_2: Pretty much.

Now I understand that online games are in constant evolution and change (e.g. League of Legends), but there should be a limit for how far you can change stuff.

Really, only 4 classes per character, goddamn

4 Likes

yea no more 1 or 2 circle class or rainbow build … all about 3 circle in future or no more 3 circle all skill will be available in 1 class circle

4 classes per char? then most of my build is doomed cause they hv at least 5+ classes in them. But IMC’s intention are understandable bcus not many builds can compete with the meta ones.

4 Likes

I’m probably the only one here that loved every single thing listed in this upcoming rework, this is great, I’m so excited can’t wait to see all this implemented in iTOS.

13 Likes

No, you aren’t the only one, I’m excited too.

Personally, I like stat customization, but they usually don’t feel that much impactful, so I’m good with the auto distribution. I also think that the game’s balance will be much more smoother, since all classes will be in the same level of power, thus making it much more easier to balance.

3 Likes

You’re slowly understanding why we all left.

Tree of Beta

1 Like

Make sure you guys actually test the patch this time and check for potential bugs before causing a sandstorm again

This rework is a delayed attempt to improve the game, but what’s the use when you have THE WORST ADMINISTRATION that ever existed in games after Level Up? It gets strange when I went to MS2 and I saw so many things being corrected, so much content being denounced and removed, so many players and bots (here until TODAY there are bots in the same corner) being deleted and even people from the team itself, this raises several doubts about me “honesty” team put behind the IMC here.

I will continue in both worlds, but the tendency is for us to always stay where we are welcomed and heard … And look I am not a tree of savior player right now, I have been suffering from it since the closed, I hope that in addition to the class Rework , we have a rework in the form of administering the game.

Who knows, one day, the IMC team takes a stand with the Nexon team, primarily responsible for Maple Story 2.

Local server + Fully localized game + Staff present + Support that accepts email in Portuguese.

Chero no cangote

2 Likes

It’s almost like Maple Story is older than Tree of Savior and they have had all the time in the world to make the game palatable for you and repackage it as if it’s new and bug-free.

6 Likes

My sorcerer main received two reset items from our latest update. So as a smart person I used it to change my build twice… into pyro ele abomination. Needless to say I was frustrated. All my invite friend bonii are with him so I was totally screwed up.

But praise Ausrine I heard about RE: news. You won’t believe how much I’m grateful for this.

To those whose crap builds are saved by this update. :beers:

1 Like

MS2 team has been doing it right and that’s all there is to it. They recognized and worked towards a successful launch in the west. It’s absolutely fun and fantastic.

Tree of Savior is a mess, but hopefully this is the right direction to address power creeps and significantly fix class identifications and synergies. I just hope it works, path freedom and rainbow builds were an extremely fun part of our game.

1 Like

Or move them in even harder to get to locations, and have “reaching a class master” be the only unlock-requirement ;O

That way a new player only has access to Pyro and Cryo due to them being locate in Klaipeda. but then having to explore some of the comfier town-like maps the revelation quests take you through to unlock them.

Possibly one way to combat the overwhelming aspect of being confronted with 16 choices at start of the game.

And since they are going to make switching classes an inherent part of the game rather than an event-dependant bandaid, it’s not even a problem if you only later discover other classes, since you can try them out without having to remake the character.

1 Like

It’s very hard to revamp it. Even Ragnarok Online had issues making stat allocation not be a “noob trap” and allowing non-cookie-cutter builds to exist.

The reality is that if there’s no way to guarantee proper variety in builds, it makes sense to just make stat allocations automatic.

Excited for this. Hope other aspects of the game will be revamped as well (itemization, leveling, etc).