Tree of Savior Forum

R8 map magic defense?

Go for Vine, I have one too, I’m just wearing the Wind Runner to drive a point (that Evasion is not the goal). A +0 Wind Runner has 7 base Evasion.

Squint closely at the 3rd Skill Bar, slot 5. :smiley:

Karacha XBow + Manamana + Wind Runner = my spoiled archer’s running togs.

You’ve made your point like 10 times now. I thank you for each of them. :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s my sendoff for you :slight_smile:

My lodge, where even my lowbies wear cloth with Yellow Gems. :sunglasses:

1 Like

if you swordman plate armor is the best choice , shade greaves ftw

what cloth glove is good choice for non-magic class for 4/4 bonus? only roxona?

Hasta Gloves for more mdef or Vine Gloves for Accuracy+ poison property attack should do fine, as you can always switch them out for other ones if not threatened by magic mobs.

I use plate and have 5.5k magic defense.

What’s your secret?

nuaele+lionhead+1h magic defense weapon.

Well damn… that’s a pricey item to get… but you have a point.

If you paid attention to any of what I posted, my archer is wearing Nepenthes Gloves (Cloth with Accuracy stat), with +5 DEX too.

Cheap and easy to acquire. It’s a Lv15 quest equipment with two (2) slots.

You forgot to quote [quote=“Sandu, post:30, topic:346830”]
1h magic defense weapon.
[/quote]

aka Pierene Sword. In short, that’s two (2) Practonium worth of items already.

I get the 2.5K without a single 315+ equipment, or anything above Stage 2 transcend and only five (5) Nuaele cards (I can add up to three more).

Additionally, I haven’t bought the Enchanter’s MDef buff yet, so there’s that. That’s my standing stats without any Practonium based gear and no buffs.

AKA very achievable.

Instead of wasting your money or/on Practonium(s), buy Lv1 Nuaele cards instead. They go for about 5.5 ~ 7.0m here in Varena, the total cost of five (5) of these would still be just under a single Practonium (+ you can buy them one at a time).

Level them up by using all your characters (below Lv290) to rush Lv50 DGs. Reroll the cube (pay 20k), and you have a very high chance of getting a card.

Rinse-repeat to level up your cards quickly.

Getting that +10 / 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 percent (%) and beyond M.Def via Nuaele will pay more dividends than dumping your money on a Pierene Sword and/or Lionhead shield to compensate for the missing M.Def and Magic Damage Reduction (via 4/4 effect) you can’t get thru Plate.

Paying that minuscule 700 to 900 Silver for a Lv17 Aspersion from Pardoner is enough to jack up your P.Def with just Yellow Gems in tow.

Final note: Solmiki Plate set is probably the only exception as that has a 7-part set effect specific to people’s needs. Then again, if you’re wearing [that], you don’t need advise. :triumph:

For now im fine: 4k Pdefense (buffed) / almost 6k Mdefense (buffed).
Only trans 6+ can make my character bleed :V

I thought cloth mastery 4x set only give flat skill level *0.5 then multiply by class rank. So you only missed out 50 ish. Could argue for 3x cloth just for their mdef stat and not committing the whole slot and leave for wind runner or glove.

Is there any hidden bonus for cloth mastery or am I missing something? I test it in game and it doesn’t add much.

Yeah, if you wear all cloth you will reduce 10% magic attack.

Thank you, I saw the glove, but I forgot that was nepenthes.

I’m aware the 5%+10% but does this mean damage will be reduced from mastery % then only counting your total mdef?

maybe is just a total dmg - 10% (?)
like the last line of dmg calculation.

@DiMeowgio cloth mastery attribute levels gives additional mdef?

Cloth mastery gives attributelevel/2 mdef, so 25 mdef in total at attribute 50.
Also, afaik it’s 5%+10%= 15% reduction of magic damage, as the other attribute effects are also additive (50 evasion +25 evasion for leather e.g.).

The magic damage reduction doesn’t matter that much if you’re already seeing 1s, so maybe investing just as much in mdef that you see 100-200s would be more beneficial.