Tree of Savior Forum

[POLL] Future of Catagoon (Cata C3 > Dragoon): Dragoon C2 or Dragoon > Lancer? šŸ‡

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Nice build. I feel like youā€™ll have too many active skills though, but thatā€™s just me.

With a Sw3 Cata3 Dragoon Iā€™ll have enough DPS skill rotation and have a few utility skills ready on the side. Guess Iā€™m just biased with pure builds (going C3 for each class).

@Jabba @razm2888 Seems like a solid build, but Iā€™m not complete sold on 100 Con (overkill?), but thatā€™s just me.

I opened with 100 STR, 100 DEX, and 50 CON and then just build up from there as I see fit (e.g. if I canā€™t crit at least 50% of the time, Iā€™ll add some more DEX; if I lack survivality, more CON; damage too low, more STR). I have 2 stat reset potions from founder packs though so Iā€™m not scared to screw up with stats. XD

Sound harsh, but stat reset is the correct choice.

Without STR you lose out too much damage, and all that block penetration, especially with cata +40% block pen attribute

i haven t done it yet. what do you suggest then?

Right now you need 100+ CON for PvP, that is true. You might need 50-80 DEX for easy PvE gear and some PvP utility, the rest should go into STR.

You priority target in PvP should be wiz + cleric, and with high STR you should spin them to death easily.

Maybe later on when there are a lot of R8 players already, but I think 100+ CON is a bit overkill and kind of a waste when you could have invested those points in STR.

I agree with not going crazy with DEX though for the sake of crit rate (I personally have 100 DEX as base, but thatā€™s just me) since that can be stacked through items yet can also be negated by crit resist items which is naturally present in a number of equips.

Accuracy (most importantly against high DEX builds) and evasion (against low dex/accuracy p.Atk builds) which DEX also provides on the other hand seems more significant in PVP, supplemented by equips having those stats.

As most would say though, it all depends on your playstyle. High CON maybe for juggernaut approach. I kinda like the hit-n-run style which I think Cata3 is really good at.

With 100 CON you have a little over 25k HP (not including mount bonus), that is not really overkill as any archer can easily fling 15-20k HP away in 1 shot, and you want more HP to survive the CC-lock of wizard. And that is not even including R8 power of those classes.

Cataphract at rank 7 is a terrible idea because you will be a rank behind and your skill base damage will be really low compared to a Dragoon. Also Cataphract as just C1 is a bad idea because it is more of a core class than a complementary one.

IMC said that rank 10 is max, availability of classes might be increased by hidden classes tho.

@haukinyau When talking about pvp, your hoplite 3 build is bad.
for pve it might work, but for pvp if you already took c1 cata, might as well go c3 for rush i dont recall any top pvp korean cataphract who didnt go up to c3.
you can do it, its just not as good.

2 Likes

This is quite literally my build.Pretty happy with it.

And that is exactly why I did it.I knew in the future theyā€™d expand on the mounts for the class,riding is very useful [especially while attacking],and thereā€™s never anything wrong with more move speed.When Iā€™m using Trot and get a Chrono to cast Haste on me,I feel swift and amazing :sparkles:! Wouldnā€™t trade it for anything.

2 Likes

I have a feeling the serpentine buff will actually be an attribute that grants 1% atk to your party for each level, not only it will be a costy R8 attribute, but you will also need to spend A LOT before it becomes decent at the first place (and remember that getting 20%~30% atk bonus for 10seconds~ or so isnā€™t really much of a big deal).

Granted that it is a good choice to pick for late game, but how many players are actually going to reach beyond Lv50 attribute on it?

Just expectations, nothing more or less, but in case it is a per-level attribute, you might want to pick a different choice to keep your wallet safe.

For Pure PvP, Sw3-Cata3-Pelt/Hop-Lancer. Dragoon makes you stand still which doesnt fit the whole Cata idealogy

hop also pretty much makes you stand still haha :stuck_out_tongue: staby stab stab stab

1 Like

Thats why Pelt is better because then some short sighted people will want you in the party

Pelt seems a viable R7 pick when going Lancer. Thanks for suggesting that.

if i had to pick a defensive class with my cataphract, itā€™d probably be a rodelero, ill still get access to a shield block and some CC that can be used mounted.
i would personally go dragoon and then lancer, just because i really dont care what those wizard/cleric elites think

Well you have Umbo blow (2 casts before overheat) for additional CC. Not sure if Rim Blow knockdowns or something.

+25% HP from swash buckling. Guardian is kinda situational since it canā€™t be used with Gung Ho i.e. going support mode, use guardian for added evasion despite atk reduc; going offensive/DPS mode, use gung ho.

I think the most important thing from Pelt that could benefit a Spear-shield lancer is this:

Thatā€™s a guaranteed 25% block increase, no cast, no CD, always up.

All that if only Lancer has a 1H spear attribute. If not and weā€™re stuck with 2H spear, then Goon1 is the best R7 choice.

1 Like

I agree it depends a lot on whether lancer can use 1h spear or not. Also dragoon is not too bad either.