Tree of Savior Forum

Policy Update Regarding RMT

Who is breaking the game rules? Not us.

Not our problem no one can afford our asking price. You said that you don’t like straw men arguments, don’t use one here.

1 Like

I’m not using strawman arguments.

If no one can afford your item you have three options:
A) Keep it to yourself.
B) Wait until someone can afford.
C) Lower your price.

D) RMT it. Which should not be an option and you’d breaking rules when doing so.

And that is what we do. A and B. You understand now?

We do not have to lower our price.

Edit: If I wanted to, I can hold Gilly’s wings till the server shuts down, if no one pays my asking price (10 Star Legend Marnox Card, by the way).

1 Like

Yeah, I totally understand that. Although that’s not what’s observed in practice.

In reality currently people ends up RMT’ing and buying those stuff instead of keeping you eternally waiting for selling it. Which is bad for the economy.

@Veldt did you just say 10 star legend marnox card

1 Like

Which, as we keep saying, is not our problem.

As a real world example:

I have a gold plated ferrari for sale. https://www.cnbc.com/2013/09/17/gold-plated-lamborgini-yours-for-73-million.html

If someone robs a bank to try and afford my asking price, that is not our fault.

Edit: @Mikumo Yeah, that is my asking price. If you have one on Telsiai, feel free to come trade it for my Gilly’s Wings

1 Like

If buyer ends up RMT-ing silvers that is no fault of the seller.
And I am not insisting that seller should turn to RMT sales.
But can you really blame the seller if there are no decent silver offers
And a really decent cash offer?

2 Likes

If you’re selling it at 1:1 RMT it is your problem. I never said it in another way.

And I never said the seller’s at fault. But a problem still exists somewhere. Unless you’re RMT’ing 1:1, then there’s your problem.

And as we keep saying, we are not. We don’t even need the real life cash!

Edit: Most of the folks actually selling items for real life cash are not the same ones who just spent it upgrading their items.

Edit2:

A problem exists somewhere, and it is not us.

1 Like

You are not but some are. Also some whales are buying these high-end items with cash from other players.

And if you’re actually the buyer as it happens with some, the problem is there.

Edit:
For the record, if people are decent they would try to sell items for in-game items or in-game silver. There are people in Klaipeda trying to sell Marnox, Mirtis and Zaura legendary cards for in-game things, not RMT.

I frankly wouldn’t call these folks whales.

Which is what most of us do. Or list our items at. You just won’t see us list Gilly’s on the market. I want specific items for it, as I said above. Most folks who own the wings wouldn’t trade it for more common things, either.

PS. Legend cards aren’t as uncommon, and their supply just keeps going up over time.

1 Like

Then you’re not part of my point.

Once you read them you’ll know I’m directing my comments at those who participates in 1:1 RMT and comments like these:

Which is bad. If you don’t consider RMT you can just keep the item for yourself or wait until someone can afford, but that’s not what happens 100% of time in practice.

In a scenario where there’s no RMT and you want to sell for whatever reason, price goes down - or the item doesn’t get sold. It doesn’t magically keep its value if you want to get rid of it.

In fact, many people who gets these high-end items sometimes just wants them for the profit value, not for keeping. And if you take too long something similar can be added making the first one lose value. Plus the very fact that more people would be trying to sell the same item might make the price go lower compared to what happens when someone RMT it.

In which case i’ll have to disagree with him regarding the ‘selling for real cash’ portion.

Although that (item << >> real cash) has no effect on the silver economy.

1 Like

I just gave you an example:

With RMT out of question, the items available starts to be higher than the demand (or higher than the number of people who can afford).

Btw 1:1 RMT literally does nothing to the game economy in this case because RMT silvers is not involved. Seller spends $$ in TP to get tonnes of cubes. Buyer dosent have silver, skips the RMT silver process, offers cash terms. Deal is done.

Buyer is happy
Seller is happy
IMC is happy

As for f2p players cashing out the 20 hours a day they spend in game. I am neutral with regards to that.
Since RMT silver is not involved as well, general state of the game is not affected. That is their incentive to play the game. Their hard work and time for your silvers , if not cash.

It is not legal by the books but does it really ruin the game?

You must understand that high end items come with 'high end risks". Be it your time, or money through cash shop. Or even crafting a +21 with no diamond anvil takes alot of RNG and who knows how many failed attempts. It is only natural they are seeking profit. Why do it otherwise ?
I am not pushing RMT, nor have I sold anything for cash
just stating that the fact if seller is determined to sell instead of keeping his item. You cant really blame for accepting cash offers if there is no decent silvers offer.

1 Like

Read post above, it does.

Ehhh, I wouldn’t call an item ‘insanely-priced’ if there was more than 1 person selling it at a point of time.

I mean, its not like you see multiple +21 weapons of the same category suddenly pop onto the market.

Or Gilly Wings, for the matter.

Pretty much everything else, there’re multiple copies, and the prices drop all the time.

1 Like

And that’s what happens when you hold a high-end item for too much time instead of 1:1 RMTing it away.

Having two sellers is enough to have competition, which is something RMT removes from the equation. Even if there are no price changes, there’s competition.

And that’s how you affect the economy, although obviously in a lower scale compared to RMTing from bots.

Edit:
It doesnt matter how many giltines or miki +21 7 pots in the market.
The seller’s asking price wont change.

Also if there are so many flooding the market, it will no longer be considered high end

1 Like

Holding what item for too much time, though?

You aren’t getting any more Gilly Wings anytime.

Also…

1:1 RMT trades do not affect the silver economy.

Let me just borrow my golden ferrari example above. If someone offers me a golden maserati in trade, it does not lower the cash value of the vehicle if I accept the trade.

Edit: Inflation of the economy happens when there is an unchecked currency faucet (See Zimbabwe). The currency itself devalues constantly against other items which hold their ‘value’.

Yeah, it does, the same as anyone running dungeons for silver. I mean…anything you do can be termed as ‘affecting’ the economy.

What this entire thread is about, though, is closing the silver faucet from bots, which causes a general deflation effect. Not targeting specific high-end items for price reduction.

1 Like