Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

if you take Weltbaum and Stregreifspiel, Stregreifspiel will only play Weltbaum. So techincally you can have 20 seconds of damage boost every time.

Oh… right… well, can you check out the build I posted above and give some feedback? The arch-ranger-falc-mergen one.

hijacking a class thread is not cool. :sad:

Did some cms yesterday, it’s about 1.5mins per stage through stage 6. Didn’t try 7 solo as wb started to spawn.

Silver is good, it’s like 1m+ for the 15mins or so. Might start soloing more, in groups the benefit is I just act super lazy.

Question regarding everyone’s attributes -

1. What have you guys maxed or looking to max?
  2. Why those skills?

I’ve maxed both triple arrow and tomahawk. I’m close to maxing a third, but can’t decide. I’m debating between arrow sprinkle, Downfall, and pheasant.

I’m not too sure if maxing tomahawk was a great choice either… Would like to hear what you guys have thought about

Steady Aim boost every single missile skill that you use. If u want the most value for money, Steady aim is one of the best imo to max out.

did you get steady aim gem already?

@ennislol isn’t pheasant has bigger dmg than tomahawk? I got tohamawk gem from event tho

1minute - 1minute 10 seconds per stage is very doable bro… Only things that delay me are bosses with invincibility or my own laziness timing my skill rotation right…

I usually max the attributes of the skills with max skill levels as a rule of thumb. Then I started off with most used skills to the least.

It’s mix and match, if you’re aiming speed runs you can max both Pheasant and Tomahawk to get quick respawns of mobs. Ultimately, the principle is the same with screen-clearing skills like Triple Arrow and Homing Arrow - which some hate lul

On a side note, the crucial thing that those who say this skill is weak is that they leave Homing Arrow on level 1. So you really have to complete charging the skill otherwise you can’t use it.

Thing is, with higher Homing Arrow levels, the gauge stays the same. At level 2, release it halfway through the gauge and you get a level 1 Homing Arrow released. Ergo, higher level of Homing arrow shortens the charging time. This is a known mechanic for a long time, useful info for those others who may not know it :joy:

With lv15 Homing arrow and lv100 attribute 18 aar and more, nobody can really tell me the skill is weak - pve wise. If not for Triple Arrow’s explosions under aiming, I can tell anyone Homing Arrow stands as a more damaging skill - again pve wise

it seems mergen’s jump shot will be moved to archer’s skill

btw can i solo CM only using T10 orange bow and vanilla primus armor?

I used to clear cm5 just fine with unique bow t10 before.

And afaik new content will drop new item/rc on higher cm stages.

Who says a farmer build is weak now lul :joy:

Jumpshot being archer is a much needed survivability skill for both Pve and pvp, thank God they are giving it to all archers. Edit : ugh they took the dmg portion away, kinda lame.

You guys with maxed homing, how is your single target when doing things like world bosses?

I simply don’t… If I want a toon with great single target dps I’d make a fletcher variant

whats the deal with homing arrow? it looks a lot more like a single target skill than an aoe one for me
perhaps the trick is to cast it with dieing mobs so it jumps from target to target?

Thought Fletcher had lost to mergen in dps after rebuild, it’s also an interesting class, but the fact that you need craft different arrows to use different skills, and not that the skill effect changes based on the arrow “equiped” is kind of a letting dow…
Also would not musketeer be a better nuker for boss?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 1 hour unless flagged)

Regarding Homing Arrow, the number of mobs it hits scales with the attackers AAR. Its not limited to a single target. Well, if I’m not mistaken. Someone please confirm.

1 Like

Yea, it had great aoe if your AOE is above 8

From feedback that Homing Arrow is a weak skill, which I simply can’t accept because it is being used the wrong way hence others could be terribly being misguided.

And yeah, it is even a good single target dmg as it hits 5x on bosses per OH (no matter the AAR). And no, it doesn’t bounce or ricochet upon mob death (nice if it did though).

Fletcher will still outdps in single target. That is its forte. I’d say the falco variant of ranger mergen is more pve inclined, fletcher is more bossing inclined.

Same principle how a fletcher variant can do pve cm, but won’t be as good as a falco variant. On the other hand, I do not expect a falco ranger mergen out dps a fletcher ranger mergen in single target bossing scenarios. Ofcourse, considering all other factors are the same.

You’re right, it does scale. I have reached as high as 22 aoe attack ratio before, and I honestly do not know if it is even worth it stacking that high. I’ve been running cm a lot, and even in cm6, I don’t think I can count 22 mobs in 1 respawn (considering the effect of Circling). Hence, an AAR higher than the number of mobs on the screen is a waste.

But I am too lazy to test anything else further.

About downfall, if it is even level, it will add 3 hit (lv 14 47-50 hit), if odd level then +2 hit (lv 15 50-52 hit).

I personally think downfall has more DPS than arrow sprinkle for bossing, especially moving boss