Tree of Savior Forum

Rank 8 Swordsman Preview (Translations)

Need confirmation if Murmillo works with Spears//Mace. Block magic might be related to Slithering or High guard getting some attribute. All we know about Murmillo is:

1. more damage to shield based skills;
  2. AoE skill;
  3. ugly a$$ helmet (and it’s properties like -mov spee, -evade, stun immunity).

What do you guys think of a Sword3 Cata3 Dopel1 Lancer build as an alt to Catagoon2 or Goonlancer?

Just gonna pickup lv.5 on DPE, DoV and Mordschlag (since you can’t use Cyclone or Punish when mounted).

why dopel ?_? :confused:

If auto swap is implement, im sure alot more combination can be done, although some skill are weapon restrict. Hope imc will consider it.

I can’t get creative enough on what to fill the R7 slot. Kind of a dilemma.

I feel like Dragoon C2, which naturally will have Dragoon C1 for R7, is best suited for DPS builds e.g. a Cata3 build with a rank in Hoplite (Serpentine + Stabbing would be sweet)

Lancer on the other hand I think is the natural progression for the current PVP meta for cata (sword3 cata3) due to the utility and PVP support it provides. Dragoon C1 for R7 seems lackluster without going Dragoon C2.

EDIT: Oh man, I totally forgot about 2H spear bonus that comes with picking Dragoon. :smile:

I think I’m sold for Goon C2. Anyways, I’ll probably still have a long grind to go and by the time I’ll hopefully face the R8 question, there’ll be enough info on whether Lancer or Goon C2 is better.

Was that for me?

/20

I think Lancer focus on GvG and Dragoon on PvE/PvP.

I think lancer focus on PvP/GvG and dragoon c2 focus on PvE.

About Dethrone: “This skill works with both short and long ranges, meaning it can be used to slay multiple monsters at once or target opponents in PvP battles.” Doppel 3 seems all about PvE though :confused:

Lancer can shock and silence mages tho and it has many powerful anti-personnel skills which means it is for PvP while dragoon is for PvE.

No <It was clearly for Biskee, sorry if it was confusing in any way>

try corsair 1 for iron hook if you’re aim is for pvp its attribute that lets you hook 3 foes at once is good not sure if it works on team battles as i haven’t tried pvp yet (currently busy with the new repeatables…) and it automatically latches onto anybody near you’re target

also Jolly Roger unity provides a dodge of 0.5/attribute level so that gives you some support it dismounts you though but if you’re aim is for more offense then ye doppel would fit you’re needs

Yes, hook works in team battle (just joined a couple of fights awhile ago with a corsair teammate/enemy).

Not really sold on corsair though. I feel like the 50% damage boost from Dopel’s DoV is better and cata isn’t meant to stay in place, you must keep moving.

So it’s either dopel or dragoon c1 for me if I ever decide to go lancer. Guess we’ll really have to wait for more info.

If Dethrone has decent CD or at least overheat, and tha Restrain stacks with it, I think it’ll be useful in group PvP as well.

I just participated in a couple of team battles earlier (won 4 of 5 matches woohoo) and can say that even my R6 Sw3 cata3 can already match up against R7 classes. Absolutely fun class to play already.

yeah DoV’s really good to pass up, im even considering dopel as my r8 if lancer skills are mount specific :imp:

My Character High>3 Cor2 Fencer1 No idea to play R8 :sweat:

how about more fencer ?_?

Honest answer: I would roll a different toon unless you’re already 280 with that then maybe try picking Fencer C2 as @DrRM suggested and see if it’s not that bad. :frowning:

Can u help me build Murmillo ? I love Spartacus series very much.

Sword & shield pve my plan sw1 pel1 barb1 rod3 barb2 murmillo ?? need opinion

Sorry if me ask too much and my bad english :sweat_smile:

Sorry I don’t have personal experience except for the Sw3 Cata3 route.

In theory, I do think that build could work but it’d be best to wait for the exact details regarding murmillo. Maybe swap Rod C3 to make room for Barb C3 instead? Stronger Barb skills and finishers.

1 Like