Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

Sounds like me, lol. I just kinda picked my favorites on archer and ranger. And went with what you guys mentioned for Falconer.

You arent Nicola are you?

No, lol. Iā€™m not. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jus checking, lot of old players have different tags now.

1 Like

Mainly for cm, so it sounds Spread shot is amazing now

Even with homing arrow buff (uninterruptible), still not worth anymore?

Jump shot feels like a big nerf since pre patch it was one of the hardest hitting skillsā€¦

Ok good, I was hoping someone else would say that.

Jump shot to me feels significantly weaker aswell. Now to the homing arrow question, I love homing, its jus we are kind of being forced now to choose between skills due to points and sp costs in our rotations.

Thats the only reason I dont have it in atm, however that may change, spread shot is great in cm1/2, after stage 3though for me atleast, falls off quite a bit, but the 3 overheats compared to 2 of homing is something to factor in aswell.

Idk though, I like zenith and the absurd street fighter noise you make it as you cast it, spread shot feels good now, sprinkle and downfall hit really hard, triple to me is still amazing etc etc.

Its tough choosing atm.

Iā€™ll probably skip Homing Arrow even when Iā€™m also a fan of that skill, hehe

Iā€™ve gotten a few DMs asking similar things, Iā€™ll post here:

1. Skill allocation for Mergen?
Currently:
9-Spread, 15-Triple, 10-Downfall, 1-Jumpshot, 5-Sprinkle, 5-Zenith

I am trying today:
15-spread, 15-triple, 15-downfall and;
15-spread, 10 Triple, 15-Downfall, 5-Zenith

Iā€™ve tried 10 triple, and @Battle_Forged was right, itā€™s prolly better to keep at 15 atm. With aiming and circling up, its still really good. Itā€™s just noticeably weaker than before. I am still unsold on homing.

I will probably go:
10-Spread, 15-Triple, 10-Downfall, 5-Sprinkle, 5-Zenith (or maybe 10 sprinkle and 0 zenith)
Iā€™m finding myself having too many skills to spam, including new ranger and falconer skills, i donā€™t have real downtime.

2. What Cards do I use
3-Centaur, 3-Ella, 3-Zaura, 1-Gazing, 2-Rikaus
I am debating swapping the Rikaus for sp on kill

3. Attributes?
I think +70 all is doable and easy for everyone. It takes 10k attributes to go from 0->70. But it takes 103k to go from 0-100. So its like 90k more to go from 70->100.

4. What Gear Do I Use and stats
I have been lucky but I have farmed velc pretty hard and a lot of raids during double drop event.
I use +16 Velc Bow, +11 velc leather armors, Nepa neck and Nepa rings. I have 0 gems equipped. All my stuff is only transcendence 1. I am waiting for Sunday discount to trans everything.
10365-11518 Phys Attack
783 crit rate (867 with concentrate)

5. CM Experience
I have 5manned CM and 2-man. Both were pretty easy CM5s, easily 2min per level. Even with partners not having great gear and everyone respeccing to scout (and not knowing wtf to do)

Hope this helps, if ya got anymore questions let me know.

2 Likes

Ya its hard to choose, im pretty sure at this point im giving up jump shot, and I have to pick between spread shot or homing arrow, that 1 its absolutely 1 or the other, cant carry both.

I really like downfall for single target but the CM bosses melt so fast now, the only time aside from that I need single target is Saalus, which now I need to group for anyways b/c its retarded.

Today im trying 15 homing, 15 triple, 10 sprinkle and 5 zenith, and going to try out rangerā€™s bounce shot next reset to replace an mergen aoe skill possibly.

2 Likes

Noob question about repatch. How to reset skill points? Do I have to do the 1k point thing? And will it reset the attributes on that class too?

ya just click the advancement info window on the bottom of your screen, and ya, itll reset all attribute points you spent on that class

ignore the points, it automatically fills to 3k every night at midnight during the event

off topic question, how to feed the hawk like this?

back on topic, this ktos player https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESSanqdiwoA&t=67s
recommend

Mergen? Downfall, triple, zenith Max, 1 point each, rest into homing

checking his patk status at the lower right of video, he is not a noob

That guy is just guessing in that video though, he goes on in comments to admit hes not sure and still experimenting with the skills.

Was triple arrow nerfed, yes, however in comparison to everything else after the sweeping global nerfs its still 1 of the 3 strongest/largest scale nukes in the game combined with aiming and/or circling, and thats from big time people smarter then me like Greyheim etc.

I do agree with him on homing though, ive been using homing for a long time though and its just comfortable to me, others maybe more comfortable with spread shot if they arent used to kiting.

just noticed he confirmed what we were talking about earlier too, jump shot is trash now

1 Like

the important question is, where to test skill? any HP sponge passive monster you know?
highlander dummy canā€™t show the real damage of your skill

Ive been doing the usual content I did before Re: build, and just doing it with different skill combos to see what feels more comfortable.

Im not crunching numbers and being super serious, for me its just personal prefrence but as we have shared our experiences the last couple days we seem to find certain things lining up.

Everyones underwhelmed with jump shot, spread shot is decent now, pre-emptive strike is useless outside a 1 point wonder to blind hard hitting bosses etc.

Overall my character feels stronger then pre- rebuild but my gear significantly upgraded due to the exchange event also.

i dont really understand why zenith is great? unlike barrage which can be use for shotgunning, with zenith you must be at the center of the boss for that 10 hit to all get hitā€¦
does circling affect zenith too?

I know aiming does but I like it for CMs, at the same time I havent heard anyone else be blown away by it. Its just ā€œdecentā€ and at a max of 5 points its not breaking the bank.

Has anyone tried Bounce Shot yet with decent attributes behind it, like 70 or so. I tried Spiral Arrow thinking it would be great ā€œbalancedā€ with high tier circle skills but it felt like garbage to me.

Someone mentioned trying bounce shot. Otherwise if it sucks could reallocate thodse points to high anchoring to have more mobs decrease crit def

Ok I think only using pre-emp on bosses is the way to go. That means itā€™s probably better to only have 5 in sonic to get the confusion attribute. That saves points to max pheasant and circling.

As for mergen, remember Downfall has broaden for aoe on it too.

Iā€™m going to go, 10spead, 15triple, 10 Downfall, 5sprinkle, 5 zenith. I think gives me a good mix for my experience doing cms and dungeons and saalus thus far. I may change after the weekend velc attempts.