Tree of Savior Forum

Rainbow Trek event is unrewarding as popo

Yes you expected this thread to pop up anytime

This new platform jumping is absolute hell compared to the old one in terms of difficulty. (at least theres no clear time so you can take your time). Pretty much 80% of the jumps are so stretched you have to do a near-ledge jump which succeeds at 40-60% chance depending how good you are at it. I was fairly good at the old event, but as I tried the Orsha one, it took me 11 minutes to clear it since I kept failing and failing the stupid insanely long jumps.

I’m not here to complain about the difficulty though (even though its a bit too hard for some people Id imagine). Im here to complain about the rewards being absolute ■■■■. The map specific rewards are A CHANCE and not even god damn guaranteed.

I felt like I just wasted 11 mins of my time only to get 3x ench scrolls and 3x 100 attri tickets + shard. At least the enchant scrolls are something, but I wouldnt even bother trying to do the event just for those. If those map specific rewards would at least be guaranteed it would make it more reasonable to actually play. Now you are just basically gambling whether you wasted your time or not.

Yes I am angry how did you guess :tired:

3 Likes

Stop doomposting, it’s free stuff, you don’t have the right to complain.!?§?.

5 Likes

Orsha is probably the easiest, haven’t tried fed yet but klaipeda is annoying, lol

Updating some of these for record, as you can see we get better every try, don’t feel to bad, just relax and keep trying, you’ll get used to it eventually.

Edit:

Okay, fed is actually pretty easy too. around 8 mins average.

Just relax, try to chat around on floating tiles if it helps you, I like that you get to interact with other people while doing it, it’s funny and brings a bit more room for communication.

3 Likes

I dunno, it’s actually really generous of them to give us attribute vouchers that can be put in team storage instead of the previous event where they’re timed and untradeable. The event runs for 4 weeks, and if you manage to get all 9 (100 attribute) vouchers everyday on 1 char, you’d have 25.2m worth of attribute points that you can transfer to your main char. Multiply that by the number of chars you have and you’ll probably be able to max out a few skill enhancements.

It’s just the first day. You’ll get the hang of it sooner or later.

If you’re using zoomy, try out this camera angle /zplus rotate 45 65
it’ll be easier to gauge the distance between platforms.

4 Likes

It’s not even worth the stress
the rewards are garbage lol

2 Likes

Yeah I probably recommend orsha only to anyone that gets mad fast.

It’s mario on drugs

Once you learn the route, it’s just execution. I can accept that I didn’t hit the jump button (YES I FUCKING DID YOU STUPID GAME) in time before walking off a cliff, or that I didn’t catch a platform at the apex of my jump. Those are totally my fault. I think the only thing that really irritates me is the first platform for each section… do those really have to change elevation?

I use “/zplus rotate 89 89”. You can chat macro it too (use “/zplus reset” to fix it). This will give a top down perspective. You will need to figure out the elevations on the moving platforms though.

Just got a 6:20 (Orsha) on my second char after flailing around for 42:50 on my first try. All the Orsha chests are in the first portion of Orsha, before you hit the red warp. The 500 points are not tradable.

The jumping platforms bug your character jump if they’re going down for no reasons, just developers trolling players as always

I mean, cmon
A good game should test a player’s skill, not his patience

2 Likes

I got the same problem. Sometimes the platforms don’t show up, become invisible (even the moving ones), sometimes they show up on weird places too, sometimes the moving platforms don’t physically move, but you see your character floating and ascending/descending.

though in hindsight this might be a setting problem on my end (?)

edit:
for some reason the tiles don’t even appear for some of my characters, with all the effects checked, and already relogged in

Once again Orsha been the better everything :3

I swear if Orsha had the missing npcs I would never touch klaipeda nightmare channels :expressionless:

EDIT:
@randomranter your problem is caused by both lag and settings resetting for some weird reason :confused:

happens to me all the time with some hilarious/annoying effect xD

3 Likes

the collisions are a mess, so many times I ended up falling off the platforms for no apparent reason.

then give me your attribute points for free if they worth so little to you >.>

300 attrib points+1 shard+2 enchant scrolls+low chance of bonuses isn’t a bad idea for 5-10 mins run.

1 Like

I hate the Klaipeda run, especially the 1st area before the checkpoint near the storage area. ><

So far Fedimian is the easiest for me, on average around 4-5 mins clear. Orsha is around 5-7mins. Klai is the worst, average around 12mins.

The event rewards isn’t that bad, I’ve stocked up around 60x 100 attribute tix from the event today. Getting 45x attribute vouchers daily for 2 weeks can give quite a substantial boost for an alt in terms of attributes.

1 Like

31 min is my best yet… :tired:

I hope I can get better…but I’ll most likely just give up if it gets on my nerves… :sad:

Takes a while to learn but once you ran it multiple times you’ll jump continuously without falling

It’s not free stuff, you pay for it with your time and effort. If it’s hard and not worth doing it’s a problem because now there is no event, could be doing Pokemon event right now, or creepy Klaipeda or even that dumb rock one, but instead it’s an extremely laggy, long and difficult jump quest that gives mediocre rewards on rare occasion.

1 Like

Entered the event instance just to get uber-frustrated within 15 min. And then - guess what - there’s no possibility to even exit this idiocy - you will have to spend 60 min (1 hour there)!
Just unbelievable!
And this when you think that they simply can’t do anything more tedious, annoying and infuriating. But they can. They always can.
[Sarcasm] Good job, IMC! Keep on it to get rid of the rest few players you have… [/sarcasm]

you can right click the debuff timer to exit

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, Lostac - it helped.

I’d like to add the following to my outburst above:

1. the ‘event’ is very poorly designed: it’s totally unplayable with the mouse mode and even for the keyboard mode the way the platforms are designed leads to not being able to jump on in 90% of cases. If you fall you start from the beginning and this causes only anger and frustration. This, for the lack of a better word, ‘event’ is so out of the game’s framework that I am a complete loss about it’s purpose (‘content’ for the ‘conten’s’ sake I suppose) - no logic, no sense… I think, next time they will squeeze in karaoke. >_< [sarcasm] Why not - let’s pile together everything and all, players do LOVE this after all. [/sarcasm]
  2. If I wanted to play some platformer game, I’d… play some platformer game. But I don’t like them so I don’t play them. If that is their understanding of the game ‘progress’, I don’t think I’ll stay here long, cause when I came here I came for isometric RPG not for a stupid jumping arcade.
  3. Opponents may say - ‘If you don’t like it - don’t take part in it’; and they’d be right, of course. I personally won’t and not only because I strongly disliked it (I lived with the Fedimian ‘event’ after all) but because I simply can’t do it. And if it was just a ‘fun’ event for those who like these kind of things, I wouldn’t feel so bitter about it. But it gives rewards that move those how takes part even further.
1 Like