Tree of Savior Forum

Post your plans for build changes

playing mmo
whine about constant rebalancing

So now you have 3 choice to choose from,

1. not play game at all
  2. play normal game
    or
  3. play online game (with constant rebalancing)

still gona stick to a2 r3 sr3 , 1 patch prior in ktest the skill multiplier for retreat shot is so imba ā€¦
mayb jz gona try out appraiser instead of r3 if I ever comeback

btw this aint really a rebalancing, more like 2.0/3.0 or whole remake LOL

1 Like

There should always be people rebalancing and changing the game. This keeps the game fresh to play and to learn. Icefrog(from dota 2) said once that the game must change, not only for balance purposes, but just for the sake of change.

Im currently thinking about a c1 p3 monk3 inqui and for my wiz some form of Alchemist.

sw C1>hl3>barbC1>Doppel C3 to Sw C3>Barb C1>Corsair>Doppel C3 Try pvp ā€¦

If this dont work i just switch to lancer :<

I might turn my suuuper-old Cler2-Bokor2-Sadhu-Druid-PD into Cler2-Bokor3-Miko-PD, and possibly remove Linker from my Wiz3-Link-Kino-Necro2 forā€¦ something.

Iā€™m kindof interested in a Monk too, maybe Cler3-(Diev or Pally)-Monk3-Inq1.

im talking about priorities

i think i will reset my A2 >QS3 > SCOUT > MUSK to QS3 > SCOUT > FACL3

my maim ( QS3 > WUGU3 > MERGEM ) i think i will not changeā€¦ only if wugushi become weak, but i love wugu :frowning:

and my sword i dont know what to doā€¦ i need wait to see sword META for copy lolā€¦ (H > BARB3> DOPP3 )

For me it mostly depends on what ends up happening with Double Weapon Assault, Spear Throw and DEX attack speed, as well as the new crit calculations and changes to % damage increase debuffs. If Finestra and Spear Lunge arenā€™t must-have anymore and Spear Throw doesnā€™t beat Double Weapon Assault for DPS in a DEX build I might end up removing Hoplite on my Corsair3 in favor of Swordsman for buffed Finestra/Concentrate. Alternatively if Finestra/Lunge are still good and Spear Throw ends up being better than DWA I might go Hoplite3 at R8 instead of Dragoon.

Long-term if they donā€™t make R9+ super OP like they initially did with R8, I might end up making a Corsair3 Fencer3 just for rapier/pistol swag.

This ā€œrebalancingā€ is such a massive overhaul of classes, combat system and how they interact with each other, itā€™s almost liek weā€™d be playing a different version of ToS.

And exactly because of that, I personally think all characters should be reset during the maintenance which will update the game to the new mechanics. This shouldnā€™t be an event, period.

The event with ā€œdaily resetsā€ (if that ever comes exactly like theyā€™ve announced in their dev planning post) should be used for trying out stuff - remeber, we donā€™t have a test server - not for fixing chars which can be utterly broken after system overhaul. Thatā€™s why I think initial general unillateral resets are the best approach to it.

They have sent some ā€œunexpirableā€ rewards before on Lodge.

Maybe send 1 set of resets (Rank, Class and Stats) per Team. So if you happen to miss the even, you may still reset your main.

But more than that ā€¦ it really seems like a ā€œDont miss it!ā€ kind of event.

And about build:

So far seems a SPR priest3Druid3, to cover the really low damage on druid. But its a really big change on playstyle that i hope will change as the tests progress.

Thatā€™s still terrible. RIP Alchemist. Still not fixed.

1 Like

Finally fire mages is dead, so the best ice mages can shine again :relieved:

nopeā€¦ at best it can shine in CC but not DPSā€¦ pyro will still win in DPS race vs Cryoā€¦ sorry T.T

Hereā€™s my plan: Nothing. I hope I can rediscover the game like never before, you know, min-maxing stats, trying out new class combos, building around one niche skill, etc.

(((Silent prayer: I wish there will be no more meta and no more discrimination and even the rainbowest of rainbow builds can join daily dungeon parties with no problem (rainbow build with efforts that is, I donā€™t support bad playing style).)))

Currently? My plans?
I have 4 character which i care about.

My main: Sw3-Pelt-Corsair-Fencer3
I probably wont change anything (since i love Sw3 - Pain Barrier, Restrain)
Pelt seems appealingfor Defense purpose (Evasion/PDef) - but i might change that into Barb1 for Cleave (Cleave + Lunge seems like a nice boost for Flannconade spamā€¦) - Also Bonus for Critical Rate (Which will probably very important)
Corsair - IĀ“ll stick to Corsair, because someday in the future i wanna use Rapier + Pistol (Also i like the costume)
Fencer - Well i wanna play a rapier class so no way around it, also i like its style (Epee Garde stance <3)

My alchemist - early ranks doesnt matter for this character, so iĀ“ll stick to my Pyro-Linker3-alche3 build

My Cryo-Chrono-Sage
Well Ice Magic is a must have, I always play anything with Ice Magic in games.
Timemagic is also something i realy like to play
For the Sage partā€¦i like that animations (probably stick to it)

My last character is a Sw1-Pelt-Hop2-Corsair3-Shinobi
This one will probably see a major overhaul (although im still set on Corsair 3 - Shinobi -> If i can play a Pirate Ninja, iĀ“ll play a Pirate Ninja)
I might change that build into Sw3-Pelt-Corsair3-Shinobi (Same reason as on my Fencer - i cant live without Pain Barrierā€¦)

In all honesty: this is one of these typical tl;dr posts that barely gets attention because it simply is too much.

Currently also concerning Sw2 for my Doppel build. I hope tos.neet or another source can provide a new/old comparision function in order to see how it works currently and then.

Man, you got to get with the status quo saying I am just an exaggerating doom poster. When you post something direct to the point then that is just trolling. IMC has not played the long ball game here with anything including all these radical changes.

A tree takes time to grow but sadly this one never got a proper plotting to grow and only became a twisted mess. It really is best to not plan or expect and just wait. That is what most people have been doing since April 2016.

1 Like

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Status_condition#Confusion

1 Like
  • Low ranks will become much more relevant in the combat update context, so expect people picking more base class circles (sword c3, archer c3).

• Due to the removal of exponential stat bonuses, now you can finally spread your stats based on your needs, instead of just full [insert main stat].

• Because of the improvement of the gameā€™s balance, people now have much more choices to make, and as consequence, you can expect a lot more of ā€œconfusing buildsā€ and rerolls due to the difficult of choosing ā€œrightā€.

I play swordsman classes most of the time, hopgoon in particular. So for me, the hopgoon usual meta build will change from Sw1 - Pelt1 - Hop3 - Doppel1 - Drg2 to Sw2 - Hop3 - Sw3 - Drg2.

1 Like