Tree of Savior Forum

R8 map magic defense?

But what bracelet and necklace? I have max petamion… and 1 battle bracelet so far.

high upgrade sup. guardian necklace is a budget option (about 20mdef more than max pentamion)
expensive option are trandescend drag or ET necklace.

some archer class that aren’t restrict weapon stance can also use shield(sage, didel tower,315)
hackapell can also use 315 purple sword

You need high/decent m.def bracelet. My char is locked into sissel x2.
I choose superior guardian necklace to transend, cheaper than max petamion. But you already have max peta, just upgrade & transend it.

I just worry that even max petamion w/ transcendence won’t make a difference and the only way to survive will be to use these necklaces/braclets that are purely magic defence w/ transcendence… which is pretty frustrating… Thanks!

Cloth set with cloth armor mastery maxed also nets a nice amount of mdef.
should grant you around 200+ additional mdef. Then there’s Lionhead shield for the one-handed Archers which nets another ~550 mdef at Rank 8. With this,you should get around 1000 mdef easily.

Also, Maven Necklace seems nice if you get hit for magic damage continuously, as it increases your mdef by 6 every time you get hit by magic (up to +120 mdef). It’s also not so expensive to upgrade (just a little more than max petamion).

Aside from this, upgrading&transcending accessories seems the only other option…

Nuaele Lv10 x 5 at least.

Nothing theorized, see below:

Wearing Cloth Set with no shield at Lv50 mastery with R8 bonus already hits almost 1000 M.Def

Aim for 2.5K M.Def to have all existing FIELD mobs (not bosses) hit you for 1 damage.

I just feel like I’ve always heard “go plate” for archers, but here we are… is it going to be common to have multiple sets, such as plate for pvp and then cloth for pve now? I can’t afford a lionhead shield at the moment, but would it be recommended to just invest in cloth for now? I just don’t want to end up going cloth on top of plate, and then find out I wasted the money down the road. Thanks so much. :slight_smile:

There’s currently nothing in the game that can replace the 3 or 4 part Cloth effect that the mastery gives at this time.

Physical defense is easy to achieve with Yellow Gems and upgrade, and there’s always a Pardoner out there with Lv17 Aspersion.

Look at this image closely, it has 981 Evasion (even bosses miss almost all the time). If a physical attack hits, it has 1.8K PDef (can bring a lot of damage to 1) to soak it up.

You can’t dodge magic, you can soak it up with HP (red gems) or reduce it with Magic Defense (and % Magic Damage Reduction from 3 or 4 part cloth) or negate it completely with a skill.

For physical attack mitigation, you have a plethora of choices. For magic, it’s a no brainer choice. Nuaele or bust.

PS: You can also transcend your accessories (bracelets/necklace) and upgrade them for more Magic Defense.

At the end of the day, if you’re chasing Plate Set because of P.Def, it’s not that necessary.

2 Likes

Sold. I’ll invest in cloth armor. I guess it’s obvious, you can’t do everything. So if I’m going to go w/ plate and full glass mole cards to be a glass cannon, I’ll get wrecked by magic… or I can go w/ full cloth with nuale and lose quite a bit of damage, but at least I’ll be alive… since you do 0 damage when you’re dead right? Thanks so much!

1 Like

Dead DPS is no DPS :smiley:

Disclaimer: Everything I mentioned is purely from a PvE standpoint (no ET), I reckon it’ll do well [in ET] regardless, give or take a few changes to stat distribution or headgear stats.

1 Like

I choose plate top and bottom, since I would transend them. I need more defensive stat for solmiki content (aiming for around 2k2~2k5 p.def and m.def).
Grynas greaves (x2 blue gem) is my choice for multi-char, I still not decicde with boots for my archer.
I’m bow-user, so lion-shield is out of my choice.

Which plate gear are you using?

if you’re rich wind runner with 3blue gem is good.
if no I think grynas or elkosh arefine

No I need eva too, maybe I will use hasta leather. Lolo leather boots has only 1 slot, too bad xD

I’m using:

• Top: virtov plate (+3) with x2 lv5 yellow gem. Waiting for lolo top.
  • Bottom: lolopanther bottom with x2 lv6 red gem (I put it before def stat boost per rank patch, maybe I will switch to x2 lv7 yellow gem later). Transend to stage 4.
  • Gloves: grynas gauntles (bonus 3-plate-pcs when I using hasta leather boots) / vubble (aoe attack) / bone gauntle (block pen purpose).
  • Boots: grynas greaves with x2 lv5 blue gem. I will switch to hasta leather later.

Before you make your final decision, I’ll just leave this here:

No headgears equipped, SHOVEL equipped (LoL):

Guess what, you also get P.Def when you transcend Cloth gear.

That’s right, 2x Zachariel Bangles

+6 seems to be my comfortable upgrade for more expensive gear.

That’s 1972 PDef and 1790 MDef without headgears.

If I wear 'em all (def/mdef headgears), this is the outcome:

Still wearing just a Shovel for offhand and already I’ve reached the balance some people “oh so desire”.

I can push the P.Def to 3000 if I equip purely P.Def headgear.
I can push the M.Def to 2500 if I equip purely M.Def headgear.

Stage 2 trans is cheap, especially for armor/accessories.

I can add up to three (3) more Nuaeles to hit 80% M.Def and/or transcend or upgrade my upper/lower further to get more P.Def.

This is one set doing it all (evasion is useless here).

#In both scenarios, all I see are 1s.

1 Like

Minor update to my archer that’s also wearing +6 Cloth (Virtov Upper/Lower) with 2x Lv6 Yellow Gems as well.

922 Evasion while wearing +0 Wind Runner (with 3x Lv6 Blue Gems).

I don’t even want Evasion but I have so much of it.

I’m literally trying so hard to stop you from wasting your investment on a plate set (because I already did that before), only to realize that with the RANK BONUS and GEM CHANGES (along with the nerf to Plate Mastery from before), you don’t need plate anymore.

2 Likes

For a cloth set, would the extra gem slot do more than going vine boots for the additional magic damage reduction on cloth 4/4? It has 7 DEX 1 MS and 2 gem slots.

Go for Vine, I have one too, I’m just wearing the Wind Runner to drive a point (that Evasion is not the goal). A +0 Wind Runner has 7 base Evasion.

Squint closely at the 3rd Skill Bar, slot 5. :smiley:

Karacha XBow + Manamana + Wind Runner = my spoiled archer’s running togs.

You’ve made your point like 10 times now. I thank you for each of them. :smiley:

1 Like