Tree of Savior Forum

[RANT] who tf told swordies to be dps?

People can build whatever they want, but they should be prepared for rage or flame if they build something that’s actually fking up others.

He queued up for the dungeon, it wasnt a premade. He has no reason to complain at all. Everyone knows the consequences of auto queue. Also how is the build fking up others?

Honestly all I see is the OP complaining that he didnt get the party he wanted in auto queue.

2 Likes

A swordsman that don’t want to tank automatically fk up your party by becoming a non-factor in dungeon, letting your party trying to clear the dungeon as 4.

Or even worst, they may slow down the party by dispersing mobs.

It’s not about the composition, it’s about how the swordsman don’t understand how to play properly, and is awful with their attitude usually.

do you really think i would raise up this matter if not for the alarming number of sw 2 pve builds running around in dungeons? i would have let it pass if it’s a kind of build you encounter every now and then but recently, i have seen and partied with more sw 2 builds than those with pelt. i dont want to sound narrow-minded and im not forcing everyone to go pelt but i really dont see the reason behind going sw 2 just because they are dps. not to mention the counterproductive behavior of such swordsmen.

And what if there was no swordsman in the party? Like I said OP is just crying he didnt get a good party in auto queue. You are missing the point.

That’s actually better. Most of the time I prefer if there is no swordsman in party, such that they don’t fk up my run.

I can tank better on my 0 CON wizard which deal significantly more damage than them anyway.

It takes a brain to use swordsman properly, but most swordsman player is just retarded.

2 Likes

or become a deadweight

so what made you come up to that conclusion? you keep repeating yourself. please do backread to have a better perspective of the issue here.

“people build whatever they want” is a non-argument. if that’s the case, let’s just close down this forum and stop trying to improve our knowledge of the game and the playerbase behavior and trends. people will just throw this kind of rubbish at you anyway.

Yes this forum should be closed down. Literally this forums is just for kids to cry. Youre mad because someone didn’t build their character to YOUR liking.

3 Likes

he just repeated himself thrice without any proper argument. and i thought i was supposed to be the whiny troll. oh well

2 Likes

this. couldnt have said it better myself. part of the purpose of this post is also to lure out these kind of people since they’ll be easily offended just by reading thread titles. like these little guys over here:

@NotVau @huachimingox28 @Gringe @sykwitit540

i don’t even play swordsman but the sykwit guy is right, you came on here after having a bad party from queueing a dungeon and got angry that he didnt have pelt. You are exactly whats wrong with this community. They dont promote class diversity and only stick to the “meta” wtf exactly is meta in this game? Ive ran into people like you in dungeons who criticize others builds and put them down for being different. This forum is a cesspool of children crying about ■■■■ that is out of their control.

8 Likes

“play how i want you to play so its more enjoyable for me!”

I can see it already. You probably come from LoL and think you know best. You are one of those “mid or feed” guys.

5 Likes

Exactly what i was thinking, League mentality.

This is epic, and he calls me toxic player. Sarcasm on its finest. L O L

6 Likes

No idea why people take sw2 over pelt if they arent going for straight sw3.

I know sw2 gives access to restrain with a max lvl of 5 20% chance correct me if im wrong but that isnt worth skipping pelt for swash buck unless you’re taking pain barrier 10 for pvp

If you’re just going sw2 for gungho and concentrate then you’re wasting 1 rank

I myself hated the meta of swash buck requirement before but i had my reasons as im building sw3-hop-corsair2-shinobi why sw3? Bunshins copy doubleslash, why hop? For spear because sword stats suck and finestra is a good buff which gives extra aoe ratio and bonus dmg from int hopefully this one gets changed to be dex based and corsair2 for party requirement lastly shinobi to maximize DPS

most of the new players naturally will take an enhanced version of a buff that benefited them from the start:

Gungho! Great! Concentrate! Great!

Rank up scenario in their minds:

“Ok next rank, hmmm… Highlander… another class… but i want to go hoplite, so i better not mix my build up too much (pure assumption as i have no experience with the game), eww i dont want pelt coz its a tank (pure assumption again, with no idea how great the taunt is) So i think its best to get sword 2 coz i can get a better gungho and concentrate, and i even get a stun!”

So all in all, you cant really blame the new players, and stop baiting, you’re sounding more and more like a bully now :frowning:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

This is true. New players can easily fall for the sword 2 trap. Will take them a week to reach lv100, get yelled at, reroll an elememe or quit.

I do like a few of the w1Z0rd comments. Get outa my group, I will tank this as wizord. You are useless, even tho I tried a swordman and failed and became an elememe to yell at other swordman. haha you now this sh1t is true.

3 Likes