Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] Transcendence System

They really need to do something about transcendance, it only allows RMT players to advance more than casual players. Imbalance economy. And everytime I see those who have level 10 Transcend I really feel theres no point of playing. Good side is the community or other players who enjoy this game as theres nothing wrong.

1 Like

Thankfully IMC has ruled nothing out in regards to rebalancing, that’s one of the areas I draw hope from TOS. I think we need concrete ideas to send to IMC though, and I’m talking exact or almost exact numbers.

make trascend increase final damage , lvl1 10% - lvl 10 100% , because it is not fair for one handed class

Just give lots of suggestions on how to change the system so IMC wont implement half ass solution. The solution should cover all the angles not just selected point of view. If you know the system suck so bad it also means you know how to fix it. Saying it is bad without offering solution wont bring us to your desired or preferred fix. This always happen, killing most of the fun out of TOS because of bad suggestion(only 1 point of view).

Transcendence is a good system in theory, just not at this time, game is not even finished yet and transcendence should be an end game objective.

Right now, i feel the easiest (laziest) solution, and possibly the less rage-inducing one, would be to just make shards like, really, really easy to obtain, this way they can continue with the power creep and not have to rebalance everything, cause right now it feels really shi**y to finally come close to “end game” just to find out you NEED to have transcended gear to even quest.

I would personally like transcendence to just go all together, but because of obvious reasons, that wont happen.

Anyways, i think theres not a good solution without making everyone who got high lvl transcendence feel cheated for all the time they invested on that /:

1 Like

The way transcendence was implemented is just lazy, uninventive game design disguised as new content to pave the way for more “new, harder content”.

Instead of giving players the flexibility when it comes to gearing as we progress throughout the game, we’re stuck with aiming for BIS before succumbing to the transcendence cancer.

Then they decide it’s not enough and made the system accessible for RMT/whaling practice as well.

Now that it’s fully rooted into the game, removing it will only cause more harm than good what with IMC’s history of making working stuff break. As a lot of you has said in this thread, a lot of players have already invested a lot of time (and/or ehem money) into this flawed scaling system.

You cut the roots, the tree dies.

The only possible solution is a rework - something that makes it welcoming for new and casual players while still rewarding veteran/hardcore players. The post below can be a good start for IMC’s consideration.

1 Like

What option would you think will be good? would like to know your input in transcendence system.

Just reduce shard costs by a lot such that players can gear themselves in human time. High level Transcend makes most classes playable it’s just not affordable, reduce the huge amount of investment and problem fixed.
Guess that’s too easy.

sounds like shards are available now in tp, and a few hardwork coupons for those who farm it

They have already stated that can’t remove transcendence since there were people that put the effort (re: irl money or guild collaberation when shards were tradable) to get stage 8-10 items.

I think that re-working transcendence to boost stats only would be a good option, however this will take a complete re-working of STR/DEX and INT to make sense.

Honestly STR and DEX should just be combined with tweaking to make sure that crit rates scale in a similar way that it did when stacking DEX (since you get more STR per rank). This would remove the common complaint that physical classes have it worse than casters. Remove crit attack completely.

For INT, make magic able to crit and have points invested boost crit rate. aaand we are done here.

To add some spice, make SPR have crit resistance tied to it. Full support builds would then have a reason to go SPR instead of just flat CON.

Honestly all this is kinda moot unless the entire stat system is re-worked to not revolve around flat values and instead scale with %s…but at least this will stop the insane power creep that transcendence provides.

EDIT: Another option would be to flat out remove SPR and replace with AGI. considering the above change to STR/DEX, remove the ties with evasion and move them to AGI, and make AGI provide crit resistance as well. This would make AGI a pure defensive stat similar to CON. Perhaps add an attack speed element to it, but you would have to be really careful with its scaling.

Sorry for double post:

Changing Transcendence to stats could look like this:

Weapons: Boost STR or INT, depending on weapon
Shield: Boost CON & AGI
Top/Bottom: Boost CON & AGI
Gloves: Boost STR or INT, depending on gloves
Boots: Boost CON & AGI

Just a thought.

1 Like

Rofl i quit before reforging happened. I feel bad for you guys though, like really cuz mabinogi was my favorite game before G8 happened.

As said already on this thread there are others satisfy options.
There are so many who already invested money, time and put a lot of effort to it.
How “nerf” this feature and compensate this people…
Well on my view there is simple no way to fix this now without loss.

But one simple way to deal with it and add some competitive play,is to reduce it ONLY in pvp like the lv on everyone in tbl is equal

give by inicial class to everyone same status, for mages more int for archers more str and dex for swordsman more str and con for clerigs str,int and some con.
Or a cap in magic/phisical/critical l/atk/def and hp(this all is just an example).
This would solve most class balance problems. And add some tatics to it.

And on pve, duels 1x1 and gbl the power would remain making the efort to get transcendence valid

That in my opinion would be a good way to it without many one side efect

1 Like

Considering that transcendence won’t go away and its terrible features. They should be completely reworked to provide fixed bonuses instead of percentage that depend on the equipment rank.

So for example…
A safe upgrade gives x points
An overgrade gives 2x points
A transcendence gives 1.5x points, can be upgraded up to 10x

Given that ToS barely works on a percentage system until transcendence broke it, numbers will have to change to a fixed bonus. Since enough people will be screwed should this change exist, it will be changed in such a way that you only need 1 gem to transcend. As for items becoming untradeable, this will be lifted with the exception of Earth Tower gear.

This should put IMC into position to properly balance R8 damage which is obscenely strong and seems to be the only way to counteract the incredibly high attack and defense only obtained through transcendence.

Lastly, to add some fun to the game, let us not restrict these blessed gems only for transcendence, let us have the ability to craft with these shards into abrasives since mercenary post gives us garbage (another thing for IMC to rework)

As for the cost to make it
1 shard for Lv 1
5 shards for Lv 2
1 gem for Lv 3
2 gems for Lv 4
4 gems for Lv 5

While I believe a Lv 2 brings a gem to Lv 5, it’ll require a Lv 4 gem abrasive to get it to Lv 6 from scratch, but a Lv 5 gem abrasive can bring it to Lv 7 from scratch.

At least with these changes, everybody will enjoy gems and not have to deal with obscene transcendence numbers because hey, nobody likes taking 70k to the face.

Finally, let’s look at Earth Tower and its terrible DPS checks that are going to obviously fail should this get implemented, Earth tower should simply be a survive or die sequence where prizes go up according to how well you have done. So instead of ending up with 1 prize per run, you can get up to 3. Treat it like bonus objectives such as no deaths or no structures broken. Also when there is a death, they can respawn on the exact floor.

You can say that this is making the game too easy, but when content cannot be completed because it requires specific composition, this shouldn’t be a ‘git gud’ scenario. It’ll be somewhat harder to complete and that should be it. I will leave that to IMC because we know how how OP that gear can actually be.

You don’t have to remove transcendence just drop the time commitment through normal means.
Like Drop Armor and Access Trans to 3. Weapon Trans to 6.

they could just limit what level items are trancend-able and do a something else for the next set of content/levels.

Yeah i agree. I think the biggest problem is the range between a trancended weapon and a regular.

1 Like

Only way you can make magic crit is if you also make it able to miss to balance it out.

4 Likes

I would really demand a refund or compensation, and I mean money, if all I’ve invested in transcending items becomes easier to obtain from one day to another, or changes in any way it nullifies all I’ve invested buying tp to get shards, for example. We’re talking real money here, not just a game issue. It’d be a plain scam/theft from IMC.

I’ve got the feeling that giving TP as a compensation won’t cut it to be honest.
Is there something with equal value as transcendance in TP store?
Is there something you can get without gambling your TP away?

Silver could be a better compensation, even then, it is not great.

They could remove it or changing it without ever compensating players, because they really don’t have a reason to do so, unless they want to keep their players which I’m beggining to doubt is even a concern of theirs.