Tree of Savior Forum

Poll For Psychokino Must Be Nerf!

“tl;dr” doesn’t mean you can be misleading by saying things like “bonus from rank”.

And again, this does not fix the problem of CON being less wasteful than INT due to 5 or 6 skills, within all Wizard classes, having abnormal base damage compared to all other skills.

For example, Warlock needed a nerf indeed, but just going -50% damage at the end of the formula doesn’t fix the real problem, because all INT investment is also cut in half, so WL still builds CON.

It is just a shitty bandaid that IMC gave us that didn’t fix the core of the problem, just like your sugestion won’t.

If they just lowered the skill base damage portion by 75% or so for TBL, Warlocks would need to get INT to do damage.
Same should be applied to Flesh Cannon and Summons damage between other skills (not just from WIz), forcing DPS characters to build their damage stat with some CON, and only full support/tanks go “full CON”.

-_-

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

yes, i have a sword thats going hop2>cor>fencer3

i main cleric, i have a paladin (main), a monk, and a sadhu that im going to delete once my sword gets to fencer

/20oiopoiuytrfdcfvg

They have too much HP because they dont need INT.

They don’t need INT because very few skills have enough base damage to kill people in one cast (thanks to IMC wonderful base damage scaling…).

When IMC tries to fix that, they also make INT scaling worse (why?!?!?!).

Nerfing CON doesn’t solve the problem of people not needing INT. Nerfing base damage makes people need INT for damage, thus getting less CON and less max HP…

That is how you fix problems.

So basically get a Cleric1, Priest1, Dievdirby3, Oracle1, Plague Doctor1 on their team. That pretty much covers everything right?

You give your team invincibility, blocks Raise and other magic circles near it, it heals, has a resurrection, CC immunity and statues that slow and silence do damage to anything that comes close.
So let 1 class be able to block everything for the 1st 18 seconds, and block almost all CC in the 30 sec after that.
I guess you can counter it with well timed knockdowns but even then it wouldn’t die right away due to Healing Factor.

So 1 class scares off a whole lot of others for a while.

Some would say that’s overkill, how about we give it Kabbalist instead of Plague Doctor.

Give the cleric a teammate… full CON Wizard1, Cryomancer 3, Sorcerer2, Warlock1. This guy is surrounded by Dark Theurge, Subzero Shield, Revenged Sevenfolded bats, Salamion and Temple Shooter.
What’s an enemy swordsman at this point other than a free kill. Anyone who gets close will probably die, anyone who attacks has a high chance of dying.
Give these 2 another teammate, a swordsman, doesn’t matter what type. He’ll use Pain Barrier and run in while buffed with the cleric’s stuff . Eats all the Scattered Caltrops if there are any, soaks up all the CC and creates an opening for the rest of the team by being annoying.
Even before the cleric team attacks, they have such a great advantage, no player skill involved yet.

The enemy can’t do much other than run. Elementalist will probably kill itself. Swordsman will probably kill itself. Frost Pillar will stop a swordsman trying to Rush. Ice Wall will divide and conquer.
@Biskee Did I leave anything out?

1 Like

i can really compare bcuz my clerics are all rank 5+

paladin: dmg is really low, bcuz shes a support
monk: damage is really REALLY high, but nobody else seems to think that monk has high damage, so i guess dmg is really low
sadhu: deleting this character

my swordsman is doing good dmg, easiest leveling out of all my chars, idk how it would compare to my monk bcuz theyre arent at the same stage f the game yet

my clerics have died a few times, even my paladin that has 144 con. (15k hp) she has 15k hp, i saw a vid of a fencer that only had 100 con but still had 20k hp.

my pardoner has 96 Con and 13k hp using cafrisun set. Swordsman have naturally high hp.

cleric have lower hp than sword, but can heal, so its balanced.

plus my clerics usually if not always die when there are a lot of enemies (such as the quests that spawn 20 enemeis and make you kill them all), and there are enemies that 1-3 shot me, even with 15k hp

I like how you put that. [quote=“Satoru, post:47, topic:320740”]
Nerfing base damage makes people need INT for damage, thus getting less CON and less max HP…
[/quote]

We really should tell IMC this. Having a 40k hp Wizard in pvp who can take out 25k HP with 1 skill is silly.

3 Likes

LOLwut!???

Hahahahahhahahaha :joy:

So what about this: Rush anti-CC is bugged, what’s this guy gonna do when it’s fixed?

Seriously though, swordsmen of all types are the predilect prey of magic classes in there, that’s why we fill the bait role for the first few seconds unless the opening is too obvious.

If you’re scared of the incoming rushing cata, might as well “gitgud” and react a little faster so you cast your skill before he’s on your head (a bit harder if it has a chrono in the team, but still possible).

Kino is just ridiculous. I’ve seen whole teams wiped by a well timed MF into Raise. Cryo icewall isn’t about damage or CC, it’s about distribution and separation. I saw a team perform by what should be the book of advanced TBL, I’m almost positive they were all connected on discord or something similar. They set all the aoe/ground effects in 2 areas and the cryos made sure to split the other team while leaving the 5th guy cornered, and they still owned 40% of the field to run freely. I don’t know how common a perfect X ice wall is but losing to that was beautiful, what’s a swordman to do in that case?

Dark theurge/sz shield being able to work at the same time needs to be rethought. R7x is just ridiculous. The main problem of these skills is the uptime. Waiting doesn’t help if you’re gonna have to wait until it’s too late.

R8 brings some goodies against all that stuff, and if the matchmaking improves we might finally get some balance, but as things stand TODAY, saying some wiz and cleric classes are “just ok” is heavily misguided. I still play, the swordsman is still useful to have in there if played appropriately, but its ability to turn mathces around is very limited.

Oh how you’ll cry when lancer is here and rush works as it should…

I’ll be so glad when Rush is working like it’s supposed to xD

1 Like

I’d just say “FML” or “YOLO” at the sight of that. XD A wiz teammate telling me “noob” afterwards because I couldn’t do ■■■■ would just be icing on the cake.

These kinds of setups are actually not that uncommon in high-rank matches. It seems like these players are so experienced that they just know what their teammates are able to do, with respect to the party composition and individual player skill, in each specific situation. No chat. Straight-up killin’.

In high-rank matches, having a swordsman in the team becomes a handicap in the game’s current class balancing in TBL (except maybe a catagoon but good ones are very rare - most just usually rush in and die wondering what killed them, screaming at the priest to resu them).

I’ve looked up different skills from different classes and tried to figure out how I could possibly counter or survive them, learned to count durations, and most importantly - learned to accept the fact that in some situations, a swordsman just can’t do sh*t when faced with an invulnerable, CCfest 5-man god team.

1 Like

Yeah its like, waht if the other team gets all the good players and my team su cks scenario. Counterspell has a high cooldown and covers just a small area. Once it was put down u can put ground skills in it again so yeah not that good at all.

And what if the matchmaking is better and the other team has the same cleric then it is equal again.

Its a safe thing to say that swordies have their problems in PvP maybe Cataphract not so much as other classes but still. So the best way to make Swordies better is to buff them in PvP not to nerf classes that are okay.

And I still stand with the opinion that a lot of losses against teams with a diev3 in the party are due to the playstyle of the other team and not the ausrine buff itself, same goes for psychokino and so on.

I lost matches because i couldnt resurrect because my teammate was pulling the other team to the place i was standing and i got hit by their skills. I won matches against groups with ausrine and psychokinos while not having a diev3 in my team. Its not like some classes are totally imbalanced its because some PvP Players dont realize that u have 50 sec to strategise before a match starts and sometimes rushing isnt the best choice even if u lose the MVP status.

Just rework the matchmaking and learn to accept the fact that a lot of people chose to play PvP with PvE chars. And that not every class is the same, cc builds are meant to disable you for a while and if u nerf those cc skills it will end with PvP matches consistent of 10 DPS chars rushing each others and its going to be just luck who wins cause everyone will just spam their skills.

1 Like

Zaibas, Cure and Heal have low base damage with extra INT scaling, so it is needed already.
Idk how much investment of INT Effigy needs to be good, but even if it is not much, it is reasonably slow to kill ppl and has range limit, so it is fine.

Smite and Monk skills are considerably hard to hit, need DEX and/or are single hit, so it is ok i guess…

The only skills that i can remember needing lower base damage to force INT/STR scaling would be Owl Statue, Carnivory, Incineration and (probably) Energy Blast.

In the same sense we get Wugushi poison nerf (and removal of antidote from TBL), Broadhead bleed nerf, and many other Rank 5+ skills with too much base damage.

Yes cc is a part of the game but a lot of it lasts too long and is followed up by more cc and damage. We don’t need classes skills that can lock multiple players down for over 7 seconds that also do a ton of damage.
Do I seriously need to lose the match because of 1 Magnetic Force? We all know what usually happens after you get caught by Magnetic Force… MORE CC and an array of damage skills to follow.

Should 1 person really be able to pull 1 or more players to 1 spot (Frost Pillar or Magnetic Force), stop you from moving casting etc (Sleep, Ice Pike)., deal damage to you (Pole of Agony, Dark Theurge, Snow Rolling), Raise you, build an Ice Wall around you, use Psychic Pressure to stun and or freeze lock you pretty much until you’re dead? That’s just 1 example.

There’s usually no chance to escape if you don’t have CC immunity. CC is out of hand. You talk about “cc builds” like they don’t do damage.[quote=“Kaylee, post:59, topic:320740”]
cc builds are meant to disable you for a while and if u nerf those cc skills it will end with PvP matches consistent of 10 DPS chars rushing each others and its going to be just luck who wins cause everyone will just spam their skills.
[/quote]

It doesn’t work like that, how bold of you to say people will just spam skills as if they don’t have enough sense to decide when and where to use a skill. Do you honestly believe we’re all going to faceroll our keyboards regardless of where our allies and enemies are on the map and leave it up to “luck,” that they’ll just happen to walk in the right spots? WOW I’ve never seen such nonsense. You clearly don’t know how balanced PvP works, don’t know what balance is or you don’t know what nerf means lol.

1 Like