Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Swordsman Preview (Translations)

I hope two things for Murmillo :

• Shield required for every skill, even Cassis Crista
  • One handed sword or Mace restrictions for every skill because we have enough “spearstyle” (lancer, cata, hoplite, dragoon) and Fencer have already a full set (and maybe more with a “matador”).

i’m curious to know what is the buff for shield attack

We need a basic “1hSword/Shield” or “1mace/Shield”.

I don’t have the hype for the rework of Ninja…copy rod/pel skill…yaw full ninja-shield-throwkunai-invisible-offtank-dealhugeburst of the shadow…what is the logic ?

I think Shinob need a good rework to be effective, its sounds like more an utility/cookie cutter

Only if you can catch him first

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

In the preview it said Lancer is a cavalry class. Pretty sure it’s mounted only…

well Lancer is mount class

so its should give you mount attribute anyway

Well, Fencer is sorta like a 1hand sword class… if you classify a Rapier as a 1hand sword. Or Corsair with DWA. :slight_smile:
All the classes that require a shield for their skills also can use 1hand swords.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I’d cry if this happens

1 Like

Why Tampon ? It’s “fck” your actual build ? :o

I don’t remember where i read something like this " only swordsman can wear a plate armor in a near future" , so pelt/rod/murmillo with strike bonus could do a good damage in pvp againt plate (strike bonus =50% , if i’ not wrong) or not ?

Add class in a game where your character can evolve in different path, it’s a mess if there is no reroll or something similar

See ya !

Ps: sorry for my bad english , not native !

What is intended is that there will be some armor exclusive to swordsman.

Plate by itself should still be universal.

Yeah my build is Sw > Pelt > Hop > Rode3 > X (Dop / Shin / Hop2)
I took Hoplite to try to cover Rode’s weakness - weak against leather/lack of pierce, lack of aoe ratio

I already have too much strike skills to use even outside of Slithering+High Kick. I don’t need my normal attacks to also be Strike. I’d rather have spear so I can deal with leather armoured targets better

This round goes to Fencer, skill looks really good. Combine that with the venier (+2 to all fencer skill). Time to become a fencer xd.

Yea I had that shinobi do a test earlier, and confirmed that the bunshins copy the buffs if you cast gungho before bunshin.

I think only knocked down enemies will trigger the skill and the other mobs just got the hit by the AoE effect (which looks so nice! -).

Sorry man, just sayin’ what I see. Better to set your expectations right, then get very disappointed later on.

I know you have a corsair c2 or c3 somewhere in your build. I mentioned options for current corsairs in my thread here: Rank 8 preliminary thoughts

Hope it helps

1 Like

Murmillo in action XD

murmillo vs barbarian :slight_smile:

Any advice for a Rank 8 pick for my Pelt 1 -> Hop 2 -> Corsair 2 -> Doppel 1?
Im thinking either Corsair 3, Dragoon 1 or Shinobi but i REALLY don’t want shinobi…

Hmm
1.Sword2
-Restrain 5
-Pain Barrier 10
-Concentrate 10 (better scaling once ktos patch comes up)
-Restrain+Cyclone = Stunlock

2.Shinobi
-Not sure if you can take hidden classes disregarding their specific rank
-Kunai
-Bunshin
-Mokuton
-Mijin (self destruct+invi)
-Katon(invi)
-SL+Bunshin+Kunai combo
-Mokuton+Iron Hook combo

3.Doppel 2

• just an upgrade you wont benefit from the c2 skills since you have corsair 2 in you’re rank so i presume that you use DWA and won’t take two handed swords unless im wrong then c2 skills will be nice since its getting buffed along with the r8 patch
    -Cyclone 10
    -DoV 10

The r8 classes (both have gap closers)
Lancer if not mount specific will probably fit you’re build too

Murmillo if you want a some versatility since u got pelt in you’re ranks you can switch weapons from Spear/Dagger to Spear/Shield to make use of its shield skills

Others

Corsair 3 - pass i dont recommend this one until it gets reworked
Dragoon - also pass unless you’re interested on taking its c2 via r9 for the serpentine buff that gives 100% damage to all weapon types but if that serpentine buff would be available at r1 then its up to you

This actually still scales really bad…

I actually dont think that its THAT bad…
But i do think that it should offer more then it does.

But it seems more geared to PvP…

Just melee though…

Might be the only logical pick in this case…
Could also be an effective tank with the ability to block magic (not sure how that works)