Tree of Savior Forum

Post-Patch Chaplain Discussion

Reset your char twice and try yourself. This is the best comparison ever.
I did this. =D

1 Like

This is correct and I second this notion. At least Lv1 Aspersion is needed or your Aspergillum line wonā€™t work.

Sacrament can be left unlearned and Last Rites still works though.

Iā€™ll try it out, canā€™t really say Iā€™m fond of it though, Iā€™ve known for a while now that Inquisitor caps off Chaplain perfectly, leaving you with a free R6 and R7.

Also, if the upcoming R9 leaks are to go by, Chaplain + Inquisitor 2 would be even better.

@DiMeowgio I donā€™t want to be rude nor anything near that but could you do some build planner for some insights? What is needed and what it is not. Like ATTR and SKILLS Level. Iā€™m new at this priest and chap branch and Iā€™m kinda lost. Also if it is possible, some gear and weapons. Iā€™m trying to do Valia and use some HG dagger or Didel Tower Shield? Blue Gems or Red ones? Thx in advance. xD

My exact build (also in my YT video description):

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#411222c8g.1a2a315564.11213f455167759a.153545.21314155617195.41657485

If you really want PD2:

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#411222cee.1a2a315564.11213f455167759a.153545.182a355275

For attributes:

Cleric:

Priest:

Chaplain:

Inquisitor:

PD2 (take note this is on a different char, but the attributes should be the same):

Gear:

Five Hammer still viable until you hit Lv315. Definitely go for either a Windia Rod or Vienarazis Maceā€¦ I suggest the mace so your alts can use it if you donā€™t want to transcend it.

Valia is okay, I have one too with 3x Lv6 Red Gems. Only use Blue Gems for your Rods.

Use a dagger if you feel like youā€™re surviving enough, with PD2, you can be like the literal Terminatorā„¢ and/or Wolverine thanks to Healing Factor. DTS is fine, put 2x Lv5/6 Red Gems to improve your physical attack when AA-ing.

2 Likes

@DiMeowgio OMG so fast; THANK YOU very much; Iā€™ll have a look on that =)

1 Like

Hey, Iā€™ve been stalking the thread and your knowledge is rly appreciated. That said, I would like to ask about accessories for an AA chap. Prob max peta? What about wrists?
Weapons wise, are suncus, catacombs club worth getting if I already have a 5x five hammer? Or would u recommend rods?

What about your other equipment besides the weapon? I see you posted the picture of it but Iā€™m kinda newbie (first char Iā€™ve got to lvl 240, still rocking that cafrisun set and five hammer because I literally have no idea what to get first or focus on) so I donā€™t know what are those gear pieces xD, also I was thinking about changing to a cleric2 priest3 krivis pd2 just for the Daino and to be on a more supportive role I guess, would that gear still work for that composition, or would you suggest other ranks for 6-8? since 1-5 are pretty much the core I suppose .-.

Max Petamion or Terralion (mine has the latter at +8, failed many times to +10).

Since Iā€™m loaded on M.Def due to Cloth Set (higher innate M.Def) and 5x Lv10 Nuaele cards, I use 2x +10 Zachariel Banglesā€¦ yes, those low level bracelets. Iā€™ve been using them ever since, so far, nothing exceeds them yet.

Heck, theyā€™re even more useful now that stats donā€™t get bonuses:

Hereā€™s my current entire gear

@Heartless:

Iā€™d say focus on stepping into R8 first. With the introduction of the new Hunting Grounds, youā€™ll have more options to gear your character at the mid-level-range (Lv270+). By that time, youā€™ll probably have more experience, as a general rule of thumb, with the update, you really have to choose what your preferred defensive stat would be. If you want more P.Def, you have to get Plate, more M.Def, go for Cloth, if youā€™d like to hit more accurately and crit often, youā€™ll go for Leather, also itā€™s balanced between its M and P.Def values.

Just for Daino? I donā€™t advise it since itā€™s very easy to circumvent through scrolls, and honestly theyā€™re not expensive given the benefits.

If you really want it then you wouldā€™ve gimped any potential self-DPS you wouldā€™ve gained from going Chaplain after Priest3. Instead this would be a more supportive character.

You will still hit very high due to your own Blessing, this is assuming youā€™ve gone mostly SPR. The road will just be ā€˜tougherā€™, but itā€™s not impossible.

What about skull smasher? Isnā€™t it a good option or the better one?

Okay thanks a lot, I might give it a try with your setup later on with one of the resets, as for stats, Iā€™ve atm full SPR, should I change that?

This is also my skill allocation this far (only class lvl 7 of PD)

Definitely yes, but he said heā€™s just made his first Lv240 char, take it easy on him :smiley:

Drop Safety Zone to Lv1, get the attribute to Lv20. Thatā€™s a total of 22 blocks at Lv1. Use the free points on Cure, itā€™s still a deliciously powerful multi-hit skill. Get the Cure: Interval attribute.

Remove Stone Skin, no use now, no one will ask for it, you wonā€™t benefit from it. Probably put that 1 point into Lv1 Mass Heal (still pretty good because itā€™s based on %age).

Aspersion Lv1 and Lv15 (with Lv75 attribute), in my testing, was about 2000 damage difference in Aspergillum line only with 2.2K MATK and 100 DEX - Rest SPR distribution. Up to you if thatā€™s worth it, I went with Lv1 Aspersion after the fact and distributed the rest to get Exorcise Lv5 and then use Magnus Lv5 in Chaplain instead of Capella (worthless IMO).

For PD1, max Bloodletting (Lv5), Go for at least Lv6 Healing Factor so you can keep it up 100% even without Divine Might. Once you get PD2, get Pandemic Lv1 and then the attribute right away (the difference is night and day).

EDIT:

Yes, 100 DEX invested, you donā€™t need to copy it though since Iā€™m always using Lv1 Monstrance to keep it higher than that and keep whacking fast. :smiley:

1 Like

Oh yeah; So Iā€™m going for skull smasher then xD thx
For him Iā€™d suggest Valia or the old Five Hammer; It seems that the HG with DPK drops less cubes so less gear around. Iā€™m not sure.

Is that 100 DEX allocated or in general?

Thanks, will make a few changes in 1 hour when we get the reset pots ^^

With C2 - Priest 3 - Chaplain - PD2

Is it better to go full SPR than Int right? I mean talking about only PD damage ( since I just want chaplain for last rites which is more dmg on death steam and incinerate )

Are there still Int Chaplains out there? <-- int chaplain post where you can see someone took the int/spr tests and pasted it (druid for later circles, but still chap dmg in AA and other cleric and priest dmg skills)

Youā€™ll have to try it out.

INT is better if you top off with MATK reliant classes like - C1-P3-Chap-Druid3.

For PD2, since I have no real tests done, I canā€™t say for certain. For my build which caps off at Inquisitor and is AA-reliant, SPR is better.

EDIT:

It never did that. It added damage to the monster based on their magic attack. So if you attack a monster and you hit it for 1 damage (1 line), then you MM it and it has 1000 magic attack, your next attacks [under MM debuff] will hit for 1001 damage. Crude example but you get the idea.

Good question, Iā€™ll check that later.[quote=ā€œmario_st, post:100, topic:359881ā€]
during a the debuff duration?
[/quote]

During the entire debuff duration on all targets with the debuff (remember you can debuff up to 7 at a time).

Ok, sry i missread the way maellus worked.

Is the maellus then addind that to all lines or just one? only on next atk or during a the debuff duration?

What do you think about the other variant of your build

Cleric C2 > Priest C3 > Chaplain > Miko > Inquisitor

is it any good? or is Oracle far superior than Miko now that Miko got nerfed?

Oracle is my personal choice. I have two other Mikos and honestly I donā€™t feel them for my Inqui-capped Chap.

I would say it has its merits though. Completely up to you, R7 (because C2-P3-Chap is already 6 ranks) is normally free for that build.

You can also build a C1-P3-Chap variant and see if youā€™re fine without Divine Might on your buffs. :smiley:

Full SPR
Cleric C2> Priest C3> Chaplain>Plague Doctor C2

Choose Plague still for the amazing regen.
Video has no soundā€¦ Thatā€™s my fault there.

So far this helps my cleric who has lvl 170 blunt weapon(45spr), lvl 75 dagger, agny, lvl 15 armor( you know which oneā€¦)

So poorā€¦

1 Like