Tree of Savior Forum

[Poll] Transcendence System

Considering that transcendence won’t go away and its terrible features. They should be completely reworked to provide fixed bonuses instead of percentage that depend on the equipment rank.

So for example…
A safe upgrade gives x points
An overgrade gives 2x points
A transcendence gives 1.5x points, can be upgraded up to 10x

Given that ToS barely works on a percentage system until transcendence broke it, numbers will have to change to a fixed bonus. Since enough people will be screwed should this change exist, it will be changed in such a way that you only need 1 gem to transcend. As for items becoming untradeable, this will be lifted with the exception of Earth Tower gear.

This should put IMC into position to properly balance R8 damage which is obscenely strong and seems to be the only way to counteract the incredibly high attack and defense only obtained through transcendence.

Lastly, to add some fun to the game, let us not restrict these blessed gems only for transcendence, let us have the ability to craft with these shards into abrasives since mercenary post gives us garbage (another thing for IMC to rework)

As for the cost to make it
1 shard for Lv 1
5 shards for Lv 2
1 gem for Lv 3
2 gems for Lv 4
4 gems for Lv 5

While I believe a Lv 2 brings a gem to Lv 5, it’ll require a Lv 4 gem abrasive to get it to Lv 6 from scratch, but a Lv 5 gem abrasive can bring it to Lv 7 from scratch.

At least with these changes, everybody will enjoy gems and not have to deal with obscene transcendence numbers because hey, nobody likes taking 70k to the face.

Finally, let’s look at Earth Tower and its terrible DPS checks that are going to obviously fail should this get implemented, Earth tower should simply be a survive or die sequence where prizes go up according to how well you have done. So instead of ending up with 1 prize per run, you can get up to 3. Treat it like bonus objectives such as no deaths or no structures broken. Also when there is a death, they can respawn on the exact floor.

You can say that this is making the game too easy, but when content cannot be completed because it requires specific composition, this shouldn’t be a ‘git gud’ scenario. It’ll be somewhat harder to complete and that should be it. I will leave that to IMC because we know how how OP that gear can actually be.

You don’t have to remove transcendence just drop the time commitment through normal means.
Like Drop Armor and Access Trans to 3. Weapon Trans to 6.

they could just limit what level items are trancend-able and do a something else for the next set of content/levels.

Yeah i agree. I think the biggest problem is the range between a trancended weapon and a regular.

1 Like

Only way you can make magic crit is if you also make it able to miss to balance it out.

4 Likes

I would really demand a refund or compensation, and I mean money, if all I’ve invested in transcending items becomes easier to obtain from one day to another, or changes in any way it nullifies all I’ve invested buying tp to get shards, for example. We’re talking real money here, not just a game issue. It’d be a plain scam/theft from IMC.

I’ve got the feeling that giving TP as a compensation won’t cut it to be honest.
Is there something with equal value as transcendance in TP store?
Is there something you can get without gambling your TP away?

Silver could be a better compensation, even then, it is not great.

They could remove it or changing it without ever compensating players, because they really don’t have a reason to do so, unless they want to keep their players which I’m beggining to doubt is even a concern of theirs.

You still got an advantage for some period of time though but ya you have a point.

As it stands, physical attacks can miss, hit, crit and be blocked. Magic can only hit.

What I am proposing would eliminate the need for physical classes to split their stats in both STR and DEX, while allowing magic to crit.

I’d say that’s a reasonable trade. It will never be completely homogeneous between physical and magic.

EDIT: Most Magic can be avoided altogether in this game since they are magic circles, so I don’t think adding magic miss would be necessary. As long as STR and INT are appealing enough, a well built physical class should only miss vs someone who focuses on AGI (in this model).

Problem starts when you have gears that give insane stats that stat investment alone won’t cut it. Leather armor with 110 evasion stat bonus. It’ll push everyone to dex builds. Unless you have gears that can provide enough accuracy, it won’t cut it to make magic a hit or miss

Honestly, magic does not need to crit, it was just an idea to make INT worth getting.

If INT scaled correctly along with STR, and DEX was removed I think that would work as well.

Would be better if skill damage was based off its respective int or str (in some cases both)

Reworking stats is a start, but transcendence just needs to go. People are going to replace their old trans items eventually anyway as the game changes with more ranks/New content.

Anything that encourages “dailies” is cancerous. Even the way ET works is a huge chore. Games that last have content. Daily grinds are not a substitute.

6 Likes

That does exist now, since abilities scale from magic or physical attack, the important piece is to have STR and INT boost these values by a percent instead of a flat value, and then tie transcendence to stats.

This poll is unfortunately missing an option like “Keep transendence, just heavily nerf its effects”. I’m sure transendence would be fine if it’d improve weapons by only 50~100% at level 10 instead of 550% like it is right now.

They should reduce the amounts of shards needed for each step and at the same time reduce transendence overall power. That way people don’t have to focus on one char and one set of gear only, but it’ll be worth it time- and power-wise to reinvest in transendence every time you get a higher level of gear.
I think that’d be far better than what it is right now: right now you only focus on one char and one equip set and the benefits are so good that you don’t even care about the next tier of equipments, because what’s the point of getting a level 400 weapon with 500 atk when your level 330 maxed out weapon with 550% dmg bonus already does damage cap?

I don’t think that -leaving the trans system alone and just have the next items not work with the trans system- would work.

What sane person would give up his level 330 8k attack weapon for a level 500 ~2k attack weapon that you can’t power up at least to the same amount of damage? It’d still be broken, people would just keep their level 330 equip instead of bothering to get new non-transable equip…

Just because something is “already there” it doesn’t mean that it’s good for the game nor that we should never change it. Thus, if something is not good for the game it should be changed.

I don’t see why people would need compensation for it , because in the case of a transendence nerf people with level 10 trans weapons would still keep their level 10 trans weapons, it’d only be the values that change. Their maxed out weapons would still be maxed out, which is something they probably would’ve done anyway, regardless whether the trans system gives 50% atk power or 550% at level 10.

I think instead of talking about “compensation” the more important thing right now is to actually change the trans system. Whether those poor, poor people with their maxed out level 10 trans gear and billions of silver (exaggerated) deserve compensation and what kind of compensation should not be the main focus of the discussion right now, that can come later and in a different topic.

If they absolutely need compensation they could get a great part of their invested shards back as items in their inventory, with the amount being relative to the nerf that would be done to the change to transendence-power and relative to their invested shards vs how many shards you’ll need with the new system.

That way they can either keep them to trans future equip or sell them for silver.

1 Like

Compensation who gives a ■■■■.
The system is a huge barrier and doesn’t help the population which ■■■■■ up other aspects of the game.

Nerf the recipes.

4 Likes

There will always be people who want to min-max in MMOs, the point is and I agree with Csiko, is that this game boils down to running daily content over and over because there is no content to speak of.

When the game actually has meaningful content (IF), then no one will want to run Saalus 10 times on 5 alts every day instead of doing that new content.

wanted to say kudos for the “hue” option

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

So after you removed trans or changed it what we gonna do in E.T? Let it rot as it is because we are unable to clear it anymore? I mean give your suggestion on how to change the current system. The problem doesnt stop after you removed it.

Its laughable at its finest only those who dont have higher trans are crying for it. Unable to compete and hoping to trash the effort of others for their own selfish reasons. I would actually believe if majority of those against have higher trans but not.

iTOS is notorious for giving out stupid ideas only to regret it afterwards, thats how shallow this place understanding is. DPK hater questioning why they dont get item drops after thousands of kills or hours of grinding, just lol. Nerf magic class, here IMC rubbed it to your face. WB nerf, now World bossing is dead. Guild neutrality etc.

These people will cry for sure if lower ranks were left in the dark or gotten buff too much after they removed trans. Solmiki being impassable or IMC slow to update lower ranks because they wanted it to be manually buff every class, where balance dont even exist in the first place.

3 Likes

Except the Trans system doesn’t make sense whether you’re at stage 10 or not given that ultimately its still 6 shards per day on a character.

Which means you either have a bunch of characters who exist solely to fund 1 character (this is a stupid way of designing a game) or you have a bunch of players who just sell all their shards and thus by extention those characters cannot progress because shards are required.

FFXIV has Tomestomes which do a similar gating. Every 4 months it gets easier to reach thew new level of power (through various means) before an even stronger level comes out. Players do get bored of this but the bottom line is that it’s about 1-2 months for anyone playing to gear up.

In Tree of savior without people literally sacrificing the progression of themselves or other character it takes eons to gear up with Trans. It’s simply not distributed at a rate that can remotely work for the general playerbase at all. Which is part of why people wanted it tradable to begin with although it was a stupid idea because it didn’t fix the underlying issue with blessed shard creation.

4 Likes