Hey people, I’ve read through the thread and have learned lots. Thank you very much for all the thorough testing.
I know a lot of you here are a big fan of the bird but having played so much falconer before Re:Build, I’m kinda sick of it and want something different (also, I don’t wanna spend more unnecessary TP on another character slot for a companion).
I tried out Mergen and it feels very much what I had in mind for an Archer class: mobile, deals DPS from a distance and is a little squishy. I understand that the Falconer class is a no-brainer for Mergen because of AAR issues and how circling circumvents that but I really don’t want a Falconer in my build.
I am looking towards making a single-target DPS build with some AoE. Something like a 65-70% single-target focused build and the rest for AoE mobbing.
I have come up with this build so far and would like to hear what your opinions are.
I am leveling up my archer from scratch (testing out levelling up strictly via questing atm) to get a rough feel of what a beginner would feel like playing TOS for the first time (working on a guide).
I only plan to allocate around 40M silver for this build. With that said, do you think this build would serve my intentions well?
My thoughts when creating this build:
- Pairing [Wugong Gu] with [Downfall] and & [Spiral Arrow], followed by [Cresendo Bane] to get manymanymanymanymany damage numbers overflowing out of the target (bosses in general)
- AoE DPS will pretty much be everything else.
- SP consumption should be quite about the same as your builds in this thread as you don’t really need to spam Wugushi skills too often (tbh I think of Wugushi more as a single target DPS class and majority of the game will be AoE orientated)
- If my SP consumption is not too high, I am thinking taking out two points from [Arrow Sprinkle] and putting one point into [Spread Shot] & [Jump Shot].
- I feel its not that great for solo-ing CM 1-5 unless I spam Wugong Gu
- Investment wise I think it will generally be the same for all Mergens. Hey at least I have another empty character slot.
- Are there any accessories/gems that go well with DoT? Something that increases dmg per hit or smth like that.