Tree of Savior Forum

Question Bokor Hexing

Does anyone know if a higher level of hexing increases the amount of mobs affected each cast? Currently at level 1, I can only hex 2 mobs at a time. Will leveling up hex make me able to hex more mobs each cast?

From what I was told, hexing can affect +1 mob every level.
So it is not recommended to get hexing past level 10. The usual recommended level right now is 5, so you have points to be put into zombie skills.
Be warned though, it doesn’t always affect the same number of mobs because they can resist it.

Edit: just got it to level 2, does not affect 3 mobs at all. So I’m not sure how it will increase.

1 Like

My bad, I should’ve explained it fully. Putting a skill in Hexing increases its AoE Attack Ratio by 1 per level. Here’s a full explanation on AoE Ratio by Doddler:

[quote=“Doddler”]
This is just a random game mechanic that wasn’t clear to me, so I decided to test it out. Here’s what I found.

All mobs have an AoE defense ratio stat. Often it corresponds to size, but it can vary depending on the monster. Usually, small monsters have an AoE defense ratio of 1, medium 2, and large either 2 or 3. This isn’t always true though, so you can always check one of the database sites that lists it if you’re unsure. Most mobs I encountered had 2, and bosses usually had 3 or more.When you perform an attack that can deal splash damage, the game goes through the list of monsters in range, either in order of distance or randomly depending on your skill. It damages that target, and then subtracts their AoE defense ratio from your AoE attack ratio. If the number is 0 or less, the game stops checking additional monsters, otherwise, it goes on to the next target. It keeps going until the number reaches 0 or there are no more targets.So for example, if you have an AoE attack ratio of 5, if you were attacking 5 monsters that had an AoE defense ratio of 1, you’d be able to hit all 5 of them. Now if they had an AoE defense ratio of 2, you’d only strike 3 of them with an attack. And if they had 3 AoE defense ratio, you’d only hit 2 of them.No matter how low your AoE attack ratio is, or how high the enemy’s AoE defense ratio is, you’ll always hit at least one target with your attacks.

Now I tested with an archer, which isn’t a class you’d associate with splash damage attacks, as unlike other jobs they have a base AoE attack ratio of 0. Normally you wouldn’t think of archer as having any splash damage attacks, but I found out by accident that Multi Shot actually deals splash.

Here’s a test that shows that with an AoE attack ratio of 3, Multi Shot only hits one Yognome at a time (a monster that has 3 AoE defense ratio). By equipping gear that gives me an AoE attack ratio of 4, Multi Shot begins to hit both at once.

Another thing I tested was the Falconer skill ‘circling’, which lowers the AoE defense ratio of enemies by -5. In a duel, it appears as though your AoE ratio can actually go negative. We tested this on enemies and confirmed that yes, indeed it allows you to hit way more targets with your splash attacks.

Note that not all skills that hit multiple targets take AoE attack ratio into account. A few skills, notably ones that are ground targeted effects often can hit unlimited number of targets on its own. This includes flame circle, frost cloud, and throw gu pot. A number of skills, like Zaibas for example, has no AoE limit but has a cap on the number of hits it can deal, but many don’t. For everything else, including regular melee auto attacks, there’s AoE attack ratio. Multi Shot was the only archer skill I found that worked with it though.[/quote]
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/3w3kjv/aoe_attack_ratio/

Hexing:
Lv 1: 2 AoE Ratio
Lv 2: 3 AoE Ratio
Lv 3: 4 AoE Ratio
Lv 4: 5 AoE Ratio
Lv 5: 6 AoE Ratio
Etc.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info!!

Do you think weapon +AoE Attack Ratio will help Hexing in this case?