Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Swordsman Preview (Translations)

Source: http://tos.nexon.com/community/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=38

Doppelsoeldner (Circle 3)

The strongest grinder become even more powerful in Circle 3. New attributes increasing the attack strength and number of continuous hits will be added to Zucken and Redel, showing off their new blender-like (lit.) power.

A new skill “Jeubeokeuhau” (?) temporarily gives a bonus to slash property attacks. When suitably chained, it can make for powerful grinding (lit.).

Additional attributes that will upgrade certain subskills, such as an attribute for Punish that will increase its area of effect against knocked down enemies.

Fencer (Circle 3)

Fencer, who wields a fast-hitting weapon, will become even stronger with Circle 3.

A C3 Fencer may use “Epee Stance”. While in this stance, a penalty will be applied that prevents the equipped shield from having any effect. However, when pierce attacks generate a critical hit, extreme critical damage will be added according to the level of “Epee Stance”.

If Doppelsoeldner aims to be a blender (lit.), then Fencer aims to be the most powerful machine.

For Fencers who have invested in stats other than DEX, the skill “Estora Villlepante Ballet” (?) which temporarily lowers targets’ critical resistance may come in handy.

A new skill “Attack of Peleu” (?) will, in PvP, cause enemies’ weapons to fall to the ground. In this case, the target will lose all effects conferred by the weapon.

Dragoon (Circle 2)

Dragoon C2 will have its teamplay capabilities improved. Serpentine may be attributed to give all types of melee attacks a 100% damage bonus. Try using this attribute when there are other Swordsmen in your party.

A new skill “Dethrone” has a debuff that affects bosses - a rare sight. When this skill hits, the boss will temporarily suffer reduced movement and attack speed. We are currently trying to decide what bonuses this skill will be given against Small, Medium, Large and Flying monsters. This skill has both a long range and short range knockback. Hence, it will be a useful CC skill when facing many monsters, or in PvP, among other situations.

Templar (Circle 2)

Templar C2 is meant to be a class that will serve as guildmaster for serious combat guilds. C2 allows you to install new structures in your guild hideout. The skill “Forge” increases the physical attack of your guild members.

After installing “Shield Charger”, guild members will gain shields worth 100 HP every minute for a total of 6000 HP every hour or 144,000 HP a day. This shield serves as extra protection, and until the shields break, the guild member using this shield will receive no damage even when attacked. Because the shield will reset to 0 when one guild member uses it, you will have to discuss within your guild who gets to use it. This shield may be used in GvG battles, but cannot be used in Team Battle League.

A new skill “Share Buff” will allow all guild members within the effective range to share one another’s buffs without restrictions. However, the Templar around which this skill is centered cannot move for the duration of the skill.

Lancer (Circle 1)

A new class to come out at Rank 8, Lancer is a knight that will have potent PvP skills.

Lancer will have a buff that greatly increases his resistance to magic circles while moving. Furthermore, a skill that can be used against other mounted classes and does 3 times the amount of damage to them.

A skill “Crush” that temporarily reduces the effects of enemies’ armours. It can also be attributed to move summoned objects, and so allows Lancer to break through the enemies’ defence lines in guild battles.

The skill “Joust” can inflict Shock and Silence debuffs on enemies. It can also destroy enemy magic circles, and is therefore very powerful in battles involving strong magic (the latter function will be added only in Circle 2).

Murmillo (Circle 1)

Murmillo is a class that balances between offense and defense. Murmillo can wear a helmet of the mythical doll called “Kasiseu Keuliseuta” (?) that confers the following effects:

• When wearing [item name], reduce movement speed and evasion towards melee attacks.
  • In exchange, increases the block rate against long range attacks, including bow and magic attacks.
  • Through an attribute, increases the damage of offensive skills delivered via shields, including those of Peltasta and Rodelero.
  • As a less important detail, nullifies the chance of being stunned when using the “Headbutt” skill.

Reviving forgettable/forgotten skills [referring to Peltasta/Rodelero ones].

Will also gain a raid-type wide-area skill that deals bonus damage to stunned monsters. This skill can be chained to support other skills like “Headbutt”.

^ A battering washboard! Murmillo is the most aggressive among all the shield-using classes.

32 Likes

Seems like Fencer has a Disarm: nullify the effect of the enemies’ weapon skill (PvP).
The lancer(?) Spear class is able to dismount players.

Now all Shinobi has to wait for someone to datamine or preview what happened to them on Rank 8. Hope that Shinobi C2 is not fcked up. Thanks for this thread TS!

Rip to all hidden class cause shinobi will not have a c2 since its a hidden class. It will stay as c1 unless imc change its way

1 Like

I do hope a class that sync with a shinobi though rather than just swordsman skills.

Where can i find an info regarding hidden classes wont have c2??

Hidden classes only have one circle. There’s no C2 Chaplain or Runecasters, so no C2 Shinobi either.

I’m in a love-hate relationship with Murmillo.
Shield damage increase? Amazing.
Good AoE skill and another shield bash-esque skill? Give me this now.
An amazing addition to my Rodel/Strike damage build.

BUT THE HELMET IS SO UGLY QQ

4 Likes

fencer new stance - epee stance ?
rushing and stripping enemy weapon. looks like fencer gonna be a pvp class -.-

serpentine gives double dmg debuff o.0
hop-dragon2 gonna wreck life -.-

lancer can drop people from their mount
gonna funny seeing 2 cata lancers fighting each other
that magic circle breaker looks nice.

murmillo - a shield class apparently.

Damn those Korean Fencer skill names are hard.

1 Like

Seriously?? Well then, it seems those who went SwordC2>BarbC2>CorsC2>Shinobi will be having a hard time deciding then… including me…

I hope swordies receive kToS buffs too, and i don’t even play as swordsman. Btw, r8 seems to be good

Oh, thank goodness. Was really hoping for Murmillo to be strike based.

Edit: Looks like we have a ton of single target strikes still. Hoping the accumulated amount of % typing makes up for them.

I’m lovin’ the Doppel skills. :heart_eyes:

Seems like Murmillo skills are only usable when you wear that helmet. So Murmillo is like a Stance class. Wonder which other class skills are usable when you are in Gladiator-helmet mode.

Most likely you go murmillo, Hoping his skill does not rely on “shield” but more to wearing a helm to use its skills regardless of what type of weapon you use.

Cant really go lancer, Dont think you want to go dragoon/and previous class either (well not stopping you to go barba c3/cor c3/sw c3)

I honestly dont like fencer c3. I might just go murmillo if its skill doesnt have weapon restriction (rapiieerrrrrrrr)

Lancer looking like anti-magic.

I agree with u if some of murmillo skills does not require shield. But i think ill go Cors C3 to buff hexen and DD… too bad clones do no copy those… sigh…

i wonder if it can destroy raise.
or will they get raised instead o.0

Looks like the devs took Cataphract’s Steed Charge, and pasted the Cleric oracle skill effect ‘counter spell’ on it. So your character turns into an AoE ground magic dispeller during the charge. Neat.

Doppel 3 it is. Rerolling, even if it still fails (or not, who knows) near elememes, I need that. That’s awesome, i love it.

2 Likes