Tree of Savior Forum

Rainbow Trek event is unrewarding as popo

@MrFioz I think we need to recognise the issue that you have to use a 3rd-party add-on to change camera angles to understand the jump :tired:

Some of us are really bad at transparent object depth perception :tired:

If you keep jumping the same way on multiple attempts then try jumping a different angle (i.e. jump from a corner to corner or switch to jumping edge to edge); people have a tendency to keep repeating the same mistake out of sheer stubbornness.

Of course using addons like object detector and zoomy will help you learn faster tooā€¦

i actually like it, too bad i thought thereā€™s going to be new music

now i want the christmas track back

Jingle bells
Jumping hell
Get the gift of the day
Oh thatā€™s fine
If you whine
Itā€™s free stuff anyway

Yeah, I was thinking there was going to be some special musicā€¦ but no.

Anyway, the point of contact for the platforms and your char is way at the bottom of your feet. Iā€™m not entirely sure how using a controller changes that, but if that portion of your char canā€™t make the jump, then you either didnā€™t time your jump right or youā€™re lagging.

I do recognise the issue, not trying to defend this event, actually I kind of hate it lol

Same sentiments. I went in expecting some new epic music but I got the OST instead.

I love listening to this while I attempt the rainbow trek event.

5 Likes

Thanks on this.

You always run so smooth and with lesser lag compared to my normal everyday playing experience.
oh well, my location from the server is quite far, all the while using a 4-year old laptop.
:tired:

i was also half expecting them to use future music like uno impetu and exorcism, but no.

just to add:

one platform is permanently invisible iircā€¦ i think itā€™s something in my settings or the files in my client, but i donā€™t know exactly what.

Strange to have a invisible tile. That stretch of tiles is all 1 directional, try jumping from the edge then count around 2 steps and jump again. 1 tile is roughly around 2 steps of the characterā€™s stride from side to side and 3 steps from edge to edge (diagonally)

@MrFioz Thanks for telling me about the Orsha tiles. Now they are much easier to jump.

Got Orsha down to 2:11

Klaipeda to 3:11 - The entire section 2 can be skipped O.O

Fedimian around 3:05 but I think can hit around 2:50 ~ish.

My best so far, nice event!!

1 Like

For the elevator in Orsha, you can jump as soon as it starts ascending, no need to wait that long. Iā€™ve seen people do it from the lowest position, but Iā€™ve never been able to pull it off.

The very first elevator in Klaipeda (about 0:28) is irrelevant, I always just jump right past. The elevator after the 3rd attribute is also irrelevant.

I havenā€™t tested it myself, but it may be faster to take the regular route to the blue elevators, then do the skip. Iā€™m going to try now.

Donā€™t stop running!

I do this event with zoomyplus from a top-down perspective, so itā€™s interesting for me to see people run it like it should be.

1 Like

Many thanks for the tips. I exhausted my runs today, will try tomorrow XD

It seems you can only do the Klaipeda skip from the highest elevation.

I actually managed to match my personal best (3:26 no skip) with some falling down and messing around with the skip, so I think with some luck on the elevator section you can get under 3:00. I think jumping from the chimney is iffy, since I think the elevator above it is messing with your jump heights.

In normal 3D games, invisible walls are really tall, but apparently this one is too short.

ā€“

I only got 3 bonuses today (all CM vouchers tooā€¦).

So Iā€™m at Golden Anvil x4, Attributes x4, and CM voucher x7 for 60 runs.

ā€“

Offtopic, but I managed to roll a great Phys Attack, Crit Attack, with Crit Rā€¦

esistance. :tired:

can you pass me down your zoomy angle? thanks :smiley:

Considering that nobody hasnā€™t shared the Rainbow Trek bugs yet. Iā€™ll show a couple of them that i have found myself:

Klaipeda Trek:

-Walk all the way from the entrance to the spot where the market NPC should be located. Jump the house and youā€™ll skip the first part. Ezpz right?

Orsha Trek:

-After passing the first checkpoint, walk all the way to the spot on the image above and click on the Telepathy Device, it will skip all that annoying part and teleport you to the ā€œred portalā€ to continue the final trek.

Fedimian Trek:

To be added

Enjoy!

9 Likes

Currently iā€™m doing klai 3 attri and then quit, orsha 2 attri and quit and full fedi, its around 8-9 min max

Orshaā€™s completion box can give you 2x 500 Attribute Points. :wink:

i found a celtic cover for gott mit uns OwO
which has this airy highland feel to it OwO
kinda soothes the jumpy soul =w=

of course if you feel like raging

thereā€™s always the original version >:3

2 Likes

Play smarter, not harder.

Iā€™m seeing a lot of people with lv 1 characters doing the runs just for the very first attribute chests, which are super easy to get.

First two in orsha, first two in Fedi, and the three in Klai.

Trade attribute tickets through team storage later.

^ what i do actually XD

Iā€™m starting to see this event more and more horribleā€¦ I dunnoā€¦ I canā€™t even rly say it is exploitā€¦ because those who can actually do and finish the event the normal way in 2-3 mins on 1 characterā€¦can do that on 20 too if they have that much anywayā€¦ and they still get better rewardsā€¦

Anyway at the end I feel like it is a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up event againā€¦ and yes Iā€™m partly jealousā€¦but I donā€™t like itā€¦

Also the title of this topic starting to be a bitā€¦ funnyā€¦

1 Like