Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

wait its random? so not completely pheasant only? i thought its pheasant only.
even if its 25% only , 25% of 6430 is still roughly 1600%sfr, and with knock down effects. :slight_smile: anyway good buff for falco, aiming nerf is not that huge so this is still a win :satisfaction:

2 Likes

i think it try repeat old preemptive strike which cast randomly hovering or sonic strike, but sadly there is no attribute to turn off one of the skill this time

Circling goes from 15 skill points to 5. So that frees up 10 points if you maxed circling before. Even if we get 5 more aar, people who donā€™t have 20 aar will still want centaur cards.

Extra skill points lets us be able to take things like sonic again.

Pre-emptive buff might be nice. Weā€™ll have two toggle skills now, the sp drain will be huge.

Overall Iā€™m pretty excited for falconer changes. The ranger changes are kinda good too, Iā€™m happy bounce gets a big bump. I think every last skill should be worth considering and current its pretty meh. The high anchoring nerf, I can live with but kinda sucks. The overall upped dmg output should make up for it though.

1 Like

Well, the description of Pre-Emptive Strike says that you need to previously learn Sonic Strike.

Maybe with the new Pre-Emptive Strike we can decide witch skill to use simply by not learning the other ?
It would be cool.

BTW, since my build is Ranger>Mergen>Falconer I got very disapointed by Rangerā€™s buffs. Itā€™s so low comparing to other classes. You can see classes with a 12k% SFR, and the higher Ranger got is Bounce Shot wich would be 1138%

Not taking Sonic Strike means we either need to allocate 8 points into Hanging Shot (eww) or forever having 8 points notification in our icons bar.

But it will probably force it to use level 1 Sonic Strike as well?

1 Like

my thought as well.,hope ludo game upload new falconer test soon

1 Like

its +8 aar with attri on, and sacrificing another extra hit of triple arrow is worth it for a 30% dmg boost to everything you can dish out (cent to dmg cards) , people are already considering AAR 15 (cause huge investment is needed to achieve 20aar without centau) as a goal til this update came. to which 20 is now easily achievable.

question is, which +30% card damage is useful all the time?

I am so busy at work I didny see this coming!

Looks like Falco will provide more dps role than utlity

I agree with the others aiming for 15 aar for the bonus, stretching it more might sacrifice other sources of dps

On top of my head, looks like Glass Moles are okay to make it up for the SP drain, Mergen is a bursty class to pair up with falco anyway

Pre emp strike is back! I like it. I will end up learning both SS and Pheasant to Max, since when PES procs, it does not use the original skillā€™s CD. So that is like 2x pheasant, 2x Sonic strike in a few seconds (if you played falconer long enough you will know this simple trick)

Aiming is ok

Circling is huge nerf. So my thoughts of 18 hits per mob per aoe ratio computation will never materialize. Oh well, if you ask me it was really OP if they ddint change Circling with those Triple Arrow buffs anyway.

Aiming nerf seems ok. But what circling nerf? If I am reading correctly, its basically a buff across the board. You can always have circling on or whenever you want. And its down to only lvl 5. That means, you can put points into sonic that the new pre-emp can take advantage of.

Not sure about what red card to use either if not centaur.

Circling will no longer change enemy defenses ratio to 1, instead will add AAR.

So before if I have 18 AAR, under circling I will hit 18 small or 18 medium or 18 large monsters as you already know by now

With this nerf, you will hit less because the normal system of Aoe defense ratio - your total attack ratio = number of mobsters hit will no longer apply

18 aar like the previous example will still net you 18 small, but 9 medium, and 6 large monsters only

So even with new Circling giving +8 AAR I said it was a nerf because even if IMC ramps up dmg SFR values, Circling effect has been a powerful skill due to it raising your dps output exponentially by raising the mobs we can hit per skill

the old circling was hard to use due to itā€™s high downtime. sure it looks good on paper that you can hit 20+ enemies at once, but on practice, I rarely kite 20+ mobs at once, except iā€™m on CM and sometimes on irredian. with this new +AAR effect, it will help a lot of problems newbie mergens have, that is not enough AAR. see, centaur only gives 6, Asio bow gives 2, abyss irredian set gives 4, so newbies only have access to 12 permanent AAR. more than that, itā€™s gonna be pretty expensive. So hereā€™s the new circling comes. +8 AAR is just the right amount to get 20 AAR which then they can use mergen skills effectively. sure, for players that have reached 20+ AAR via ichors, RNG enchant, HC, etc, this looks like a nerf. But for me, a relatively new falco-mergen, this is a welcomed change

1 Like

the SP drain from circling+attribute+preemptive strike is what discourage me from using those skills

you can get free nepag necklace by playing for 3 months, and +1 AAR from purple enchant jewel, the chance is very common

Ah thanks, I must have missed that change.

Iā€™m hoping the ā€œalways available when neededā€ will make up for it. In addition to a lot of the SFR buffs on the ranger-falc-merg skills, itā€™ll hopefully be enough that itā€™s an overall buff to our clearing and bossing dmg.

I am with @7aniki, a bit concerned about the sp drain with two toggle abilities on that we want always on.

All good. True, that sp drain sounds scary, all I can think of is +sp on kill purple cards to have full uptime

@zxfirefox Youā€™re right and on point. I forgot to mention and ill just say it again that I always speak about in terms of CM scenario. Newbies will infact benefit from this huge AAR boost in general PvE, but in ā€œend gameā€ where CM farming gives good loots for profit, eventually you will feel this as a nerfā€¦

I am yet to solo clear cm7 with this build. Done with a different build, but not on this one. Will have to see post changes but im doubtful with that Circling nerf honestly.

according to greyhiemā€™s

preemptive 100SP/5sec, 1200SP/minute O_o

2 Likes

Thanks.

It is a huge sp drain, I mean no different than what we knew before. But now it casts pheasant, and we have freed up skill points to put into more sonic strike.

It may be worth to use to get that extra oomph in dps for fights like legend skia, Boruta, etc and not an every day cm kinda skill. Which is a weird from a skill development standpoint.

Overall pretty good buffs tho, living up to it being a red circle class. Although my skill allocation will literally have no change, as I have Circling lv3 only with the rest max currently. Perhaps Hanging Shot Arts lol?

if you really trade 3 centaur card for 30%dmg card, just delete triple arrow shortcut when you do bossing, it wont be optimal without 20AAR, and it seems unnecesary to use circling for bossing