Tree of Savior Forum

Pyromancer Late Build

you cannot walk while doing it

20/limit

I was talking about Pyro3 here, not about mixing. In fact you are telling us how good Thau is.
And you are mistaken -> Alchemist not a money making class :smiley: You can read Life of an Alchemist tread.

1 Like

Pyro 3 is synonymous with the classes that you take with it. You chose to take alchemist, which sucks at everything, thus you’re having issues at end game. Pyro 3 is perfectly viable at end game with a proper build. I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time at end game, but it’s not because of Pyro 3, it’s because you built your character poorly .

Yup. First of all its not a tier 1 dps class meant to compete with ele3 in raw damage. Pyro works best in the long term as supplementary dps. You add support ranks with high synergy to see the best results; similar case with cryo so far . Still 40 levels short of capping though and already leveling other characters.

3 Likes

anyone here who have tried firewall 15? is the damage good at late game?

AoE Ratio thing isn’t recent

Firewall fades off too early, it’s like both the AoE ratio AND monster sizes count. But I’ve seen some Thaumaturges using it pretty effectively.

1 Like

An then, Kino pp ahould have cd too. Since pp drain sp on a % basis.

yeah noticed it on some vids, but with linker jp, it’s fine. any idea as how did that happen?

Hi there.

After a few months since I started my Pyro3>Crono3 character, I have finally reached Rank 7, so I thought it was about time to write my first impressions in this post.

Pyro 3 Chrono 3: Overview

My first impression was amazing; I felt quite overpowered.

As a Pyro3>Crono2 playing together with Warlocks, Musketeers, Plage Doctors and so on, I was feeling weak with very low expectations for Rank 7. Therefore, when Crono3 came, I was caught off guard by its awesomeness.

Pass is incredible and helps a lot with my Pyro skills. My DPS increased A LOT and I was able to shine in PvP, PvE and killing bosses. Haste 10 is also amazing (I could even dodge bosses’ attacks by dancing around, which was literally impossible with the lag I got with my internet).

Back into the DPS

If I was a Semi-DPS+Support as a Pyro3-Crono2, as a Pyro3-Crono3 I came back as a DPS, by spamming Fireballs and Flame Grounds with the help of Pass, all while controlling the arena with Haste + Slow.

For the first time in a while I was able to shine in PvP and make a difference in boss battles as a protagonist, instead of a supportive character only.

0-cooldown Fireball is astonishing and lets you transform the arena into a fiery pit quite quickly (putting 4 Fireballs in every cooldown), empowered by double-Slow.

Killing 25 seconds of Fire Pillar cooldown also makes quite a difference, since its my only CC skill.

Still a Midfield Player

Althought I managed to virtually double my DPS with the help of Pass, Pyro-Crono is still a midfield player; half DPS, half Support; my damage output is still weaker than full DPS classes.

Comparing myself with other classes, with the new feature that lets us know who dealt more damage to bosses, I was able to write down a few comparisons.

I was still out-DPS’ed by the following classes:
Musketeer, Cannonneer, QR3+Wugushi3, Ele3+Warlock, Cryo+Rune+Kino

I won a few rounds, lost others:
Cryo+Kino, Non-warlock Elementalist, Non-Ele Warlocks, Necro2, Falconeer, Scout, Monks, Doppel2

I won hands down:
Most Swordsmen, Other Pyros (including Featherfoot), Alchemists (duh), Cryo3+Crono3, most Clerics (Priest, Pardoner, Bokor, Oracle, Shadu), Sorcerer2-3

Of course this is a rough comparison and every build is different; this is here just to show that Pyro3 is still in the game, even at Rank7, contrary to what the public opinion says.

It is still weaker than full DPS classes, but with the help of Crono 3, it can keep the wheels turning.

Pyro3>Crono3 as a Support

I can say my plan worked: Pyro3>Crono3 is a great support for itself. Haste lets me kite most enemies and I never run out of cards up my sleeve, since cooldown is no longer an issue.

However, since I invested a lot into DPS (very high INT, no Shield (Arde Dagger), Cloth equipment for higher SP, max attribute on Fireball and so on), it’s a bit harder to fit in the Support role for others.

If you intend to be a support Crono, it is better to stick to Linkers, Thau and Cryos, since you will have other supportive skills to combo and a much higher PDEF and HP.

Being a self-support, however, feel quite good; also, you end up helping anyway, since Haste affects the whole screen and Slow is always welcome, in PvE and PvP.

Because of that, I have a few doubts about maxing Quicken; Slow is proving to be much more effective for solo playing; Quicken is quite useless to solo Wizards and I don’t know how useful it is for other classes (a few times people asked me to not use Quicken, in order to leave a buff slot free for other skills).

Future Plans (Rank 8)

There are quite a few choices for Rank 8, but the most appealing one so far is Sage. We haven’t seen its skills yet, but the possibility of doubling the number of Fireballs turns me on; I already have 4 Fireballs per cooldown, with Haste; will that allow me to have 8 Fireballs each time? I’m eager to try it out.

I could also get Linker, since it always help with Pyro, even for DPS focused players. For the same reason I could get Thaumaturge.

I’ll pass on low-rank damaging classes, such as Kino, Elementalist, Cryo and Rune, as they provide few or no combos for Pyro.

About Necro and Sorcerer, I don not feel that they would help a lot with only the first circle, but they are still worth noticing; I could give Haste+Quicken to my minions, increasing my supportive role.

I’m also interested in Featherfoot or Warlock, to give me a boost in my DPS output (Crono3+Warlock seems nice), but they offer no clear combos with Pyro and FF works best with Linker, which I lack in this build.

Enchanter seems like a crafting-only class, just like Alchemist, so I will ignore them both.

Overall, this is what I got:

Appealing Choices

1. Wiz>Pyro3>Crono3>Sage
  2. Wiz>Pyro3>Crono3>Warlock
  3. Wiz>Pyro3>Crono3>Linker

Still Good Choices

1. Wiz>Pyro3>Crono3>Thau
  2. Wiz>Pyro3>Crono3>Featherfoot
  3. Wiz>Pyro3>Crono3>Sorc
  4. Wiz>Pyro3>Crono3>Necro

Conclusions

When I first started this build, I felt it was a big gamble; a lot of people were (and still are) speaking badly about Pyro, so I was worried I would suck at Rank7.

The risk was worth taking, however. As I said before, of course Pyro deals less damage than the higher ranks, but very few classes can get their 3rd circle and still be Crono3; in that regard, Pyro3 is an incredible choice.

To everyone willing to take this path, however, I feel like I should warn that you will experience a bit of frustration on the rank 6. But rest assured that it all ends when you get to Rank 7.

To sum it up, it has its flaws, ups and downs, but my overall impression is very positive; it can be quite powerful and still a very fun build to play!

7 Likes

nice!! what u think abount pyro 3 > cyro 3??

Thanks for this post! It’s very helpful.

I’m currently a Pyro2>Linker1 and I don’t know which path to take. It was supposed to be a Pyro2>Linker1>Sorc2>FF/WL but I’m not so sure right now.

I believe Pyro isn’t supposed to be a top tier DPS anyway, so I was also considering Chrono 3 for full support role (with Linker) with a tiny bit of DPS.

Actually, I’m quite fond of this build. I would love to see it in action.

In theory, it is quite funcional: Cryo provides the CC Pyro lacks and Pyro provides the damage Cryo lacks. You also have multiple low cooldown skills and can spam them freely.

It is also experimental and bold, two things I endorse a lot. I enjoy escaping from the traditional paths once in a while and Pyro3>Cryo3, if anything, is very original.

There is also an interesting combo, based on using the long duration multi-hit Pyro skills to keep triggering the Ice Wall shards.

Since I never played it, however, I can just theorize about its practical uses. I hope someone playing a Pyro3>Cryo3 can give us a feedback about its performance!

Pyro2>Linker>Sorc2>FF is a failproof tested build. Linker is a great support for Pyro, Sorc and FF, so you can rest assured it will work.

Pyro2>Linker>Crono3 is also great, as I’ve stated in my previous posts, but is less offense oriented than your previous option. Once you get to Crono3, however, if you heavily invested into INT, you can count on Pass to keep your damage up.

I personally gave up on Sorc because I really hate to rely on potions and the continuous SP consumption of the summon turned me down. And I gave up on FF because I didn’t have a Linker to support it.

You should pick the combination you feel most comfortable with; remember that picking either FF or WL as Rank 7 will allow you to get their second circle on Rank 8, and both of them seemed powerful on that preview we saw.

thank you, already decided by chrono 3, you convinced me!
can show u skill build here? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/builds/

A lot of people actually regretted going for Pyro2>Linker>Sorc2>FF. It isn’t a great build end game.

I play a wiz1/cryo3/pyro3. and i must say i like it a lot. The snowball + fire balls in it makes it a really heavy burst skill with the cc on top of it.

Really easy to kill monsters, super safe gameplay. The damage does tend to drop off a bit on higher levels tho. But still a fun char non the less.

what is your level ? I’m in doubt between chrono 3 or cyro 3 :expressionless:

20 characters…

I just wanna ask, is Wiz3 pyro3 linker/warlock viable at late game? INT build of course. kinda get bored with ele3 so I wanna try a new build.