Tree of Savior Forum

[RANT] who tf told swordies to be dps?

yea but still not worth taking unless both skills gets a % modifier for better scaling till then their both cheap as u said :slight_smile:

then you realize you still get 70 damage from gungho level 5 and 111 damage from concentrate from swordsman 1

With swordsman 2 you only get 85 damage and 119 damage on concentrate+a few more hits.

WOW SUCH GREAT BUFF UPGRADES!

Gungho and Concentrate skills might get reworked in the future, who knows?

But the way the game is going, after lvl 300, parties will need a real tank, than just a “taunter”. Mobs with 500k hp and hitting like a truck are real and coming.

People who picked Peltasta1 just for “taunting” purposes between lvl 300-500, will regret doing it. The same problem some people had in CBT2 picking certain classes on a lvl 200 meta.

The dude on that link(Rugal), is not SO wrong, as a Hoplite you need max Crit rate, Finestra is not enough for mobs 280+. So those points on SPR should’ve gone to DEX instead.
Skill wise, i’d have maxed Pain Barrier, no matter what, it’s useful, even if it’s 4 more seconds. There’s just no more options, Thrust is sh*it and Bash is useful just for PvP.

Instead of WHINING so much, go to the proposal section and ask to improve Gung ho and Concentrate .

Swordmen will appreciate it.

Edit: Not everything is directed to you @haukinyau, my apologize.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I wouldn’t have a problem going Peltasta if the damned Swashbuckling skill doesn’t have any weapon requirement. I always end up getting Highlander because I do not like shields, nor daggers. lol. Don’t even start with the weapon swap, I think it’s great but not everybody has good ping, and yeah I just don’t like swapping weapons. I wish we’d get a future class that can mass taunt without weapon requirement. Or just transfer the Swashbuckling skill to the swordsman tree.

If I’m dual wielding I want it both to be swords. :confounded:

Cathexis has made a proposal for almost all swordsmen skills their quite good tbh imc should absorb cathexis’s proposal not saying all but most of them would definitely shed some light upon swordsman class

Edit: link to Cathexis’s proposal

re: survivability vs +dmg for going sword 2
i dont think this is even debatable. the +15 attack and +8 linear damage from sw 2 wont do you any good. you get a teeny weeny increase in damage compared to the ability to block especially if you’re one-handed (e.g. hoplite 3) getting some con will practically give you not just hp but also block rate. so even if you dont like taunting or tanking, going for pelt will benefit you even as a dps role. you won’t be doing any damage if you’re just lying on the ground eating dirt. as the cliched saying goes, a dead dps is no dps.

I was thinking on improving Warcry as a 2HS taunt skill, but man, magic damage will rekt us once the next level cap is released. And that’s even if you have 30k hp. If you’re a full STR build forget about taunting.

Why choose pelt1 or sw2?
I guess it depends on your play style
both have their own advantage but as i go more on leveling i felt that getting pelt1 is the right choice to go on as swordie with pelt1 i can tank boss on indun and mission without even having a priest you dont even need to become a pure con to tank.
Having able to use shield as subweapon button can block and swashbuckling+provoke will make any boss or mobs aggro to you without thinking they are being attack by your party members.
And after that pelt1 you can even focus to your main attack class w/c can go to hop3+?,cata3,cor2,dop2,barb3+?, with any combination you may want because of weapon swapping you can easily convert to tank or damager.

There I just made a topic in the feedback section :smile:

Once in a while I do get good swordsman in mission even if they don’t have peltasta.

That doesn’t apply to grinding party though. I can grind faster solo than if i were to party a swordsman without peltasta. That’s how useless swordsman without peltasta is nowaday.

Lol. They rekt us anyway even with Pelt (unless you are Rodelero with Slithering, but then again its only for a few seconds). But yeah I think we’ll appreciate having another choice for taunting other than being Pelt with SB

improving the swordsman provoke attribute would do. imagine if you can generate aggro that is just as good as swash buckling just with aoe attacks alone.

the dps aspect of the swordsman tree is already decent concept-wise. probably just some adjustment to the numbers would do the trick. on the other-hand, tanking/taunting circles dont need more upgrades.

it would be nice to have a diversity in swordie playstyle without compromising the swordsman’s role of being the fronliner in parties.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

i think i’ve 'bated enough.

I don’t know if increasing the threat from Provoke would be enough; Swashbuckling is so good at it’s job (not just because it doesn’t have an equivalent) because it gets many enemies at the same time, it’s a “one-button -job-done” skill. But who knows, with the right numbers, running about and hitting individual mobs could be on par with it.

I agree that the dps aspect is is good in concept and making the damage equations similar to Archers’ abilities would greatly improve the option, but even the tanking aspect of Swordsman could use an improvement. From what I hear, tanks are not really needed only wanted. (unless that only applies to sub 200, but either way)

Swordsmen are inherently frontliners because they are melee range fighters. Unless some Swordsman class gets skills that have the range of spells and bows, no amount of diversity is going to change Swordsmen from being a frontline role whether dps or tanking.

1 Like

it’s just sad that as far as tanking is concerned, swordies are more wanted for sb’s cc capability than the rest of the benefits taunting gives. but hey, we’re still in obt and with all the crazy unnecessary bugs in iToS, it’s too much to ask for it - for now.

another problem is the damage mitigation. blocking and tanking is almost useless when facing magic mobs. even trash mobs that have magic damage as their normal attack hurts. it made grinding in 145 horrible. my cata 2 can’t deal much and i can’t kite well since most are ranged magic damage.

Technically, we’re in full release, but yes, it is a sad fact.

Just wait, magic is only going to get worse (according to higher level players). This is why I say normal attacks that count as magic as well as non-stationary magic attacks should have a chance to miss just the same as melee attacks, this can make DEX builds more viable for everyone, not just Swordsmans, and also forces Wizards and more Clerics to get a 2nd stat, because how is 1-stat-dumping fair/fun?

yeah I’ll have to agree with improving the provoke attribute. I’ve done tests in Missions by doing :

1. Provoke attribute on + Swash buckling

2. Provoke attribute off + Swash buckling

3. Provoke attribute on w/o Swash buckling

Both 1 and 2 are effective at generating aggro. Just having the provoke attribute doesn’t do much. And I’m not the kind of swordsman that holds C the entire fight, those are the stupid kind of swordsman.

From my experience in mmorpg not once have i seen any developer implement these kind of changes coming from the player