Tree of Savior Forum

[POLL] Will you quit if IMC implements circle resets?

Do you understand that you’re telling support players to go eat cake? Right now players can take pride in the effort put into things like leveling full support builds. With full class resets, anyone who does that will be mocked and considered an idiot. Since everyone will be playing optimal soloing builds for leveling, there will be fewer parties and fewer opportunities for supports to play support. This is an MMO, so interactions and accomplishments exist in a multiplayer context.

And that’s a huge but recent problem. While leveling my first character, Dina Bee was possibly the most fun map in the entire leveling experience. New players have been deprived of that fun because of a change in the behavior of other players.

So why do we have Alemeth, Evac, Storage, etc parties? We have up to rank 7, we have metas, we have optimal solo builds up to rank 7, yet we still have grind parties and people going into dungeons.

Because they didn’t implement class resets yet? Since there’s no resets, people still have to level the builds they want to have in the end. The problem would start with new characters created after class resets go in, when people who want a cryo/chrono for earth tower will level a soloing build instead and reset to support at the level cap.

What was it? Now I’m curious.

helo am ardcor plaier bashin kepa :monkey_face:

1 Like

So you’re saying that once class resets get implemented, no one is going to grind Evac, Storage, etc anymore?

Are we talking about the kind of “no one” as in “Wow no one runs this anymore, I’ve been waiting for hours and there were no groups, this game is dead”? I’m saying it’ll be significantly harder to find groups, fewer people will be leveling characters, and people will spend more time soloing while questing through those ranges, and groups that do try to form will have a very hard time finding important support skills like haste.

good morning~ hows ya day~

tonyo say should ban all “I quit if class reset is real”… im sad

Actually waiting in queue for mission, alone.

It’'ll really be more of a contempt quit. You might need to google that one.

Remember that it has to be something players can abuse to respec multiple circles on a single character, though.

If it’s heavily restricted to prevent bullshit like people going easy leveling builds then switching to a full support character, or it doesn’t let people drop a C3 they decided wasn’t meta enough for them, then I’m cool with a reset option, and would have no desire to quit.

On the other hand, if it’s some cash shop crap where you can pay $10 USD to change as many circles as you like and you get your attribute silver refunded, I will delete my characters so hard it’ll break my keyboard.

If you mean fewer people leveling from rerolling, then this game is entirely doomed once all the metas and whatnot up to rank 10 are established anyway. You may have somewhat of a point about the support class. Honestly, I don’t know why you would take support at cap if you didn’t want to level it in the first place since people will still desire it. Not to mention you exclude yourself from the experience gained in actually using the class. No one would take you seriously.

I’m fine with no resetting to merchant classes (but merchant class can switch out if they want) . Also support classes can reset to DPS (or other support types) but not the other way round.

I wonder just how low the population has to drop before those rabid anti-reset camp changes their mind. Go out of this fanboy forum and check out comments in facebook, reddit and elsewhere. Everyone else wants resets, even with restrictions.

1 Like

“I will quit forever! I’ll delete my characters, i know im not coming back”

call me a troll or whatever floats your boat but if resets really do come

-> http://imgur.com/3mkiTF6

btw i didnt read all what you posted, too tired of drama like i said save it for later.

yes i am for resets but i dont want it now and i want it to come with restrictions hence why i picked 3rd choice even if its not really the choice that i want

1 Like

Remember how many players quit after the neutral guild system ?

welp will happen the same thing.

1 Like

Just changed my vote to quit from unhappy. Not happy with the direction it is heading. There are some things you cant change and this is one of them. It is gradually becoming too carebear for me even tho my highest level is lv160 and i only rerolled once.

Maybe its time to check out some games with a clear focus that doesnt waver.

And i still dont have my ‘shady geologist’ title despite Amy saying they will fix it for me over 10 days ago.

@STAFF_Max
@STAFF_Amy
@STAFF_Ines
@STAFF_Ethan
@STAFF_John

I think I’ll end my participation here. I neither support nor oppose class, circle, or any type of reset and my arguments shouldn’t be taken as such. I’m just trying to pry out reasons for people not to quit. I won’t deny that either side has valid points, so I’ll just say best of luck.

let me revive the discussion here~

I myself will quit TOS if they implement Class Reset of any sort, be it Restricted/TP/Event-Reward etc etc
But that’s just me…

However, for the sake of those who still play, imho, since Skill Reset is sold in TP already, next, Stat Reset and Class Reset will be in the TP as well~

however, IMC have history of not getting anything right the first time, so, lets just allow IMC to do this Class Reset in whichever way they like.
Then, IMC will gather more feedback to tweak it down the road until its somewhat balance

hint: look at Siaulai Mission…
1st month, lack of participant, IMC solution, Cross Server Queue
2nd month, lack of participant, IMC solution, new Mission BGM
3rd month, nothing much… but Dungeon Exceed Server is real ~ huehuehue~
4th month, lack of participant, IMC solution, raise level limit, now lv gap 20 and ever punishing dmg/exp penalty for the gap
5th month, boring siaulai, IMC solution, will shorten the torch time to 1min

IMC will do things badly for most of the things, but surely, IMC will listen and slowly fix things so you guys can keep playing the game buying TP

who knows, maybe in year 2020, siaulai mission will be the best ever mission because of the feedback/suggestion! (huehuehue)
Siaulai in year2020 will have laser turret shooting everywhere, unicorn flying around sh1tting rainbow, sky is raining popcorn etc… (huehuehue)

Quit now vs Quit later, there is no merit at all…

Game is for fun.

I play coz its still fun. I post in forum coz its fun.

paradox

you think you’re playing the game?
when actually, IMC is playing you!

5 Likes

easy guys IMC just want to divide player base for reduce lag and make more money ( kill two birds with one stone )

Stop crying about this already, people! It hasn’t even happened yet and nobody knows if it even will!

Well said!

well said. huehuehue

I honestly don’t get it. Why do people ask for Circle resets when it takes 10 freakin days to get from level 1 to 280. Do you want them to just give you a level 280 character right when you make the character?

Also, IMC would have to be extremely stupid to ruin their cash grab scheme with EXP Tomes.

1 Like