Tree of Savior Forum

[POLL] Future of Catagoon (Cata C3 > Dragoon): Dragoon C2 or Dragoon > Lancer? šŸ‡

Swash 25% hp dissapears when you remove your shield. lol

Your right peltasta just sucks all together for pvp. Unless you want to be a full tank (which sucks) you take peltasta 1 just to get into parties because you like when other sh1tty 5k archers tell you what to do
thats my opinion on the peltasta class

not entirely though. pelt 1 is survival mode option. when you witch to shield

1950 block on guard or 400 passive . + evasion and defense from guardian is + 25% hp ā€¦and if you wear sagewall for shield 115 mdefā€¦is enough for you to survive a lot of skills. magic with physical.

I managed to survived a frost tree and being hit with rush and cannon with thatā€¦then managed to run and come back with rush and kill that cannoner at leastā€¦ haha

those secnariosā€¦ will save you by having a pelt defense optionsā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m afraid Lancer will make my peltasta a mostly wasted rank. All pelta buffs go away when you switch to 2hS, and it seems Lancerā€™s skills all work with 2hS only. Ugh. Thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m really considering goon2.

2 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s reallynot right to totally make a whole rank useless.

I wonder why they made Lancer 2H-spear exclusive. Could be that itā€™d be too powerful (hard to kill) with shield on?

The best thing to do right now is to wait a bit more after iTOS release of R8 to see if something changes with regards to class progression.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the case. I believe theyā€™re limiting swordsmen to somehow fit their lore, and thatā€™s about it. Although I recall some lancers using a shield and a ridiculously thick armor in movies lol.

The one thing swordsmen are missing is a way to break CC entirely that fits into the concept of not using magic for it. Let me dream for a bit here, 'kay?

Skill description:
Name: Force of will
Description: Removes status that prevent normal movement (freeze, raise, slow, MF, etc)
Cooldown: 60seconds

Explanation: Itā€™s basically ā€œpowering throughā€ a condition. You know, call it adrenaline or pure will or whatever. Kinda makes sense.

Name: Berserk
Description: Movement is unrestricted and unaffected by Status ailments for the duration of this skill
Duration: 30 seconds (give me a break here)
Cooldown: 60 seconds (i knowā€¦ i know)

Explanation: Another example of a swordie or mounted unit who just keeps on moving by strength alone. Dude went mad, attitute voice ā€œder ainā€™t no stoppinā€™ meeh, imma have yo aasā€

Or something like that
/dream

Back to reality though, depending on how PvP evolves, picking lancer or goon could be tricky. If lancerā€™s skills are too hard to land, probably goon2 will be more reasonable to try to 1shot people. And I totally agree removing the option of a 1h spear+shield and killing a rank in the process is absurd.

1 Like

I havenā€™t read any comments but Lancer is GvG focused and Dragoon PvE/PvP focused. If you donā€™t plan on playing in guild wars, Lancer wouldnā€™t be a great choice.

"Silences Wizards and Clerics for [10 + Skill Lv] second"

This skill tastes like bacon in the morning. Time to break out my dormant S3C3D1 swordie.

Joust
Max Level: 15
Type: Melee (Pierce)
Cooldown: 33
SP: 57 (+9/Lv)

Requirement: 2-handed Spear

AoE Ratio: +0(?)
Damage: 3636.7 (+587.9/Lv) -> Lv5: 6028.5
Hit Count: Unknown
Crit Chance: +30% + ( Skill Lv x 2 )% -> Lv5: 40%

Destroys magic circles
Reduces INT and Magic Attack(?) for [10 + Skill Lv] seconds
Silences Wizards and Clerics for [10 + Skill Lv] seconds

Attributes:

Joust: Enhance (Max Lv: 100)

• +1% damage per level
2 Likes

Yes. I want to be a lancer too. But our build says goon2. Sooā€¦ goon2 it is.

Lancer I think is gonna be good in 5v5 too. Maybe not much for 2v2, thatā€™s for goon2.

IMC forced us into goon2 so goon2 it is lol. Tbh i really wanted to be lancer too but a whole wasted rank is no good. U should just reroll at that point.

1 Like

Itā€™ll be even easier for you guys to get into parties because youā€™re considered DPS already, and have swashbuckling compared to sw3 builds.

Yeah. But to be really honest. I did not get peltasta for that purpose lol. I just really like being a shield and spear wielding mounted dude. Like a paladin in ragnarok with cc skills of a mastersmith. The perfect description of class I love to play. I am having fun. That is the point of it allšŸ˜„ā€¦

and I am used to solo leveling too. Dont really like parties at all. Mmorpg for me is for buy and sell trading hunt and pvpā€¦

1 Like

There is noone to party with in Orsha anyways.

You must be really sad theiršŸ˜Ÿ unlike here in varena. Every channel in almost every map has atleast 1 player or botā€¦
Hehe

Not really lol. I can solo anywhere i want. I think partties might just slow me down. Cuz when u solo yes exp is lower but u get more gold.

However when you are alone in demon prison 2 it is a bit creepy XD. All the leveling guides dont apply to me.

1 Like

but but butā€¦the point of mmorpg is having multiple playersā€¦even a loner guy like ā€¦appreciate thatā€¦:smile:

I wouldnt mind more ppl in grinding spots lol.

@fatedhour @Biskee Catagoon is a good class to Solo, especially if you like farming with swash or in areas where the mobs are far apart. At higher levels a party might be needed for exp, but the silver gain of going solo and a decent clear speed for anything under 10k HP made me skip any party at bees and I will at least try to do it at higher level maps lol

1 Like

pressing C guard while have trot is a litte weird i think