Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

Ya he was heavily into pvp, when he came to MS2 he told me about rebuild and it peaked my intrest, so as MS2 fizzled out I gave this another chance.

how do you distribute 45point mergen skill btw? so many skill so little point

1 Like

Ya it might change with this patch, I cant believe that spread shot is ever going to work, its been so badly broken for so long, supposedly it does something now so well have to see.

For me atleast, ive been doing 10 triple, 5 jump shot, 5 homing arrow, 5 arrow sprinkle, 5 downfall.

With the new 45 im not sure yet what ill be doing, I like homing arrow, if you remember any of my old dungeon videos on jchsc32 I used falconā€™s circling/homing arrow combo WAAAAAY before falcon was the meta.

with the arrival of re:build, is there any mergen build which uses a crossbow/shield combo?

Got everything situated, after re: exchange ended up with this sexy beast =)

2 Likes

Make sure you invest in some Rikaus Cards or % of recovering 5% SP for elemental type of mobs you farm b/c you are going to have ZERO SP every 15 feet.

Took my character out for a bit to my usual farming areas and I couldnt make it 15 feet before completely running out of SP, and thats with x3 10star Rikaus Cards on.

unfortunately velco bow is only a recoloring masi bow, dislike the appearance so much it discourage me to obtain it

Nice! Grats again on the stuff.

Iā€™m waiting for the trans event to get all my gear up to date.

No I donā€™t think so. Crossbows got kinda shafted, not a lot of builds use it.

Re skin it then?

Ya I hear that alot, the velco stuff is still ā€œnewā€ to me b/c I quit for so long so idm the look, but ya, most people I know reskin theirs.

Ok did some CM testing.

1. It does not look like jumpshot gives invulnerability frames anymore, if someone else can verify.
  2. Spreadshot is a lot better now. I feel like Iā€™m getting more mileage from it than triple shot.
  3. Still unsold on Zenith, it is strong though with aiming.
  4. Pre-emp is basically useless with the amount of SP it sucks.
  5. Downfall and Sprinkle still pretty great.
  6. Tomahawk is great.
  7. Aiming change is so dumb, I donā€™t understand having a 15s downtime on it, unbelievably dumb.
  8. Concentrate in Archer is amazing. Iā€™m at 867 crit rating with 0 green gems.
1 Like

Preach

The downtime on aiming is an absolute crime, between that and not being able to turn pre-emptive strike on ever I am freaking out.

I havent tried spread shot or tomahawk yet but my triple arrow and jump shot seem lackluster compared to before, my homing arrow feels a bit stronger. Downfall and sprinkle for me feel about the same, but I havent tried zenith, everything I read on ktos videos for the last month prior to re" itos launch said zenith was ā€œmehā€ at best.

Any1 have any skill build advice for the merg class in Ranger>Pied Piper>Mergen?
Im not sure whats best to take.

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ybaktp6s

Couple of additional thoughts:

Iā€™m going to test:

1. Maxing out spreadshot and not maxing tripleshot. Spreadshot has been proving to be pretty good and tripleshot not as much.
  2. I found that you can blind saalus bosses and dungeon boss (I believe) with sonic strike or the pre-emp sonic strike. I havenā€™t tested in velc yet. With pre-emp and sonic strike not as good as pheasant and tomahawk, I think lowering sonic strike to 1 and using pre-emp only on bosses for that blind cc is a good idea. This will free up more points to max pheasant and circling. And with roost resetting cds, play falconer more like a nuker. Instead of pre-emp AA like I was pre patch.
  3. With the increase in sp cost on skills, I think maxing skills instead of putting 1 pt in many skills is the better way to go. So you have harder hitting spells, since weā€™re not spamming all our cds as much now. In CM, Iā€™m clearing waves in duo and 5 man parties faster than I can get through my cds anyways. I donā€™t think itā€™s efficient to have ā€œfiller spellsā€ anymore.

If anyone has any ranger falc merg questions or things they want me to test, just lemme know.

Im with you up to the not maxing triple arrow, mines still insane.

However after hearing your thoughts on spread shot I respecā€™d mine and tried it and was pleasantly surprised. I also agree with what you said and what was originally advised by ā€œDrRmā€, I will also be maxing more skills and spreading points out between others less to shrink my rotations.

I am able to safely solo Saalus bosses using pre-emptives blind, without it I get drilled for like 30k by the castle angry cow miniboss. However its not worth it to me to spend 11 points on that niche of a thing, when my class points recharge I am retiring sonic and pre-emptive all together.

1 Like

With that being said, would you put atleast 2 points for both PES and Sonic strike not for the dmg of falcon now, but for the blind cc it brings?

Would you share your skill alloc

Ya I can see people doing minimum points for the situational blind, sure.

Idk what exactly ill end up doing but 100% will not be maxing it anymore, I dont use it whatsoever anymore.

In my solo CMs atm im killing the stage 5 boss with like 6-7 minutes left still, without using pre-emptive whatsoever. Its just weird b/c some of our old skills that were amazing now seem average and we have new skills, and old skills that sucked work now so the hardest part is figuring out you want to divide the 45 points.

I dont think there is going to be a clear, meta cookie cutter skill allocation now though with the sp regen, its going to be more personal prefrence on what you can maintain.

Disclaimer, my bow is;

Its not whale status, +23/trans10 but its an entire month of heavy farming so otherā€™s people experiences are going to vary quite a bit depending on what they have access to.

Would still be nice to see a rough skill allocation. :smiley: I canā€™t decide what I want to pick, hahaha

Im using 15spread 15triple 5jumpshot 5arrow sprinkle and 5zenith atm for Mergen skills.

My problem is I like others, I like homing arrow, I like downfall, id also like to get 10 into arrow sprinkle but its going to take some time for me to find what works for me.

The only 2 things set in stone for me personally are 15 triple arrow and 5 zenith, everything else ill be tinkering with.

2 Likes