Tree of Savior Forum

Are there still Int Chaplains out there?

Chap druid here since forever and I realy like this build.

Just tested both full spr and full int.

Attributes: Aspersion lvl 90, Carnivory lvl 70 and Magnum lvl 70.

AA:

SPR: total per hit: 21,7k

INT: total per hit: 19,5k

Carnivory:

SPR: 8,5k per hit

INT: 10,2k per hit

Magnum:

SPR: 7,1k per hit

INT: 7,2k per hit

So for now with INT I trade -2,2k per hit in AA for +1,7k per hit in carnivory… Magnum is the same…

Basicaly, not really a difference…

Since I can get a little more dmg from attribute lvl and monster gems with INT and I can get better sacrament and blessing from pardoners, I’ll stick with INT for now.

3 Likes

You can’t - pardoners don’t give you the blessing attribute, which is a 50% bonus. But that’s only relevant for party play, really.

Nice damage.
What’s your weapon ?

It’s a bit weird, my Magnus was doing more damage with INT (C2/P3/Chap/Kabba/Inqui).

I don’t know druid very well, you gain something on auto attack with Druid ?

Besides INT/SPR discussion, I’m also asking myself about weapons, with my build I don’t see any point running a Mace when you can get a Rod. Do you know if the new formula with %atk take in account both m.atk and p.atk for some skills ?

Better than mine with full int, I mean… wich is 881 bless 100 sacrament

Before patch yes, now just a little matk, but I get 40% def plus 78k Hp

I have a windia Rod since I have to AA with dagger while in transform

While I love the numbers, I think what’s really missing in this equation is Blessing. Because blessing adds an additional line to almost every hit you make, and it is ridiculously amped up by SPR. With blessing, some are saying that its extra lines in magnus, cure, and other such DOTs, even far surpasses the base damage of the skill itself. That, plus Blessing also ridiculously increases your AA damage.

INT is better for Chap-Druid because your Druid skills scale off of Magic Attack, so you’ll definitely see the benefit there.

For the rest of us that only really uses AA + the occasional Exo-Magnus (ie: we didn’t take any matk reliant R6/R7/R8 classes), your test proves that SPR is better for it.

1 Like

Haven’t tested it out yet (still at work), but I’m planning to follow your initial recommendation of getting at least 250 SPR as minimum (we spoke online :D) - I then plan to go full Int for my C3>P3>Chap>Inq. Just some quick clarifications: (1) was that 250 calculated including bonuses from gear? (because I calculated it that way, heh), and (2) was the 250 a rough estimation of diminishing returns or some sort of soft cap for SPR?

Not sure how much Int I can raise, but I’m guessing I will end up with a 2:1 Spr:Int distribution by 330.

if you can hit your Matk over 4k without spending any stat to int, then all go to spr its more perfectly lol

That 250 is invested (put in exactly 250 points regardless of final outcome). Then spread out the rest… if I remember our conversation correctly. >.<

KToS peeps seem to border on hitting 250 (invested) on the priority stat and then the rest for a secondary stat, rarely a third stat. That’s where the idea came from.

Meaning not necessarily in INT?:laughing: Yeah, I don’t know man. @Wurmheart’s views on Int seems to resonate with me. It seems to make sense to still invest in INT given skills that are still affected by MATK (i.e. Heal, Cure, Exo-Magnus, Malleus). And given how IMC already took out stat bonuses (whereas before you get an extra stat point when investing x points on the same stat), it encourages hybrid stat builds.

But crap. To tell you the truth, I’m still really undecided. I’m not too confident with tests I did either since it all seems half-baked, given my character is not even R8 yet.:confounded:

Like I’ve repeatedly stated, if you’re following my exact build (caps off with Ora-Inqui), INT is not needed.

For your build, you will be AA-ing more than anything.

Give it a spin. I’ve reiterated that if you’re going to rely on magic based attacks, you will benefit more from INT (eg: Druid3). If you’re going to AA more, even tests done by others indicate SPR is better.

JUST TRY BOTH. You literally have free daily resets. it’s not impossible to test. >___< They’re free.

Did anyone test out 1:1 INT:SPR yet? Maybe going hybrid might yield better results than just going full INT or full SPR?

If we get an additional slot by IMC (as they promised for whoknowshowmanycommentposts on the Website design), I might just throw my Wizard idea out of the window in favor of building a Chaplain>Krivis2>Taoist. I’ve tried out Chaplain on my sub-Clerics and it’s a decent Class, probably the best subchoice until Rank 10 reaches us here next year.

That’s why it would be interesting to know [for people who already have a maxlevel character and decent gear to test it] since I surely won’t build this character anytime soon [still gotta level all my subs to at least Rank 7/8 for Saalus/testing purposes @.@] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Took the words out of my mouth man.:slight_smile:

It is my tomorrows test for my chap :slight_smile: go int/spr on him to test out exorcise, magnus, cure and AA dmg 1:1 spr int. compared to todays test:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veYpEY8bTJA <-- Sorry for the background autoplay on youtube video audio music :slight_smile:

gear is a non gem cata club, shield is ledas only +4 same as club, suurit items for armor, for more SPR tomorrow i will test without that to go int/spr with cafrisun, since it removes int (suurit, for the spr given), with cafrisun i earn 1 dmg line which instead of giving me AA dealing 9-10k (in video) and go 10-10,5k per hit but loosing shitloads of def and mdef which lead into getting to close to death many times.

@Wurmheart Love you too, babe. But given the fact that you feel the need to call me out for no reason other than to feed your ego, I will respond.

Or, I would respond if there was even anything to dispute. SPR is better for chap alone, thanks for adding the formula and math behind it.

To clear the air, I just want to share that based on some tests I did myself, I confirm that at least for my build (i.e. C3>P3>Chap>Inq), pure SPR is the way to go. It just lends more flexibility to damage. @DiMeowgio was indeed correct, for Chap builds that have limited use of offensive spells (i.e. occasional Exo-Mag, Cure, Heal, and Malleus later on), SPR guarantees a more steady stream of consistently decent-to-high damage.

2 Likes

It’s still a far cry from int chaplains being dead however.
And yes spr does more dmg on auto attacks (especially if you include sacrament/last rites scaling and a cafrisun set, int chap not using pardoner buffs.)

But that’s also not all a chaplain does, nor is it the only viable chaplain build.

Like I’ve stated repeatedly, I would not need to call out if you didn’t post misleading rubbish.
But as usual anytime I’d dare criticize you, you automatically assume/proclaim it is due to a personal fault of mine. It’s more than a bit too convenient.

@Kertes:
Don’t forget that int/str have to deal with defenses where spr doesn’t. Int can add some nice dmg, but it requires a proper atk to def ratio to pull it off properly.

Spr however, starts off strong and can still use aspergillum to stay competitive later on. Prob the easiest cleric build to level atm as well.

2 Likes

But that’s also not all a chaplain does

A chaplain does auto-attacks and ME. In this thread alone there is an ME test that shows the difference is negligible and you admit that spr does more damage for autos.

nor is it the only viable chaplain build

The only builds I can see where INT would out-do SPR (Provided godlike equips) would be perhaps some flavor of Chap-Druid or Chap-PD, since then they would be using less skills centric to chaplain, and would probably be better off not having Chaplain to begin with.

Testing if sadhu one also does :wink: will tell in two days.