Tree of Savior Forum

Rainbow Trek event is unrewarding as popo

It’s all about the position of the platforms. Their glowing aspect and camera angle can easily trick you. If you couldn’t reach in the first try, jump again aiming another angle. I always get confused thinking the next platform is towards the left side, but it is actually on the right (and vice-versa).

Once you memorize the route, is pretty easy. Same as the previous christmas event. Hope I can get some 500 attribute tickets. Silver saver!

:satisfaction:

EDIT: For me, anxiety came when I realized everybody was in the same instance. I was nervous with people falling and jumping around, it was pretty intense haha

1 Like

When it comes to whether or not the reward is worth it, it just completely depends on how fast you are. 2:33 is extremely worth it for 300k worth of attribute points, 1 blessed shard, and 2 enchant scrolls. Yeah, then you even have a chance of bonus rewards past that, but those alone are enough to make it a great reward.

This is only day 1, so it’s only going to get faster from here.

1 Like

that’s the average for me,too.

Fedimian is the easiest one, and if you want just a quick grab, you can get 200 attribute points in about 2-3 minutes.

This is by far the easiest one with the most lenient mess-up points (not in the first part,though, it’s annoying if you don’t know from where to jump and glitching off/through platforms happen a lot, or stuttering because it’s loading something, causing your jump to shorten) and the easiest to memorize with also the least direction changes.

I actually cleared it with all of my chars in about 4-5 minutes each, but it’s barely worth the time spent on the shard&scrolls (let’s not talk about the challenge mode entry vouchers, I got them on chars that will never ever enter challenge mode :tired: ), so the best option is to grab the 2-3 attribute point vouchers and restart with the next char.

That way you can get about 1000-4000 (or more) attribute points in about 10-40 minutes, depending on the number of characters.
This event is actually more like: “less is more” than trying to complete it (especially hard if the game dislikes your controller), and it’s a good reward given that we will have the new Classes in about 2 months, so it’s time to grab for these free attribute points and hoard them for Exorcist :satisfaction:

btw, I’m not using zoomy plus

I calmed down, breathed deeply and then tried ‘easy’ Fedimian - I simply can’t jump a couple of platforms…
I can see them all right but I always either miss them or the jump button won’t work in time. Tried for another quarter of an hour in vain…

And that is exactly what made me very sad.
Some players will have dozens of millions (in terms of attributes points) within the ‘event’ from nowhere for just half an hour a day while for me this is unplayable and therefore sets my poor chars even more behind.
If only this was just 1-time occurrence, but now I see that this has been and will be the general practice…

I can understand difficult dungeons, challenges or ET content, I can even ‘understand’ RNG of the Raid instance (when you pay 4+kk (or 2-3 hours in challenges and 1kk on craft) for just 1 entry and get… Nothing). But this… this I simply cannot accept (happened to become ‘1-thing-to-much for me)’ . Being a recent player it is nearly impossible to catch the train with old players (even with just 1 character). And now this… It sets those with arcade skills even further while I cannot even hope for just 1 decent item or raise Enhance attr higher than +50…

And on top of it all they are introducing yet another new update with tons of new stuff that will turn even this crazy rat-race upside down.

Well, happy farming to anyone who cares about it. For me it is over. GL to everyone.

1 Like

Meanwhile in regions that actually matter.

Ran it with 20 chars, all 3 towns.

Got the bonus 6 times.

That’s 10%, assuming the bonus % is equal for all towns.

Orsha is easiest, given the long stretches of single direction and relatively forgiving checkpoints.

Fedimian has some ridiculous jumps, but is pretty short.

Klaipeda is just really long, and the attribute points are out of the way.

So I tried Orsha until the timer ran out. Couldn’t beat it. I’m soooo good at this, obviously…:roll_eyes::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

My experience as someone who really liked the last platforming event; seems like they really made these maps more evil. Klaipeda requires edge-jumps right at the start, Fedimian has invisible walls at some jumping places (IMC!?!) and the second part needs some perfect high-jumps. Klaipeda felt like the easiest one in general since it’s the most linear map.

Still, since I’m not crazy about grinding I like running this event. Less attribute points, but since they’re tradeable now you can give them all to your main if you want. 3 shards per character is also cool. I can clear every map in around 4 minutes so far so it feels worth it to me.

Except Klai only has a single checkpoint, so if you mess up, you have to start all over.
I completed it once, never going back there again.

EDIT: Forgot about the middle part, the super easy part of Klaipedia, still Level 1 and 3 are hell on Klai.

I managed to get my clear times down to 5-8minutes each and it’s only the second day. Practice makes perfect bro.

Git gud brah :v
20charizards

14mins on both Klaipeda and Orsha, 8mins on Fedimian.

I have to say Orsha is the hardest, followed by Klaipeda and Fedimian is the easiest.

Nearly threw my keyboard doing Orsha with all its bankjumps and high jumps that might make your head hit the ceiling and stop the jump short :hey:

1 Like

If you have zoomy plus installed flip the Y axis to 60 and it will make a lot of the obscure jump angels much clearer.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve cleared them all already but my only complaint is that the perspective can be tricky about where the next platform truly is so maybe this helps.

Chest locations and where to position for some difficult jumps. The klaipeda section still need more practice, timing not consistent.

Klaipeda is still the hardest for me, although I got the fastest map run times from that map (3min 35s).

2 Likes

I’d kill for a 3:35 Klaipeda, my best is a 3:54.

Though, my best Orsha is 2:18, Fedi is 3:07.

Finished another 20 chars today, still 10% for bonus.

I thought I’ll just go in for the attribute chests in klaipeda then come out… I got the first 2 easily… but then I fall down like 10 times before the 3rd one and I gave up… xD

Anyway actually it would work… to just go in for the 300 attribute points… but I’m that lame that I can’t even do that xD… Maybe I should just stick to 200/char xD that’s still something.

Another one faling miserably at this event, as I did before with the other one. I fail the easiest jumps, because my clicks are not accepted, on the other hand, if the game accepts them I can easily do the difficult ones - just random. Guildmates told me that I’m crazy trying this with mouse, and that i should use controller. I have no controller and I’m used to mouse. Real pitty that this can only be done with the right input device.

edit: btw I have tons of crashes since the update, which i didnt have before. The randomness of bugs and glitches really makes me sad.

If it makes things better: I use the keyboard and my button presses are also not accepted, which is why I still haven’t managed to finish even a single map (didn’t even get a single checkpoint in Fedimian even after 40 mins, finally gave up). I did try my controller, but the thing is… it’s different. As in, the jumps register, but it’s like the character, while visually in the same spot, is registered as being a bit higher up once I’m on controller. Hence I failed even more jumps. I think unless you’re used to that weird position change from normally using a controller, it’s easiest to stick with what you are used to.

Not that it helped me. I gave up on the event for good now. I can reach the first attribute points chest in Orsha after maybe 10 minutes, but that’s as far as I can get there. Absolutely no luck at all in the other cities. I’m done, I wasted four hours of my life on this already and I can make much more by just normal leveling.

actually what for you are the hardest jumps in Orsha are very easy, use zoomy to change angle to understand, do the first jump when the moving platform is down, then while on the moving platform, do the 2nd while it’s up, never failed me

1 Like