Tree of Savior Forum

Plans for Combat System Changes

TOS is now out of BETA… and please do release new GEMS/Accessories which gives higher crit rate to balance dex builds. And also please give a welcome back return gift to players who didnt play for 30 days or more its like the “Returned Hero” ( from dragon nest) which gives durational equip and some gacha and random golds. that would be nice to pcoming back players
@staff

3 Likes

STR for accuracy? DEX for block penetration? seriously?
It somewhat balance to build balance stat but it doesn’t make sense lol

Something I want to know is how much different about low-rank skill and high-rank skill. Is it make to clearly support class and attack class at end game?

1 Like

They nerfed DEX drastically by removing Crit Rate from it, had to make up for it.

1 Like

Im on hype right now with these upcoming changes… the problem is those who RMT shards. Can the staff/GM look thru this people who obviously got trans10 on all gears if they will be compensated they will still reign.

DEX for block penetration makes a lot of sense. Not sure about accuracy, but that’s not something that bothers me much. It also works like that for some tabletop RPG games.

Trans will still be overpowered, it will just become more acessible for everyone.

Some full trans people may even get an entire extra full set of items worth of shards.

It’s like reading comprehension died somehwere during those 330 levels for some people.

4 Likes

Will fake multihit cease to exist?

As far as I’m aware they add nothing more than a pretty rainbow of damage numbers that make it hard for me to understand how much exact damage I’m actually dealing.

3 Likes

So now is officially tree of clerics and mage, since physical DPS cant crit anymore

1 Like

What is proper skill scaling
What is items
What is monster changes

Too soon to say that.

1 Like

@STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy will Missile Hole from Sage be changed as well with the new combat system?

There are plans for reducing the damage one takes in PvP but currently Missile Hole have more than 100% uptime and it is almost impossible to break it on a 5v5 match.

Almost all archers basically relies on the ability to 1-shot enemies right after breaking Missile Hole hit count. Without any change to this skills but changing how damage works archers basically won’t be able to kill sages.

Is there any plans on changing how these immunity skills work to make PvP more balanced?

EDIT:
These immunity skills also should include Ausrine and other forms immunity.

8 Likes

you can still crit duh

Im also concerned about this issue.

Did you miss the part that tells so much else in the game will be rebalanced? There is no point in looking at an isolated change and ignore all the rest. We just can’t take conclusions yet, there’s no telling how all these changes will play in practice.

1 Like

Much thanks to the devs and staff of IMC who listen to the player community. This update post is a breath of fresh air to ToS and hopefully will stir up a second wind to make ToS a much better game.

@STAFF_Ethan, thanks for creating this post.

It will be really great if we can have a few samples of the changed gear? To not create any market influences perhaps a couple of white/blue lv315 gears which is talked about in the dev blog post?

At least with some item samples it is easier for us to see how the new item stats play and whether transcendence is still too OP.

Some skill damage formulas will be great too, like Bash or Ice bolt or something.

Next is the influences of the current set of gems and headgear enchants, how will they play a part in the new formulas and any plans to change them.

An example will be what is shown in the video, with solmiki leggings at 400+ defences (about 2x of what is currently now), the power ratio of gems and headgear (both def/mdef) are affected. What is the dev’s take on these.

4 Likes

“We’re also eliminating the bonus factor obtained from allocating points in the same stat to avoid promoting excessively disproportionate stat investment.”

finally :cry:

I’m rly happy about the changes. Everything seems more balanced I hope it will work out well.

2 Likes

So, my question is, since everything is going to change, is it worth to spend time playing right now? What’s the point?

1 Like

Can we expect Summoner boss cards to get a rework as well? Templeshooter is part of 99% of Sorc builds as the other cards are buggy or simply not good enough.

And why on earth does Summoning scale off SPR now? You added Riding in the last patch only to make it useless in the next update? Both Atk/Def should scale off INT, SPR has no place in Summoner builds due to its max drain %.

2 Likes

Tree of Savior Re:newalplanted
notsosoonenough

Well this is something really good to anticipate.
Am still holding off from playing till all that posted changes get applied in iToS.

Really like that aspd in DEX thing lol.

3 Likes

Oh now i wonder what is gonna happen to coloured gems and collection bonuses.

1 Like

It should be. Leveling, getting blessed gems and items will still help you out after the change.