Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz>Pyro>Link path to Featherfoot help

Option 1 would be what I would do, it should be able to hold up very well on its own once the pyro buffs roll around. Thaum is nice but you will always be outdone if there is a dedicated thaum 3 in your party, whereas a linker duo just allows more targets to be destroyed in succession. It should also be very easy to solo as pyro 3, linker 2, FF.

Vampire!!! VAMPIRE!!!

I actually think Linker C2 is not worth it, with monster gems you can get JP to level 6 which make C2 only give you 2 more target on link. A whole Circle for 2 more targets, I don’t think it worth it. Unless you like the new skill in C2

Thaum, their skills are all flat value so in late game they may not worth much, but it’s because the Int itself is quite lack luster, with 100+ Int buff from its skill I guess you can spare some points from Int for Con for more survival.

The others build I can’t say much about it, cuz I didn’t read about them yet :smiley:

The idea that Thaum flat buffs fall off in late game is probably not accurate, at least according to the math. 710 bonus attack on a 15 hit spell translates to 10k attack.

Just wanted to create same topic except Sorc lol. So which route did you chose?
I don’t sure if c2pyro damage would be enough. Same for Thau C1. If I took only one circle I’ll lose around~110 bonus damage buff.
Swell Left Arm Level 5 - 68 magic atack
Level 10 - 111 magic atack.
+68 magic atack lose from Swell Right Arm.
This is huge lose but maybe linker can compensate this because FF wouldnt even work without linker. I mainly doubt if c2 pyro is enough.
Pyro 3>Link 1>Thaum 1>FF route seems very good. It’s supportive more than others and everyone would love it in party cos of links.
But maybe Pyro2>Link1>Thau2>FF?
Looks like I just did found answer for myself but I could be wrong. Need to try it out. Correct me if you tried it already.

Example

@Midnightmare
I am leaning towards Pyro3 too, more for the extra Fireball ticks than anything. I wish IMC would just confirm whether the Pyro3 buffs are coming to iToS to al least make the decision a little easier.

@ifellming
Still deciding whether Thau C1 is worth it. Having a hard time finding people with experiences with Thau C1 only since most of them went for Thau C2 or C3 which is more of a supportive role I think. Too bad Swell Brain is not on C2 instead because the other skills seem kinda meh. Although right now I am in between Pyro3>Link1>Thaum1>FF and Pyro3>Link2>FF.

In regards to a Pyro2 build I think you should at least get a Flame Ground 10 for an almost infinite Flame Ground. Also as I have seen around here Fire Wall is pretty useless atm so not worth it adding points into it, better put it into Fire Pillar and Flame Ground.

As I know Swell Brain isn’t that good because of poor INT scaling. And I didn’t put to many skills in flame ground cos it damage enemys really slow so I decided to investigate in fire wall to increase my burst damage. No one in grind partys won’t wait when my flame ground will finally kill mobs. This skill gonna be just waste of points. But this is my personal thoughts.

(And not only mine)

Just imagine when you link them and make mobs bigger how good exp will be :smiley: At least this would be worth waiting for CDs. He did record that he killing them fast but in fact he need to wait around ~30-60sec after every pack.

1 Like

wiz3-pyro2-linker1-FF

FF, currently, has two skills that are any good. Blood sucking, and blood bath.

Blood sucking is a very strong self healing leech attack, that also goes good damage. Its a channeled skill and close range, however, meaning it can get interrupted. Linker these days just does not have the same kind of CC ability it used to have. Wiz3 gives you sleep15 which is very good, you can alternate it with fire pillar to hold thigns in place after you have grouped them up, to then blood suck. Of course wiz3 also gives you a flat 50% more damage, and wiz2s surespell is very useful for blood sucking purposes, particularly if you are fighting mixed mobs and one of them has managed to be immune/resist/justwander in after you ahve started and is not currently CCd.

Linker with FF is mainly good for bloodbath synergy. Blood bath stunlocks mobs for its duration, which is like 4 or 5 seconds, its also decent damage. link+bloodbath is then another good synergy.

I was thinking about this video when I saw your linked build :smiley:

I want to see Fire Wall more in a party setting because it seems a PITA to set up and make sure that enemies stay on the AOE and a 45s CD single cast it might be on CD when you need it most. Also as he pointed out FW tiles can be removed by certain enemy types so if your party just randomly pulled something it might be slightly annoying. So I was thinking with FG I can use it more as a filler skill since I can cast it immediately after the previous one expires.

For solo though it definitely looks better than FG since it can hit flying enemies, has more DPS per cast than FG and better burst on bosses so yeah worth considering.

1 Like

About Thau1, Swell Body is good if you are aways capping your dailies and want to squeeze even more exp out of them. Transpose works well with FF.

Pyro 3 buffs? Link to source please?

Just some math I did last night because I was interested in Pyro Thaum:

P3TH3 Fireball with all buffs up and without natural INT or gear has an attack of (324+710) x 15 = 15510 per fireball. This isn’t counting Blessing nor Sacrament. Flame Ground, assuming it’s one hit per second, is (236+710) x 30 = 28380. Fire Pillar, assuming the same, is (262+710) x 17 = 16524

The last two are tricky because I don’t know the time between their ticks, but I’m quite certain it’s not more than a second, so the numbers are probably higher than that. This is assuming all skills are level 15. You could shave a point or two from each without losing much attack.

For reference, here’s p2th2
Fireball 713 x 10 = 7130
Flame Ground 650 x 25 = 16250
Fire Pillar = 640 x 12 = 7680

This means on ground mob, you can churn out a ridiculous amount of attack. Keep in mind the uncalculated gear and INT add up multiplicatively if my understanding of the games mechanics are correct. This build wouldn’t have much solo PvP application, but as later circles are released, it could be a great boss killer that also gives the entire team 304 attack to single/dual wielders, extra block to tanks, 565 attack to dual wielders, 710 attack to dual wielding spell casters, and 449 attack to staff or rod/shield casters

1 Like

You won’t land all fireball hits unless it’s a boss fight and you know how to position it.

Flame Ground is good because it has 100% uptime, sort of small AoE and slow ticks when compared to Frost Cloud or skills of the same kind.

Fire Pillar is good in damage, but hard to land as it has small AoE and enemies have to be CC’ed.

Fire Wall at level 15 is good, has 12 hits and lands them VERY fast, multiply that with linker and you got pyro 3’s best skill for linker targets.

Just take Pyro 1 > Linker 3 > Necro 1, it will have better damage and Linker 3 is very good.

The one downside to fireball is that allies can move it, if this changes, Pyro group play drastically changes.

I’d opt for the first option. Either Pyro3>Linker2>FF or Pyro2>Linker3>FF not sure actually. Taking linker2 into linker3 sounds like a better long term plan than a third rank of pyro. Thaum’s costume is so sexy though.

HERE is a translation of the new kToS patch. Most importantly the Pyro buffs are

[quote]Flare
- Skill Base damage has been increased 118.375 → 142.05. ( Damage increase per level has been increased 30.375 → 33.412)
Hell Breath
- Skill Base damage has been increased 96.25 → 115.5. (Damage increase per level has been increased 28.75 → 43.5)
- Hell Breath will have a chance at afflicting the enemy with a [Hell Breath] Debuff when attacking.
- Hell Breath Debuff : Receive additional fire property damage +50%[/quote]

There is also a buff for the FF skill Bloodbath

[quote]Blood Bath
- Skill base damage has been increased 323 → 387.6. (Damage increase per level has been increased 83.28 → 99.94)
- Health Regeneration will be changed to 30% of Damage Dealt.[/quote]

1 Like

Do you have a link to the full translated patch notes?

Yeah it was on my post.

For most solo play pyro 2 dps is not enough unless you find another good dps source from other circle. seem to do ok because 197 lepusbunny has 45k hp 221 truffle has 86k hp but when go another 20 level monster has 130k hp.

1 Like

Well this would be more supportive build. I’d say full support. And our goal is to make good DD mainly with pyro’s and FF’s skills with a bit of support cos we won’t outdamage other classes anyway.

Those “buffs” are patheric. Really.