Tree of Savior Forum

Post your plans for build changes

This is what they did with Kupole (aka K-Test Server).

Why does everyone assume we’re going to get the exact same treatment at iToS (Steam Live Servers)?

IMC has historically been stingy with resets with iToS. Chances are we won’t get that sweet, sweet daily reset and instead get something a little more difficult (has a pre-req of sorts, or you need to do a something like complete DG runs or stuff like that) or worse, something convoluted (like a daily task with the reward at the end).

Until IMC claims that they’ll implement the same exact event at iToS, no one should base their plans on it.

We can [infer] what we might probably get, but knowing IMC, you people should be more cautious than this.

5 Likes

Worse, we get RNG cubes that drops Talt instead of reset potions.

6 Likes

To be fair to @Krystal, I’m not mad at him/her or anything like that.

A little over a year into the game, people should’ve learned by now not to assume anything when it comes to IMC, nor have high expectations, lest they want to feel that they “got IMC’d”; then they’ll be here in the forums getting mad at something that was within their control… expectations.

7 Likes

Speaking of resets…

If this extends until the next maintenance, I’ll probably just drop the game again and return when the rework and resets are implemented. :disappointed:

5 Likes

i’ll probably test my c2>p2>monk3>inqui first.
i’ve been thinking of resetting this to:
c2>p2>monk1>ora>kabba>inqui
or
c2>p2>monk2>kabba>inqui

but i might still choose to retain the original if i won’t be satisfied with the latter proposed builds, unless somebody comes up with a really better and convincing monk-inqui build.

If I had a cleric, I would try this build:

2 Likes

Maybe they will give one rank reset voucher for your whole team :grinning:

3 Likes

Or max 3 for every 5 characters you have, forcing you to choose. Either way, we can’t be too optimistic about this. :smiley:

Still relevant to this day. And yet even after major changes there will always be that one person nay saying resets.

Best thing to do is wait and ride out the storm.

4 Likes

Just so we’re absolutely clear, I’m not nay saying resets.

I’m preparing people to expect poor execution on a “reset event” that highly likely won’t match what they’ve seen at a test server (which is very reasonable).

Didn’t say you were but there are absolutely insane people who will be against resets for testing and balance purposes making them less likely to do it. Which is flat out stupid when people need to be encouraged to test and give feedback on things.

6 Likes

2 Classes I’m not too entirely sure of…

Ar3>Rg1>Hn1>Fn1>Msk2 might change…

Not sure what to do with my Wizard yet…haven’t heard of anything about the RuneMaster but it’d probably be the usual Wiz3>Cry1>Psy3>RM1 But that will change most likely.

great! i’ll consider this as well

i’m hoping to keep the same build unless something alters the gameplay of 2cleric/3bokor/miko/2pd too much. if anything I might trade 3 bokor for 1 pardoner but the gamepad may not have enough hotkeys.

too much chaos and info atm, got to wait til things become clear.

will probably reset one of my 175 archers into a falc and then never use it.

might change my w1/pyro3/chrono3/sage to something that would be fun to play since I might not be able to duplicate my fbs anymore. perhaps I will try to make a full dps wiz build… will have to see what looks fun to play and consider if losing haste and pass is worth it.

if the link hit count is nerfed a lot then a class with big burst would synergize better than a class with many multi hits but linking in a party will always mean that link is instantly gone unless they make link only work with a certain % of damage done or hp lost. necro/linker seemed nice at first but the pets are a burden.

warlock was always pretty cool looking but 50% of the mobs seem to resist warlock darkness damage. if elementialist is fun I would play it. it would cover darkness damage by having 3 other types of damage.

This balance patch totally renews TOS, do you think limiting 1 class/stat/skill reset for 1 char can satisfy players since all current “META BUILDS” and classes combining are messed up? Please note on the “PER DAY” words.

This event is the core part of the rebalance update. The only thing iTOS won’t have compared to kTEST: 20TP and 500k silver and 3 reset vouchers each day .

It is not bad to keep being skeptical on IMC but should not be too skeptical. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

please keep this in mind:

Me, as a druid c3 main, recomend you to just wait and don’t creat any expectation about it.
I don’t know what i’ll do with this character. I trully wanted to keep playing as a freiking wolf. But maybe an inquisitor build is just the best atm… :sweat:

1 Like

I’m personally very excited about this update.

Honestly I didn’t think it would ever happen. IMC fixes at most 1 or 2 skills with every maintenance and only in 2 or 3 months periods we get an actual patch (meaning we just get up-to-date with kToS) with a reasonable amount of skill changes (but tbh they’re all considered small tunings, adjusting a bit the formula here, increasing the AoE a little there, nothing too big for each skill). IMC has always been very careful with their updates, meaning they’d do small changes, see if players got happy with them, then after a while change it again only a little.

This change is a very very drastic change to all game mechanics. They’re not only changing skills formulas but also all mobs, equipment and items stats. IMC is risking a lot with this shot.

It makes weird combinations (aka not picking rank 6 C3 or 7 C2 or rank 8 class as last class) also very much possible. They’re not only changing skill formulas to % but also making less useful skills more useful.

It’s very hard to plan ahead because the test server is still, well, in test. We can’t expect things there to be too certain. Myself, as a non-meta hipster player, will surely look for the most bizarre class combinations and make them fun and (reasonably) powerful.

Alchemist DPS

If they don’t change skill factor anymore, I think i’ll re-class my Cl2-Kr3-Dr3 to Cl3-Pr1-Kr1-Dr3.
I love Dr3 but Krivis is too bad to play as damage dealer now.
And I’m really happy I have wiz3-link3-rune-sage , It’s very fit new JP IMO.

I guess the only thing that isn’t new with the re-balance update is that Doppel class is getting nerfed. :joy: