Tree of Savior Forum

Is it worth getting pyro3?

title says it all

sdgkjhdsljkfghdl

No, it’s really not. Only good for the pre-200 gameplay, complete garbage after, tho that may change with kToS balancing patches (especially with new bless), making pyro into killing machine in PvE.

But atm Cryo3 makes you wanted at both PvP and PvE, in junction with Sorc or Chrono. Or Cryo1-Linker2. I’ve never seen pyro to be any good in current iToS.

Thats true for 240+, especially frustrating in party play involving anything besides bosses. However, heres some examples to challenge the “endgame only” outlook. Pyro3>Chrono3 is extremely efficient at boss rushing. Probably one of the best for this purpose if you frequently farm rare drops from cubes. World Bosses and mercenary missions as well. Cryo and linker are nearly useless in these 3 scenarios. I also use this character to help lower level friends breeze through quests.

Would not recommend pyro3 in a pure dps build.

can you elaborate more on the chrono3 side? I’m interested with it. If pyro3 is worth for higher levels, is it worth to get the hell’s breath skills? seems uselss correct me if i’m wrong. I need to be sure before getting the advancement for pyro3

If you’re looking strictly at endgame+ pyro3 is inferior due to scaling. Pass will only prolong the inevitable by adding some shelf life to your skills (mostly fireball). I just wanted to add that theres more facets to consider when building a character. Hellbreath is nigh useless unless you’re farming low level enemies.

Pyro2>linker1>chrono3:
You could add a rank of linker to improve your late game usefulness. This allows you to keep pyro2 for solo ability while doubling your links(5 or 6) and hangman.

Pyro1>linker2>chrono3:
You could go linker2 and forfeit your synergy with pyro skills + Pass in favor of something more futureproof if you’re concerned about this. On that note, parties will except you if you have chrono3 regardless of your first 4 ranks.

The reason I chose pyro was to learn if the unpopular pyrochrono had practical uses. Turns out its much more fun to play than cryo3, in my opinion. Conclusion: IMC seems aware of pyro’s inadequecy, and they will do something about it. Whether it’ll be “enough” is anyone’s guess. Unless they give it percentage-based damage or something its kind of questionable. Hope this helps.

I wrote a bit about my experience as a Pyro3>Chrono, perhaps you would like to read it:

This one is another interesting thread where the Pyro class is discussed:

Pyro3 needs to be built upon. It’s a cheesy damage tool early on, but the class has it’s fair share of damage. Surprisingly though, what I’ve found out is that you absolutely need to yield Firewall mater on: Mainly because the usability of it actually gets better the later you progress through the circles since it absolutely needs points and in C1 and C2, it’s unyieldy due to the duration and grid usable. But when you reach C3, it actually becomes a pretty good damage tool provided you actually build more.

A common video example is this Pyro3>Linker2>FF. This looks to be more on the utility side of life, prioritizing small group/linker power too CC and decimate whatever you grab a hold of. FF plays on Linker and gives the Pyro more sustain.

Normally though people just hit up Pyro to ditch it later on, but there is a fair amount of potential in the class as it’ll always deal damage: Just more or less less as you progress. If they ever give other skills scaling, Pyro may not die at all as a class that still has it’s uses.

Saw a Pyro2 Thauma2 on siualai mission earlier. His skill and damage is pretty decent for a 250+.

It is currently just too easy to screw over a pyro. Melee knocks back [fireball]. [rain] erases all ground targeted fire spells. Moving away negates [flame ground], [fire wall], [fire pillar], [hell breath].

thanks for all the feedback guys. I’m asking pyro3 = useless in the first place because of the hell’s breath usefulness. It seems that i’ll go wiz>pyro>pyro(currently)>linker>chrono>chrono>chrono for me. Hopefully this char is salvage’able