Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

I am considering adding more into SPR after i get my CON to 50. I still do not think I have enough SP, but maybe this build is just that consuming in mana, so I might just have to rely on large mana pots…:frowning:

I can totally understand your point of view about the long cd for Hexing. But after doing krivis for 2 ranks and always waiting for Zaibas and cure to CD (the longest 20+sec of my life :p), I totally welcome the 8s hex cd. I count my hex/effigy combo as my semi single target attack (since sometimes it hexes 4 mobs at once) >>.

It is true though compared to archers and swordsman it takes us longer to kill normal mob IF our skills are on cool down. But, think of the awesome damage output hex+zaibas+zalciai+cure does to bosses and mobs. And in combination with our later rank as Druid, we will do even more dps. Plus we can heal ourselves, and they cant :stuck_out_tongue:

Bokor+PD vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfMJTjlg6Kw
She/he went cleric 2 though. This is his/her skill build: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4131445e.1a2a35415361.11243545.1a2a5575.2565.11253554

You should level hexing at least because skill points after 225 are kinda scarce. You get like 8 skill point at level 250, and you really want at least Bloodletting 1, Incineration 5. Pandemic level 1 does jacksh-err-almost nothing in terms of spreading debuffs, as grinding forest showed today, I’d rather level Healing Factor first.

What about SPR in physical bokor build? Should I level it, or not?

Went krivis 2 and than Bokor 2, soloing is great! lol. I really like the splash attribute for zaibas. I went pure int build though, 50 in SPR and 40 in Con right now . And I did not take any zombies, maybe thats why it is easier. I find the dmg output for zombies kinda lame.

Unless you go with this type of dex zombie build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtDTLxWx1M8

Thanks for the replies guys.

I’m concerned cause if I go druid C1 > PD, it will be better to play no zombies with only Bokor C2. However, if I went Bokor C3 > PD, It will be better to play damballa. Does is damballa damage or carnivory damage better?

Also, from the posted videos, seems like “the plant skill from druid for carnivory changes the monster to plant type” is not a debuff. Hence, it does not contribute to incineration.

1 Like

Welcome to the cul-- club. \o/

If you find Druid funner, then you should go with Druid. Although in terms of DPS, Incineration outranks Carnivory Rank 2 considering you have access to 6+ debuffs (Deprotected Zone, Zalciai, Stigma, Hexing, Effigy: Blind, Chrotasmata. Not including Aukuras in this since its cooldown is huge) for +12 extra seconds duration towards Incineration and in a party your other members will usually provide a total of at least 2 more themselves. You’re also not capped to X amount of hits, and Incineration is applied via debuff state so they’ll still take damage when moving around.

You’ll have to carry SP pots with you literally at all times thanks to Effigy and use them the moment your SP hits 50%. If you’re really worried about DPS contribution, then you can summon a Zombie and use Tet Mamak La to DPS without letting the Zombie touch the skulls, because he’ll pick it up (This is really hard to pull off consistently in dungeons since you have to throw a skull elsewhere to keep the Zombie from reaching your DPS ones, and use your Heal tiles on your Zombie to keep it alive). You could alternatively buy the Wheelchair attribute from the Bokor NPC and take 1 Wheelchair Zombie with you to the dungeon, and thanks to his higher IQ, he’ll go towards your Tet Skulls but won’t pick them up, meaning you can Tet DPS freely. Hexing is only going to be able to hit 4 targets if they’re small-size monsters since the AoE ratio is increased per level and not literally the amount of targets, and small-size usually have–
Link: Question Bokor Hexing

Even being only Hexing/Effigy, this is pretty much what your Bokor C2 build would look like after 30 points:

• Hexing: 9 points
  • Effigy: 10 points
  • Tet Mamak La: 1
  • Zombify: 3
  • Mackangdal: 1
  • Bwa Kayiman: 1
  • Samediveve: 5

Mackangdal and Bwa Kayiman don’t need to be past Lvl 1 since their scaling is bad (PvE-wise for Mackangdal), and even though you’re not interested in the Zombie, Hexing got dropped by 1 point for Zombify at 3 so you could grab the Wheelchair Zombie attribute for easier use of Tet throwing. You can do that now @ C1.

If you’re building towards physical damage, you handicap yourself too much by focusing on magic DPS classes. The reason I suggested Paladin/Monk as a make-sure choice, is because playing with only Bwa Kayiman for DPS is verrry boring. I can’t even properly put it into words atm, because boring is an understatement. I’m already forced to use it myself in dungeon runs without a Cleric C2 or Priest C2 even though I’m MDPS, because it knockdown-locks mobs indefinitely which is something I hope nerf’d, but even though it’s efficient, it’s not enjoyable being able to be useful to the party by holding 1 button the entire run and this will actually make you bored of the class itself if that’s all you’re doing with it.

If you don’t plan on going Pal or Monk, then I’d highly advise you head towards the MDPS route and just keep an upgraded Sword and Arde Dagger in your swap-weapons slot for when you wanna use Bwa Kayiman.

If you invested into the Zombify skill, then Bokor C3 is the better choice thanks to Damballa. Without Zombify invested into, meaning no Damballa, then it’d be 60/40 to me, 60 being for Druid.

It does@Pet Revenged 7X. Main reason I say it’s broken is because an end-game boss should be able to almost one-shot those Skulls, and with about 10 of them down before using Revenged 7X, it’s going to take that damage back onto itself along with the Skulls being protected once and able to continue dealing damage. Skull duration is about 20s, and you can throw down as many as your fingers let you.

Yup, although it will only affect each Zombie once, and Damballa lasts about 5 seconds before disappearing if its charges haven’t been used up. Here’s a vid (Prior to +200% damage buff):

Well, you don’t ‘need’ to have it at Lv10, but yeah, you can allocate some of your points elsewhere.

I’d take 2-3 of those points out of Pandemic for HF, since the usefulness of potentially saving yourself from a death outranks some extra debuff spread. You people and your bird-mask. :c

Mm. Nah.

Damballa = Better situational damage.
Carnivory = Better accessible damage.

Although it’s not hard to have access to Zombies accessible to Damballa with, and Carnivory is arguably only better with single targets, so Damballa would be the better skill damage-wise.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply @Sixaxis!

Do you have any idea if zombies for GvG will be viable (not PvP in arena)? If it is not very viable to raise zombies in GvG, I might go druid instead.

Also, my zombify is currently lvl 3 (in case i don’t go C3 bokor). Is it still okay to go for druid at C6 or did i just waste 3 points? ):

GvG is a mess right now. I personally hold little interest in it until this FPS issue is fixed, and I don’t think you should either to be honest. If you’re referring to the upcoming GvG Arena though, then I guess Zombies would be useful there as they stay alive and lower FPS around your radius after you die, and you can spam-throw Tet Mamak La Skulls onto the enemy tower since they multi-hit and the Tower only takes 1 damage per hit. You could also use the Zombies with Bwa Kayiman to spam knockdowns on enemy players. You’d need to find some traps to throw Zombify down on though or get a Sorcerer/Necromancer to look your way and send their summons at you so you could kill them inside your Zombify first though.

Zombify should be at least 3 in all Bokor builds, as you have nothing else to really spend those points on. It doesn’t affect your C6 decision either way.

Seems like making zombies is quite a problem in GvG/Arena! Being too reliant on zombies related skills doesn’t seem too good for PvP (no zombies = no spells)! PVE is ok I guess.

I watched some druid related videos. Does chrotasmata really provide a debuff for the plant attribute? I dont seem to see any debuff on the mobs even when they stand in the chrotosmata.

Thank you so much for your replies! I’ll do more research and see if there are any questions!

I’m jealous of kToS players.

1. Bokor
    Effigy
  • Damage has been increased. (Base Damage 170 → 185)
    Bwa Kayiman
  • Damage has been increased. (Base Damage 105.3 → 130.3, Damage Increase per level 33 → 36)
    Damballa
  • Damage has been increased. . (Base Damage 485 → 505, Damage Increase per level 120 → 130)

Source: http://pastebin.com/piz4KJq4

@Sixaxis
I figured so. Thanks for the Damballa video. The black cloud stays in the same place for 5~ seconds and it will detonate in waves as long as there are new zombies and the cap wasn’t reached? It looks good, actually.

About the PD skills, I still have no idea how Healing Factor actually works. Is it a heal over time? Does it scale with magic attack, amplification, INT, SPR or is it fixed? How much does it actually heal? Just the skill description amount? It looks kinda weak, although it can be helpful. Sounds like an Aukuras/Regeneration combo, but weaker.

I ended up with that build:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#413444ae.15253441.15233245.152f31495161778195.153585.11253554

For those building Cleric C2/Bokor C2/Druid C1/PD, here is a video of a korean using that. It’s not a zombie build tho.

His/her build:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#4131445e.1a2a35415361.11243545.1a2a5575.2565.11253554

1 Like

@Sixaxis Thank you Six-senpai… I am in your debt, I will go forth and bring glory to my fellow Bokors. And make wheelchair zombies.

@Entoma HNNNGH…Dat video, the want is strong! I was on the fence about either C2 Druid or Lelz Doctor but the moment I saw Pandemic spread Hexing around my knees buckled. I think my fate has been sealed with Lelz Doctor.

I’ve changed my mind from going Cleric>Krivis>Bokor C3>Cleric>PD w/ Zombies to Non Zombie Cleric>Krivis>Bokor C2>Cleric>Druid/Pardoner>PD. Was wondering whether you thought Druid or Pardoner would be better for general PvE purposes. TY

@Sixaxis Thanks a lot for detail explanation of Bokor builds! I have been following this post everyday and learned a lot!

I was wondering if I am the only one that gets super annoyed by not knowing for sure whether Effigy is working or not while casting it. Do you guys have some tips about how to monitor it without checking the status bar of the Boss or 10 different mobs all the time? I know they turn blue when cursed but if it’s in dungeon the animation gets super messy with other skills from teammates.

I am curious about what would be the reason not to disable the use of effigy by default if there is no effective (i.e. cursed) target in range. It’s so depressing to spam effigy when later noticed that nothing is cursed except for my mana bar :frowning:

Would be nice to know about how other bokors feel about this :slight_smile:

Meh, those buffs don’t impress me. They’ll get my jealousy when the Devs implement the Archer Zombie and/or Zombie Capsule. :c

It rapidly recovers your HP up to the number it was at upon first using Healing Factor, at a rate of 0.05s-0.1s per tick. I’m unsure if it scales with anything, but very doubtful.

Example:

• You have 15k HP, and Healing Factor activated while your HP is at 10k.
  • Your HP gets quickly knocked down to 5k.
  • Healing Factor rapidly recovers HP back towards the 10k mark.

Glad to be of help. \o/

Well, I cast Hexing whenever it’s off cooldown. With Hexing’s debuff duration lasting longer than its cooldown, I don’t worry too much about it. If it’s the damage-range for Effigy you’re worried about, then just remember that Hexing and Effigy have the same cast range. If you can’t cast Hexing on a mob because you’re too out of range, then you won’t be able to damage an already Hex’d target with Effigy either.

1 Like

HI SixAxis, thanks for your repply. i change the build a bit from my Rank 5 Bokor.

Reducing Damballa to 3 then Samediveve lvl 7. need to comment :stuck_out_tongue:

I saw a post that Damballa is not a good help during party? I sthis because of the bounce after explosion?

Also, any advise on the skills Rack 7 PD ?

Heres a build im thinking of doing. Cleric 2, Bokor 3, Pally 1 and Kabbalist. Not sure if this is enough healing power to heal high level content, but does offer some nice wizard debuffs and effigy is pretty nice dps as well. Zombie shenanigans for soloing always helps. I guess the trade off is less cures for more SP renewal, Kabbalist + Pally 1 restoration aura. I really dont want to be a lemming and do PD…

Could also swop out Pally 1 for Cleric 3 or Oracle.

@Sixaxis Do you think that taking Kabbalist at rank 7 for Ein Sof lvl 5 would suffice the SP need for Effigy Spam (100% or almost uptime)?
Does anyone tried that already?

Saw that in action on a youtube video already, it works wonders. But the uploader removed it shortly afterwards.

Ein sof recovers your sp instantly btw.

But plague doctor’s pandemic is also really nice for bokors.

Holy ■■■■, it’s too good. I’ll 5/5 it in every PD build from now on.

Also, I did some testing today. Zombies do Dark damage with their attacks.

Enchant Fire and Reflect Shield doesn’t work on zombies as well.

\o/

• Cleric

• This is fine.

• Krivis C1/C2

• This is fine.

• Bokor C1/C2/C3

• This is fine.

• Plague Doctor

• It’s… empty!!!

Yeah, the knockback will just send them flying back and slow down the party kill speed, so you have to make sure that Damballa is actually going to finish the monsters off before you use it in situations like that. Hexing the monsters before using Damballa will help with this, since Damballa is Dark-attribute magic.

Well, any of the PD’s with “This is fine.” above you will work. Just make sure that:

• Healing Factor should be at least [3]
  • Incineration should be at [5]
  • Bloodletting should be at least [2]
  • Fumigate should be at [1]
  • Pandemic should be at least [1]
  • Beak Mask should be at [0] (Unless you’re in love with the bird-look)

^Other than that, do what you want with the remaining points.

[quote=“gtsdart1969, post:130, topic:168367, full:true”]
Heres a build im thinking of doing. Cleric 2, Bokor 3, Pally 1 and Kabbalist. Not sure if this is enough healing power to heal high level content, but does offer some nice wizard debuffs and effigy is pretty nice dps as well. Zombie shenanigans for soloing always helps. I guess the trade off is less cures for more SP renewal, Kabbalist + Pally 1 restoration aura. I really dont want to be a lemming and do PD…[/quote]

Should drop that Pally 1, as it doesn’t have any synergy with the rest of your Ranks. In my opinion, Cleric C2 definitely isn’t enough unless you’re playing with a pre-made party that knows what they’re doing, so you should grab Cleric C3 if you’d like to be semi-support.

I doubt 100% uptime if you’re constantly mashing the Effigy key down, but it’s still pretty good, especially since you could choose to throw it on a party member instead (Although nothing eats up SP like Bokor).

Nupe :c You should’ve been here in iCBT1, when Zombies ran around with Sacrament / Blessing / Monstrance on them.