Tree of Savior Forum

[RANT] who tf told swordies to be dps?

Sw2>Barb3>Fencer2 PvP build here. Well, we still need to level up and use the extra dailies despite our no-Pelt-build. So while it is becoming common knowledge that Sw2 or 3 is purely for PvP I wouldn’t label the majority of the Swordsman player base as brainless based on 4 or 5 overconfident-kirito-fanboyz-Sw2-15year-old-players.

Been trying to keep the constant aggression when facing a boss in order to make myself and Provoke useful in party instances. There’s always daily soul crystals in case things get out of control and the longer you can hold the boss aggro IN PLACE (say, under a certain perimeter similar perhaps to a wizard’s frost cloud) the shorter the boss run will be. Sayin in place because some tend to aggro the boss and fuken run for their lives, being more of a burden than an actual help.

Besides, even a Sw2/3 can holds its ground fairly well when aggroing mid to end game bosses. Except for Cerberus. Cerberus is 2MLG with those flayingfireballlzz24/7rekage. (do not take this last sentence seriously, its just a frustration vent due to the perma knockdown he does with those fireballs if you happen to faceroll the first one)

Edit: Sw2 is a “trap” for PvE builds and PvE builds only. Please do not label every Sw2 as “LOLN00BZ” under the assumption they do not know what they are doing. Other than that yeah OP is right about the classic Kiritowanabe Sw2s.

Also, @Mirarara, perhaps you are yet to find a decent or average swordsman in your random parties. I’m fairly sure many would agree that a decent swordsman only party is MASSIVELY better than a mess of randoms with diversified classes. Of course this applies to everything but you get my point I am sure.

1 Like

[quote=“facevisage123, post:77, topic:308330, full:true”]
you came on here after having a bad party from queueing a dungeon and got angry that he didnt have pelt. [/quote]

The level of assumption here is crazy. That’s cute. Try again, children.

I think some have already mentioned that this is because of rugal’s guide in the public builds here:

it’s the most viewed guide/build even compared to other classes. for starters, he suggests taking 100 spr. The problem lies in the fact that not all people haven’t gone to the forums and we can’t totally blame them since the public builds site is more concise and more newbie-friendly.

I think it @Mirarara and I have mentioned this already, it’s actually a matter of attitude and not build. if not for the increasing number of this kind of people, i, along with the other people who posted previously, would have just let it pass.

thanks you. i triez.

erm not entirely about sw2 but i was mostly b*tching about what some above call as k1rIto-fanboy-sw2 guys who wouldn’t help much in runs when they can clearly do a lot.

Not much you can do about attitude. Not for now at least. The public build state saving of tos dbase should have never been a thing to begin with. The lack of information might have caused it; or ironically, the excess of it. Everyone rushed to conclusions and assumed every little detail of mechanics without a hint of proof ultimately resulting in those fine on paper (actually, not really) builds which are extremely poor in practice. But quite honestly, yes, that kind of attitude is staining swordsman tree even further than it already is. Cant deny it.

oh now i see why sw2 is a thing… lol i never went to that simulator for builds since everything in its database is purely theorycrafted except for some who has concrete evidences of their builds to be viable which are posted here in the forums tbh this guy’s guide is fine he took sw2 to get restrain for doppel’s cyclone for stunlock but his stats is pretty awful putting points into spr is nothing but a waste

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

btw, his reason for not getting pelt is because he wants more damage. just like the rest of sw 2 kirito boys.

didnt knew that but its seems o-k to me if his reason was for cyclone stunlock as that would be my main reason for taking sw2 if im gonna build doppel since spin2win is pretty much op when it comes to pvp :sunglasses:

if i were him my skill distribution via 2nd rank would be
GungHo 5
Concentrate 10
Pain Barrier 10
Restrain 5
putting more points into gungho would only make you softer while putting the rest in pain barrier would increase you’re up time on facing bosses thus making your build somehow viable in pvp too

ofc for pvp but i think people have been blindly following this as a pve guide.

going for sw 2 gives you +15 atk from gungho and +8 from concentrate. i dont know how it’s a good choice for PvE.

lol wait till card system comes and sw2 becomes trash since a card gives a much better effect than restrain rofl

yea but still not worth taking unless both skills gets a % modifier for better scaling till then their both cheap as u said :slight_smile:

then you realize you still get 70 damage from gungho level 5 and 111 damage from concentrate from swordsman 1

With swordsman 2 you only get 85 damage and 119 damage on concentrate+a few more hits.

WOW SUCH GREAT BUFF UPGRADES!

Gungho and Concentrate skills might get reworked in the future, who knows?

But the way the game is going, after lvl 300, parties will need a real tank, than just a “taunter”. Mobs with 500k hp and hitting like a truck are real and coming.

People who picked Peltasta1 just for “taunting” purposes between lvl 300-500, will regret doing it. The same problem some people had in CBT2 picking certain classes on a lvl 200 meta.

The dude on that link(Rugal), is not SO wrong, as a Hoplite you need max Crit rate, Finestra is not enough for mobs 280+. So those points on SPR should’ve gone to DEX instead.
Skill wise, i’d have maxed Pain Barrier, no matter what, it’s useful, even if it’s 4 more seconds. There’s just no more options, Thrust is sh*it and Bash is useful just for PvP.

Instead of WHINING so much, go to the proposal section and ask to improve Gung ho and Concentrate .

Swordmen will appreciate it.

Edit: Not everything is directed to you @haukinyau, my apologize.

I wouldn’t have a problem going Peltasta if the damned Swashbuckling skill doesn’t have any weapon requirement. I always end up getting Highlander because I do not like shields, nor daggers. lol. Don’t even start with the weapon swap, I think it’s great but not everybody has good ping, and yeah I just don’t like swapping weapons. I wish we’d get a future class that can mass taunt without weapon requirement. Or just transfer the Swashbuckling skill to the swordsman tree.

If I’m dual wielding I want it both to be swords. :confounded:

Cathexis has made a proposal for almost all swordsmen skills their quite good tbh imc should absorb cathexis’s proposal not saying all but most of them would definitely shed some light upon swordsman class

Edit: link to Cathexis’s proposal

re: survivability vs +dmg for going sword 2
i dont think this is even debatable. the +15 attack and +8 linear damage from sw 2 wont do you any good. you get a teeny weeny increase in damage compared to the ability to block especially if you’re one-handed (e.g. hoplite 3) getting some con will practically give you not just hp but also block rate. so even if you dont like taunting or tanking, going for pelt will benefit you even as a dps role. you won’t be doing any damage if you’re just lying on the ground eating dirt. as the cliched saying goes, a dead dps is no dps.