Tree of Savior Forum

[POLL] Future of Catagoon (Cata C3 > Dragoon): Dragoon C2 or Dragoon > Lancer? 🏇

###Lancer

I think Lancer provides some really good utility for solo and group PVP - the true Cataphract - “a cavalry class which is specialized in breaking through a group of monsters or barriers”.

###Dragoon C2

Dragoon C2 on the other hand greatly enhances the damage output of the class, including lower rank attack skills. PVE-wise, I think this is the go-to R8.

The new skill “Dethrone” is going to inflict occasional debuff effects on boss monsters by reducing their movement and attack speed.

Boss only? Hopefully the debuff should work on normal/captain mobs and players as well.

So, which of the two are you gonna go with, and why?

• Dragoon C2
  • Lancer

0 voters

lancer, cause costume is awesome.

and ToS pve is pretty boring for me.

Reroll. Cata3>corsair>lancer

I created a new character hyped for the announcement and costume, currently sitting at Hoplite and almost reaching Cataphract. Rank 8 going for Lancer.

No vote, Dragoon c2 or lancer depends on what you want to focus on

• Lancer focuses on PvP effect and counter magic
  • Dragoon c2 focuses on burst damage and party buff (works in both PvP and PvE)

Also that depends on your build as well. Now you can go:

• Sword -> pelt -> hop 2 -> cata 3 -> lancer
  • Sword 3 -> cata 3 -> dragoon 2

My personal pick is dragoon 2 for more versatility (serpentine debuff + gae bulg debuff = physical goodness)

Sword pelt hop2 cata3 lancer is a disgusting build lol.

But anyways for my pvp cata i prefer lancer by far.

What do you guys think of a Sword3 Cata3 Dopel1 Lancer build as an alt to Catagoon2 or Goonlancer?

Just gonna pickup lv.5 on DPE, DoV and Mordschlag (since you can’t use Cyclone or Punish when mounted).

/2020

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

That’s the dilemma I’m having.

I do want to go Dragoon C2 (currently Sword3 Cata3, if ever I’ll ultimately play again after today’s patch XD), but I feel like that’s more suited for a Sw1 Pel1 Hop1 Cata3 build (Serpentine then Stabbing for example).

Lancer on other hand provides really good PVP support which I think is the best progression for the current meta PVP cata build which mine was based on. But what I am going to be for R7? :frowning:

2 Likes

1 Like

Oh man, I totally forgot about 2H spear bonus that comes with picking Dragoon. :smile:

I think I’m sold for Goon C2. Anyways, I’ll probably still have a long grind to go and by the time I’ll hopefully face the R8 question, there’ll be enough info on whether Lancer or Goon C2 is better.

Lodge will be expanded to 40 slots, and yes you still have to pay for them

Just wait for skill info, it might turn out not as dazzling as the screenshots

3 Likes

Really not sure myself.Went Pelt 1 > Hop C3 > Cata C1 >Dragoon C1 for a PvE focused build that is fun solo or in parties.

C2 seems alright,but Lancer also seems appealing with its moveset and defense against magic attacks.Really tired of the relentless magic attacks on the later maps.

I agree with @thailehuy in that it may not turn out to be what we think,but any advice either way?

It’s in my Dragoon thread but here it is again:

With 3:2:1 STR CON DEX ratio.

1 Like

for PvE focused I’d probably do dragoon c2, cuz it increase damage and can reduce attack speed and movement speed. while lancer focused on PvP with powerful anti-personnel skills and can silence and shock mages.

edit: in your case I’d definately do dragoon, cuz the movement speed debuff will also help you in PvP since you’re only at cata c1.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice!

Any advice on full Dex (Str 100, Con 100) Sw3>Cata3 for pvp?

agree with @fatedhour

1 Like

Stat reset.

20characters…

waiting for comments too…